E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

TECH TOYS!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 11:12 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can an iPhone be connected to a stock bluetooth phone connection and the gateway at the saem time?
Old 03-20-2012, 11:23 AM
Senior Members

nice fusions
Old 03-20-2012, 01:39 PM
Senior Members

Yup , well I haven't confirmed it yet myself but i read others got it to work that way u gotta just pair your phone to the car first then gateway and when a call comes in it supposedly interrupts the music and when u hang up its starts right back up.
Old 03-20-2012, 02:21 PM
Members

[qauote name='spediegunz' timestamp='1332256650' post='1428709']
Yes spec doc and aux jack are 2 different things the spec doc is completely not needed to add ipod or any audio device to your e60 , its just for looks if you are a neat freak like me, and want a doc for your I device. It comes with several different connection methods that cater to what you are trying to do with it I chose one that has av rca cables and charges at the same time it will be plugged into my modmynav for audio and video. You don't need to get it coded if you get one. As far as aux its a simple 3.5 mm audio jack that gets wired straight to your radio you can plug anything that accepts headphones to it and enjoy.... That however does require coding, its fairly easy even for an ncs beginner like me
[/quote]

So the Spec Dock doesn't need coding?? Or the modmynav? What is that?
Old 03-20-2012, 02:24 PM
Contributors

Oh man - i wish i could do this to my 04 545! I lack in skills in this area. Good luck with this project - please post some pictures when you're done.
Old 03-20-2012, 02:49 PM
Members

My Ride: 520d Chip tuning m sport package sport suspension 20" Vertini wheels carbon fiber ipod kit led interior light led angel eyes led side markers

Happy install!
Old 03-20-2012, 03:25 PM
Senior Members

Here is the inspiration/possible implementation of my custom fit aux jack and usb power port I will be installing inside of the arm rest I will try and use the existing airhole with the trap door thing to run wires through

TECH TOYS!!!!-airhole.jpg

Its an old shell of a computer tower I had lying around the house for spare parts

if you look closely it already has preexisting cut outs for usb, and aux exactly what i need. I'm thinking about cutting the front of the tower and using that piece as a plate to house the inputs and also cover the trap door hole as well maybe ill slap a coat of black on it to make it all blend in and look more oem rather than diy.

Old 03-21-2012, 08:22 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by wyowolf
So the Spec Dock doesn't need coding?? Or the modmynav? What is that?
No the spec dock doesn't need coding nor the modmynav. The Modmynav is a plug and play interface that lets you view up to 3 video sources on your idrive screen and also lets you add a backup camera as well. as for the video sources it could be a dvd player, media player, ipod video, front or back cameras, video game console, tvtuner.... whatever your device as long as it has a/v cables (yellow,red,white) it will show it on that front screen no coding required.

for more info search on the forum there are many members who have already installed the mmn or some other similar interfaces and you can go to their respective websites modmynav.com and specdock.com also both vendors are members of this forum if you pm them i'm sure they will be happy to help you as well
Old 03-21-2012, 02:33 PM
Senior Members

yes!!!! I received the final piece in the mail today so friday night sat morning its on..... thanks for the good luck wishes guys
Old 03-22-2012, 08:17 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Next Gen LEDS

very nice choice of current upgrades

Quick Reply: TECH TOYS!!!!