Site Comments & Suggestions Have questions, comments or suggestions about this site or how to improve it? We value your feedback!

What happened to 5 Series Forums?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 08:43 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

Originally Posted by pjinca
Just my opinion, but all these complaints about the lack of quality and about the newer members on this forum is really silly. Before you start asking "What happened to the 5 series forum?" ask yourself, what quality posts have YOU provided. There are many "old time" members here that still contribute quality (Swajames, EuroCarFan, Anzafin to name just 3 that come to mind), while others who contribute next to nothing somehow feel the forum has gone to crap. As with anything else in life, look at yourself before pointing the finger, responsibility starts at home.
Thats sooo funny u say that J cuz i was thinking the exact same thing. Ridiculous how people bitch and moan, or have .02$ to throw in and they havent contributed shit in forrreverrr.
Old 03-21-2011, 12:59 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2009 Alpine White e92 M3

I'm back!!! Let's talk!
Old 03-21-2011, 01:05 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by radzM
I'm back!!! Let's talk!
Cool, welcome back Rich, it's about dang time!!!
Old 03-21-2011, 03:16 PM
Contributors

My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

Originally Posted by radzM
I'm back!!! Let's talk!
u still rockin the yellow tint on the headlights?
Old 03-21-2011, 04:08 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan
A blast from the past. Where have you been and what car are you driving now?
What's up man....long time. I'm driving a stock 4 door like always ha
Old 03-21-2011, 04:27 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Originally Posted by heezy545i
What's up man....long time. I'm driving a stock 4 door like always ha
What about the Nismo 350Z? Still got that? You should come up here for the meet I'm doing in April. Joe's coming.
Old 03-22-2011, 08:19 AM
Contributors

I wish. Never really miss things until they're gone I guess. The e90 is great, but something a little smaller and more agile to complement it in the future would be nice.

I'll try to come up if I'm free.
Old 03-26-2011, 01:26 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by pjinca
Just my opinion, but all these complaints about the lack of quality and about the newer members on this forum is really silly. Before you start asking "What happened to the 5 series forum?" ask yourself, what quality posts have YOU provided. There are many "old time" members here that still contribute quality (Swajames, EuroCarFan, Anzafin to name just 3 that come to mind), while others who contribute next to nothing somehow feel the forum has gone to crap. As with anything else in life, look at yourself before pointing the finger, responsibility starts at home.

Sounds like you hit the nail on the head with this comment John. I do admit I've complained before about the "quality" of posts on this forum and skelevirus was "kind" enough to call me out on my "profound" posts mainly about wheels and nothing more. Instead of lashing back at him, I reflected a bit on the comment and realized there was SOME truth to his comment. Though the QUANTITY of my posts have not increased, I have attempted to provide more QUALITY posts, and if I have nothing good or worthwhile to say, I keep it to myself. Ultimately, the point is, I think before I write (or at least I try). It seems a number of new members don't bother to do things like read forum rules, or learn to use the search function before blindly posting the first thing that comes to mind. It's even more frustrating to see when people post repeated questions, yet they don't take the time to even post it in the right forum.

Your comment.."look at yourself before pointing the finger" is something EVERYONE should reflect on.

p.s. I see older members posting nonsense too without being called out so no one is innocent!!!
Old 03-28-2011, 07:07 AM
Contributors

i think the biggest problem we have with the f10 is that there are fewer problems then we had in the early days of the e60. The f10 is relatively well built considering the amount of electronics the cars have today. As a result there is not much help needed. And the crowd to pimp the cars is not there either because 1) it is too new (and still too expensive) to be available to the mass crowd and 2) there are not enough after market parts available for teh f10..

Just think back to the e60.net days; remember how threads we spent on whether the m5 wheels will fit the e60... Those were real problems then
Old 03-28-2011, 05:03 PM
Members

need post count to increase. bump

Quick Reply: What happened to 5 Series Forums?