E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

TECH TOYS!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 06:40 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This weekend my 2004 530i will be finally catching up with the rest of the world in terms of car tech, being that I have such and early model I wasn't enjoying the finer things in life like some of the rest of you already were. I will be striping the car down and installing the Following.......

Back Up Camera using mod my nav unit.
TECH TOYS!!!!-cam1.jpgTECH TOYS!!!!-backupview.jpg

Ipod ashtray dock using Spec Doc
TECH TOYS!!!!-specdock1.jpg

Ipod Video on Nav Screen using mod my nav interface
TECH TOYS!!!!-interface1.jpg
TECH TOYS!!!!-videoonscreen.jpg

Bluetooth Retrofit (using newer TCU and coding myself with NCS)
TECH TOYS!!!!-tcu.jpg

Music via Bluetooth (using Blackberry Bluetooth Gateway)
TECH TOYS!!!!-bbbg.jpg

Aux jack in arm rest
TECH TOYS!!!!-auxjack.jpg

USB power female jack custom fit inside armrest
TECH TOYS!!!!-usb-port.jpg

(please note pictures not mine)...So wish me luck pictures of the install to come, im super excited
Old 03-20-2012, 06:47 AM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: 535D Tourer - Pre LCI

good luck!! cant wait for the pics
Old 03-20-2012, 07:03 AM
Members

When you get to do this will have a few questions for you ie coding for Aux input and the specdock.. thats what I was going to go with. So the specdock and the aux input are two separate things??

Good luck

Originally Posted by spediegunz
This weekend my 2004 530i will be finally catching up with the rest of the world in terms of car tech, being that I have such and early model I wasn't enjoying the finer things in life like some of the rest of you already were. I will be striping the car down and installing the Following.......

Back Up Camera using mod my nav unit.
Attachment 131424Attachment 131425

Ipod ashtray dock using Spec Doc
Attachment 131426

Ipod Video on Nav Screen using mod my nav interface
Attachment 131427
Attachment 131428

Bluetooth Retrofit (using newer TCU and coding myself with NCS)
Attachment 131435

Music via Bluetooth (using Blackberry Bluetooth Gateway)
Attachment 131436

Aux jack in arm rest
Attachment 131437

USB power female jack custom fit inside armrest
Attachment 131438

(please note pictures not mine)...So wish me luck pictures of the install to come, im super excited
Old 03-20-2012, 07:17 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by wyowolf
When you get to do this will have a few questions for you ie coding for Aux input and the specdock.. thats what I was going to go with. So the specdock and the aux input are two separate things??

Good luck
Yes spec doc and aux jack are 2 different things the spec doc is completely not needed to add ipod or any audio device to your e60 , its just for looks if you are a neat freak like me, and want a doc for your I device. It comes with several different connection methods that cater to what you are trying to do with it I chose one that has av rca cables and charges at the same time it will be plugged into my modmynav for audio and video. You don't need to get it coded if you get one. As far as aux its a simple 3.5 mm audio jack that gets wired straight to your radio you can plug anything that accepts headphones to it and enjoy.... That however does require coding, its fairly easy even for an ncs beginner like me
Old 03-20-2012, 07:53 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

NICE! Pix when it's all done!
Old 03-20-2012, 08:04 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 AW N52 with sports package & premium package; natural brown interior MODs: Orion V2s 3000K H8 Yellow Fogs Matte Black Kidney Grills 20" Miro 111 Hankook V12 Tires H&R Sport Springs Special coding via Simon (dbl flash hazards, digital velocity, etc.) LED Side Markers from Trinity Autosports LED License Plate Lights from Trinity Autosports Carbon Delete BMC Air Filter RPI Scoop RPI GT Exhaust Future MODs: Mtech Kit KW Variant 2 Coilovers CIC Retrofit Upgrade Audio System

Can't wait to see it when it's done. I am really interested in the backup cam and being able to play video from the iPhone.
Old 03-20-2012, 08:16 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 08 528I Sport/Prem

I been needing to get one of those blackberry gateways.

Good luck!
Old 03-20-2012, 08:27 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i

is there any devices that allow bluetooth streaming for ipod/iphones?
Old 03-20-2012, 08:40 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by lawnboy
is there any devices that allow bluetooth streaming for ipod/iphones?
Well you can take the same route as me and use the the blackberry stereo remote Bluetooth audio gateway.... Don't let the name fool you it works with most if not all Bluetooth devices not just blackberries LOL...... However you need an aux input in your car to use it, in which case instead of buying one you could just plug your ipod straight to the aux jack instead . Don't quote me on this cuz I'm not sure but I also remember reading somewhere that if you don't have aux u can use it via fm transmitter. But if you live in a city area that will sound pretty crappy.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:59 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Good luck Ronald!

Quick Reply: TECH TOYS!!!!