Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Need advice with a forum transaction

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 01:25 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

fuck it file it now, hes going to be withdrawing the money and playing some shell games so paypal cant get your money back

this is wayyyy too sketchy for a thousand bucks

you need an enforcer, its time for you to hire me
Old 02-19-2011, 06:58 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2007 530i. Purchased 6/28/07. Titanium Silver Metallic, Black Dakota Leather, Dark Poplar Trim, Steptronic, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, Bluetooth, Adaptive Control Xenons. 10/30/07 Added OEM 124s with 245/40/18 & 275/35/18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires. Installed red Cal Covers� from BavAuto. 11/21/07 Added OEM all-weather floor mats (for winter, carpet in summer) and coat rack. 6/26/08 installed M5-style rear spoiler. 6/30/08 put on red reflectors. 8/22/08 Euro turn signal stickers applied. 3/20/09 Installed Shadowline Trim. 3/27/09 Added Matte Black Kidney Grilles from Trinity. 4/03/09 Installed Bimmian Shadow Matte Black 530i Badges. 4/04/09 Installed LED license plate lights from Trinity. 5/01/09 Installed Brabus Interior LED Kit and White Angel Eyes. 5/02/09 Put in Brabus 6K Fogs. 5/14/09 Removed charcoal filter. 5/15/09 Installed light smoke LED side marker lamps from Trinity. 5/21/09 Sprint Booster. 6/12/09 Painted exhaust tips flat black. 6/13/09 Pulled red Cal Covers and painted calipers low gloss black. 6/27/09 RPI Ram Air Scoop from Trinity. 8/15/09 Installed Brabus's silver invisibulbs front and rear. 9/24/09 Installed R-Dash license plate LEDs from Brabaus (John).

Best case scenario, the guy's an unreliable jackass. Worst case scenario, we've got a Quad_M wannabe on our hands.
Old 02-19-2011, 07:27 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

You're doing no-one any favors by protecting the identity of the seller. Based on your PMs, you've been more than reasonable.

If this member has other items for sale, members ought to be wary. You should name the seller so other members can choose whether or not to do business with him.

For what it's worth, based on the correspondence to date I suspect you're about to get screwed so there's nothing for you to gain by keeping the identity under wraps. There's also much for other members to lose if we have an unreliable and/or untrustworthy member on our hands.

You should name and shame.
Old 02-19-2011, 08:06 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

I agree with James.
Old 02-19-2011, 11:17 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: check siggg

Originally Posted by swajames
You're doing no-one any favors by protecting the identity of the seller. Based on your PMs, you've been more than reasonable.

If this member has other items for sale, members ought to be wary. You should name the seller so other members can choose whether or not to do business with him.

For what it's worth, based on the correspondence to date I suspect you're about to get screwed so there's nothing for you to gain by keeping the identity under wraps. There's also much for other members to lose if we have an unreliable and/or untrustworthy member on our hands.

i agree with naming and shaming but like west said, hes hoping its simply a misunderstanding. it would suck for that member if this really was a complete misunderstanding.
Old 02-19-2011, 11:19 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by PraiseTheLowered
fuck it file it now, hes going to be withdrawing the money and playing some shell games so paypal cant get your money back

this is wayyyy too sketchy for a thousand bucks
Is a shell game something they will to do keep the PayPal (and me) people believing that there is no issue- at least until the 45 day dispute time window has expired? If so, would you still follow through with filing a dispute even though you received the following PM? I think I might..

"i already refunded your money with note that they were damaged and they are handled by different dept thats is why they could not locate it.sorry"

The funds are not available and are in some sort of Pending/Wait state. I know this can happen during a legit transaction, so I won't worry much until a day or two passes and it's still in this wait state. If the pending/wait state is controllable by the refunder, this would be a great tool for a less than honest individual.

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
I agree with James.
Makes sense. At the least other forum members and moderators should be aware of a potential unreliable and/or untrustworthy member. The member name is nonm5e60. My opinion is that you should be careful if you plan to do business with this guy.

I purchased some rather big ticket car parts from non-commercial members on this forum alone the past two months and have dealt with some honest, kind, and straightforward individuals. I would put my money out up front after seeing photos, and would wait for the items and the items would arrive as described by the seller. We would have healthy PM and phone conversations, and we knew each others names and it was generally a fun buying experience. It has been my experience that most people selling an item are not out to screw anybody. I feel that whatever skepticism I've shared on this forum topic about my interaction with one individual should not be assumed about the buying/selling community as a whole. Lots of good people out there.
Old 02-19-2011, 05:39 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package

Originally Posted by west
Makes sense. At the least other forum members and moderators should be aware of a potential unreliable and/or untrustworthy member. The member name is nonm5e60. My opinion is that you should be careful if you plan to do business with this guy.
Well, nonm5e60 doesn't post here all that much but I've seen nothing in his posts that would have led me to have been too concerned about buying from him. I hope you guys work this out ASAP. If we've jumped to conclusions about this member, I am sure he will let us know what went wrong...

good luck and keep us posted.
Old 02-20-2011, 03:17 AM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Well, nonm5e60 doesn't post here all that much but I've seen nothing in his posts that would have led me to have been too concerned about buying from him. I hope you guys work this out ASAP. If we've jumped to conclusions about this member, I am sure he will let us know what went wrong...

good luck and keep us posted.
+1
Old 02-24-2011, 06:42 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is a shell game something they will to do keep the PayPal (and me) people believing that there is no issue- at least until the 45 day dispute time window has expired?
Update: Been waiting for the refund to process (since Saturday it's been saying I have to wait until Thursday for it to process), and today I log into paypal and see that the refund has been 'Removed' after it has been in state 'Pending' for the past 6 days. Unsure if it's fair to unblock the company name and contact informaiton, so here is a PayPal screenshot of the 'Removed' refund with the company name and contact info blacked out.

Need advice with a forum transaction-refund.jpg

Looks like I will be filing the dispute today. Does anybody have any advice before I do so? Anything to ensure everything gets processed smoothly? Never had to do anything like this before. Thanks.
Old 02-24-2011, 06:49 AM
Contributors

Update: Been waiting for the refund to process (since Saturday it's been saying I have to wait until Thursday for it to process), and today I log into paypal and see that the refund has been 'Removed' after it has been in state 'Pending' for the past 6 days. Unsure if it's fair to unblock the company name and contact informaiton, so here is a PayPal screenshot of the 'Removed' refund with the company name and contact info blacked out.

Attachment 117829

Looks like I will be filing the dispute today. Does anybody have any advice before I do so? Anything to ensure everything gets processed smoothly? Never had to do anything like this before. Thanks.
Did the seller portray this as a private sale? It appears that the transaction was handled by an LLC. If so, in addition to filing a dispute with PayPal (which you ought to have done already) you could contact the BBB. It may even be worth talking to your attorney.

And once again, you are doing the members here no favors by protecting the identities here. If this member is selling through an LLC and not in a private capacity I think the members here ought to know who and what to avoid.

Quick Reply: Need advice with a forum transaction