Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Need advice with a forum transaction

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 10:39 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Two Mondays ago I paid good money for some e60 car items. The seller claimed to have shipped them to my residence last Friday, then Yesterday (Thursday) I received the following messages from the seller after I asked him for the tracking information:
Need advice with a forum transaction-message1.jpg
Need advice with a forum transaction-message2.jpg
I assumed based on those messages that the seller did not confirm a deliver time/date on my behalf, so I figured it was best that I speak with Conway myself to work that out, right? First thing Conway wants is a tracking ID off the shipping receipt. Unfortunately for me the seller says that he does not have the bill of lading handy (and therefore no tracking ID), so we attempted to use whatever information (other than the tracking number) I had on-hand to locate the shipment and schedule a pickup or delivery. After speaking with the Seattle Conway contact for over a half-hour, she is unable to locate any package destined for my address or name. Great..

At this point it was 10PM seller time, and the seller said in PM that I could call or text him whenever I wanted, so I called the seller twice last night and he did not pick up. I ended up leaving a voicemail letting him know who I was and asked for him to call me back so we could discuss some of the shipping details- or at least try and work out a way that we could obtain enough information so that Conway could confirm or deny the status of the shipment. To ensure my concerns were relayed properly, I then left the following text messages immediately after leaving the voice mail:

"Hey man. Im the guy who gave you cash for the xxx. Can you please call me?" (I removed the item details to keep the seller anonymous)

"I need you to call Conway Freight for me and Schedule a pickup for tomorrow between 2 and 4. I've got a certain office number for you to call (Seattle office). I will send you their number"

"425-251-6151"

"Please call me when you get this message. Thanks"

And immediately after sending those text messages, I figure it didn't hurt to also have my bases covered on the forum Messaging (PM's) too just in case his phone doesn't work for whatever reason, so I sent the following PM:

Need advice with a forum transaction-message4.jpg
Figuring that I did everything I could at that point, and given that the Conway frieght lady told me that she would have somebody call me in the morning when they found my shipment, I continued along with my evening as normal.

Got back from lunch and haven't heard anything from the seller yet which I thought was odd since his time zone is east of mine, so I tried calling him a few more times. No answer. Then I contacted Conway again and spoke with 2 other people. Both seemed just as competent as the person I spoke with last night so we made another attempt at locating the shipment and failed. To top things off, Conway said that it's odd the seller claims they offered the delivery times that he did because those times falls outside their Seattle residential delivery time segment.

My senses are telling me that something fishy is happening. If you read this far, do you think so too or should I just chill out?

What do you guys think I should do next? The last message I sent him was this:
Need advice with a forum transaction-message5.jpg
Old 02-18-2011, 10:52 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

I'd give until Monday then call "shenanigans", because then he has had plenty of time to produce the tracking number - no on is THAT busy.

Either way, that sucks man, good luck
Old 02-18-2011, 10:55 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by pjinca
I'd give until Monday then call "shenanigans", because then he has had plenty of time to produce the tracking number - no on is THAT busy.

Either way, that sucks man, good luck
OK. Sounds good and thank you for the feedback. I've also decided to stay around the house today just in case.
Old 02-18-2011, 11:35 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hmmm

my senses tells me he is wasting time, how did you pay him and what parts where they?
Old 02-18-2011, 11:37 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

There ya go West, just sick PTL on him
Old 02-18-2011, 11:47 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by PraiseTheLowered
hmmm

my senses tells me he is wasting time, how did you pay him and what parts where they?
PayPal.

Originally Posted by pjinca
There ya go West, just sick PTL on him
No doubt.
Old 02-18-2011, 02:45 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i

Originally Posted by west
Two Mondays ago I paid good money for some e60 car items.
i'm not sure if you have any paypal protection on this type of transaction. might want to look into it.

also, if you can file a dispute, there is probably a time limit, like 30 days or so. keep that in mind.
Old 02-18-2011, 03:45 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545i
Model Year: 2004
Engine: N62

West,

That sucks to hear. Verify the statue of limitations on filing a payal dispute. You can give them a few more days, and the benefit of the doubt, but protect yourself. No shipping information, no returned calls, pm's or text messages. Something is not right. I hope all works out for the best and this is just a misunderstanding.
Old 02-18-2011, 04:37 PM
Senior Members

OK, so... had some discussion with the seller a few hours ago over PM. Looks like I might be getting strung along so I notified him that if I do not receive some proof of shipment or a tracking ID in the next 24 hours, I'm going to call shenanigans. To be fair, I'll probably wait until Monday, but if this ends up happening I'll share some feedback in the Buyer/Seller Feedback section of the forum so others don't end up getting screwed as well- I really hope it does not come down to that. My latest dialog with the seller looks like this (again, his name was removed to protect his innocence if in fact he is legit):

Him:
Need advice with a forum transaction-message10.jpg

Me:
Need advice with a forum transaction-message11.jpg

Him:
Need advice with a forum transaction-message12.jpg

Me:
Need advice with a forum transaction-message13.jpg
Need advice with a forum transaction-message14.jpg

Old 02-18-2011, 04:39 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Hyper_545i
West,

That sucks to hear. Verify the statue of limitations on filing a payal dispute. You can give them a few more days, and the benefit of the doubt, but protect yourself. No shipping information, no returned calls, pm's or text messages. Something is not right. I hope all works out for the best and this is just a misunderstanding.
Sounds good. Yeah, I told the guy that I am willing to wait another 24 hours for the proof of shipment/tracking information, but I'll likely give him until Monday morning. Something is definately not right- I agree. Thank you, I hope this is all just a misunderstanding too.

Quick Reply: Need advice with a forum transaction