E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Multi-colored Orions for E60!

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2010, 10:32 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

I told Kevin (black dove) that I would add to his thread after he post one up tomorrow after work, but man, I am just excited for him that I am just going to put up ONE teaser pic. We have a good amount of pics, and several short clips to showcase the multi-colored Orions, but will put them up after Kevin either adds to this thread or start a new one.

Man! Umnitza did not document this one particular feature in their description, which when we discovered it, we thought it was uber cool. I mean, most of you guys know that I am a lighting maniac already, so I am not exaggerating when I say I it's pretty bomb, lol. I have a clip to illustrate this exclamation mark which I will share tomorrow.

Anyway, something to note. Kevin's angel eyes actually has a really cool effect (besides the multi-color) that unique to his car and we thought it looked pretty awesome. Perhaps you guys can tell from this pic. If not, I will have to try and get the better picture that's on Jorge's camera tomorrow.

Enjoy the teaser pic!

P.S. Joebagg, I know you've been wanting these, not sure if you got it all sorted out yet, but perhaps Kevin beat you to be the first E60 with multi-colored Orions in the US
Attached Thumbnails Multi-colored Orions for E60!-img_0850.jpg  
Old 08-23-2010, 12:32 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 545i - GONE

wow, that looks awesome. good work.

is that street legal in California?
Old 08-23-2010, 01:18 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i Alpine White Premium package, Sport package, Nav, HUD, PDC

Hmmm, I don't seem to see the "really cool effect" other than the multi-color AE and eyebrow mod. Is that the stock rings I see behind the Orions? Is that what you were referring to? I'm so intrigued, what is it?????!!
Old 08-23-2010, 06:44 AM
lim
Senior Members

My Ride: e60

wow can you program it to show different colors?
Old 08-23-2010, 07:46 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

Damn I wish I would have waited to do these.
Old 08-23-2010, 07:51 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by ck-e60
wow, that looks awesome. good work.

is that street legal in California?
Red? Most definitely not. But it's really cool since it can be changed on the fly. And to be honest, I never thought red looked good at all until I saw it in person. In person, it's ridiculously menacing.

Originally Posted by Kaizen
Hmmm, I don't seem to see the "really cool effect" other than the multi-color AE and eyebrow mod. Is that the stock rings I see behind the Orions? Is that what you were referring to? I'm so intrigued, what is it?????!!
Yes! That is correct! Usually we remove the stock rings as the Orions are full replacement, but after conferring with Kevin, he wanted to leave them in there and hence a new type of angel eye is born, lol. It's like angel eyes squared! I am going to have to get the better pic from my friend's camera.

Originally Posted by lim
wow can you program it to show different colors?
Currently, it's pre-programmed to do a good number of colors. My understanding is that there is future upgrade-path for these. But will have to wait until Umnitza confirms and chime in. For what we can figure out, we believe that the switching module is what controls the colors and that can be swapped out.
Old 08-23-2010, 08:05 AM
Contributors

My Ride: '04 545i '02 SC430 '04 RX330

wow, that looks sweet! dang teasers... come on, show us the uber cool feature already
Old 08-23-2010, 08:25 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 528i, Space Grey, Nav, PDC, Premium, Sports, Grey Leather, Xenon, Cornering...

Old 08-23-2010, 08:48 AM
Contributors

Working on uploading the vids to youtube right now.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:58 AM
Contributors

Looks good. I thought about these. But I want multi color eyebrows to match.

I've seen some LED strip in a lighting store that changes colors. Haven't looked into it. But it would be hot to have multi color AE and matching eyebrows.

Quick Reply: Multi-colored Orions for E60!