E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

What's your opinion on Blizzaks snow tires for 528i??

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 11:49 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '08 528i, Alpine WHITE

Hi everyone, I have a '08 528i and with this snow season , have been sliding al over the place! My cousin just got Blizzaks for his M3 and recommended I get them. I'd like to know the opinion of other non- xdrive owners and vendors what they think of them, if they have them on their bmw's, and if they are worth the investment. Tired of spinning the tires in the driveway!

Thanks!
Old 01-07-2011, 12:30 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

try searching under "blizzak", you'll find its a commonly discussed and used brand for winter tires
Old 01-07-2011, 01:01 PM
Administrator

Received 98 Likes on 94 Posts
My Ride: 530xi
Model Year: 2007
Engine: N52

What are you running now? If summer tires (or threadbare ones of any persuasion), ANY snow tire is going to give you better performance. Your handle doesn't indicate where you're from, but if you have occasion to drive in snow, on a RWD E60, snow tires are a MUST.

Blizzaks are very good. I've run them in the past on my E39. But as GENEaTALS suggests, there are differing opinions on this board that a simple search will reveal.
Old 01-07-2011, 03:08 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by dragonfx
Hi everyone, I have a '08 528i and with this snow season , have been sliding al over the place! My cousin just got Blizzaks for his M3 and recommended I get them. I'd like to know the opinion of other non- xdrive owners and vendors what they think of them, if they have them on their bmw's, and if they are worth the investment. Tired of spinning the tires in the driveway!

Thanks!
Depending on your location you may just get by with all-season tires. But, if your car was equipped with UHP "Summer" tires ... unless you live in Miami you're an accident waiting to happen. There are many highly recommended snow tires reviewed by TireRack ... though it may be a little late in the season to find the best of the best at a good price and in stock. BTW, I presume you know that snows should be fit at all 4 corners!

And BTW if you shop on line at TireRack or other stores click thru the link in my signature for best deals and rebates.
Old 01-07-2011, 06:08 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by jayarras
What are you running now? If summer tires (or threadbare ones of any persuasion), ANY snow tire is going to give you better performance. Your handle doesn't indicate where you're from, but if you have occasion to drive in snow, on a RWD E60, snow tires are a MUST.

Blizzaks are very good. I've run them in the past on my E39. But as GENEaTALS suggests, there are differing opinions on this board that a simple search will reveal.

Running stock Continentals right now. This is my first winter with the e60 , had an Audi A4 1.8T Quattro prior...
Old 01-07-2011, 06:15 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by luigi524td
Depending on your location you may just get by with all-season tires. But, if your car was equipped with UHP "Summer" tires ... unless you live in Miami you're an accident waiting to happen. There are many highly recommended snow tires reviewed by TireRack ... though it may be a little late in the season to find the best of the best at a good price and in stock. BTW, I presume you know that snows should be fit at all 4 corners!

And BTW if you shop on line at TireRack or other stores click thru the link in my signature for best deals and rebates.
I'm from the NY / NJ area. Finding out the hard way that snow tires are a MUST! What would you recommend ?
Old 01-07-2011, 06:29 PM
Administrator

Received 98 Likes on 94 Posts
My Ride: 530xi

I'm from the NY / NJ area. Finding out the hard way that snow tires are a MUST! What would you recommend ?
So did you attempt to search at all? Type "Blizzak" in Search and presto, 90 results appear, among them:
https://5series.net/forums/topic/107...1#entry1276967
Old 01-07-2011, 06:44 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2007 E60 530i 6 Speed Silver Gray

TO answer your question, my 530 RWD is like a Bear with the BLizzaks on.... Nuff said. See for yourself
Attached Thumbnails What's your opinion on Blizzaks snow tires for 528i??-snowmaggedon-015.jpg  
Old 01-07-2011, 06:50 PM
Contributors

Your RWD 528 is NOT an Audi 1.8 Quattro ... park it or get 4 Bridgeston, Dunlop or Michelin Snows [in the appropriate size and rating] tomorrow. The original equipment Conti's (IF they are all-season) are suitable ONLY for light snow conditions. If they are UHP SUMMER tires ... you're asking for an accident.
Old 01-07-2011, 08:21 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2012 535i X-driveSpace Grey/Black Dakota, Fineline Anthracite Trim; Executive Package (Rear View, Lumbar, Nav, Voice, SIRIUS, HiFi Pro) Technology Package (Hi Beam Assist, Lane Departure, Blind Spot Detection, Surround View) BMW Apps (Apps, Smart Pho
Model Year: 2012

I'm on my second winter running Michelin X-Ice snow shoes on all 4 corners. Great setup.

Quick Reply: What's your opinion on Blizzaks snow tires for 528i??