E60 M5 Discussion The almighty M5. Have you seen one today?

I Was Finally Due!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2010, 01:41 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

Took the M out today since the weather was nice. I was driving on the BQE today heading back from my new shop with my partner. Out of no where. *BOOM* We got out of the car and saw flakes of yellow paint all over my rear bumper. A cab hit me. The yellow flakes came right off and I saw a hairline crack on the lower part of the bumper. I also saw a C shaped ding and a couple dings and scuffs. Taxi driver came out and kept on saying sorry. Bumper definitely needs to be repainted. He told me not to go through insurance and cops since he might lose his job. I said either 911 or $400. He took out some money and all he had was $100. I didn't believe it and said I am calling 911. I took my phone out and he begged me not to call since he needs his job. He said all he has is $100 from today. My partner told me to take it and go. I was a little confused at first. Looked at the guy with a sigh, took his $100 and left. Then my partner told me that he almost cried. I looked at my rearview and he did look like he almost cried. I felt really bad and VERY upset at the same time. Now I felt like I almost robbed a cab driver of $100. But he did phuck up my bumper. I'll probably paint it summer time with my own shop. Or maybe leave it and paint the whole car when I get a house. The scuffs can be buffed out. It's not that bad. Cant capture it on pictures.
Old 11-23-2010, 01:45 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Man that sucks, sorry to hear John.

To be honest, I am not sure what I would have done in your place
Old 11-23-2010, 01:46 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 545I and a half dozen other rides

Sorry to hear that.

Good to know it was very minor though.
Old 11-23-2010, 02:10 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 528i, Space Grey, Nav, PDC, Premium, Sports, Grey Leather, Xenon, Cornering...

Well, I think you did the right thing. Accidents are just that... accidents. Yes they suck but you would not have lost your job if you hit him you know... I think you did the right thing. Sometimes the right things means sacrifice bro! Kudos!
Old 11-23-2010, 02:11 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
Man that sucks, sorry to hear John.

To be honest, I am not sure what I would have done in your place
U probably would've done the same. But man, I am so upset I just wanna sleep. It's not the end of the world tho. A bumper can be painted.

Originally Posted by healthservices
Sorry to hear that.

Good to know it was very minor though.
Yeah. It's minor. Shouldnt be too noticable.
Old 11-23-2010, 02:12 PM
Contributors

Damn that sucks John.

Same thing happened to me. Got rear ended by a POS Lexus ES in traffic. Kid was 19 years old. He didn't want to go through insurance. So I robbed him for $180. Didn't care too much. It was my company van. Would've been a different story if it were my E60.
Old 11-23-2010, 02:20 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: m54

I feel bad for the guy just reading this story, you did the right thing cause just think what his life wouldve been like had he lost his job... though same time I'd be pissed too, sorry to hear man
Old 11-23-2010, 03:03 PM
Contributors

I think you did the right thing as a person. kudos to you John, seriously.

Granted it will cost more than $100 to paint the bumper, but I think at this point you are the bigger person by letting him slide. Considering this forum consists of people who can afford fairly expensive cars and spend a good amount on other things too, the reality is there are tons of people struggling to just put food on their tables.

On the bright side, you won't have this incident recorded on the car's VIN.
Old 11-23-2010, 03:03 PM
Contributors

Damn sorry to hear that John. I got rear ended twice in my 530. Seems like the e60 had a thing for being rear ended. All minor so i let it go. You did the right thing its not worth it to go through the headache
Old 11-23-2010, 03:24 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by DKNewYork
Damn that sucks John.

Same thing happened to me. Got rear ended by a POS Lexus ES in traffic. Kid was 19 years old. He didn't want to go through insurance. So I robbed him for $180. Didn't care too much. It was my company van. Would've been a different story if it were my E60.
Watch what you call a POS .

Quick Reply: I Was Finally Due!!!