Site Comments & Suggestions Have questions, comments or suggestions about this site or how to improve it? We value your feedback!

Welcome to vBulletin (the new forum software). Learn about some new features here!

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 05:47 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018
Default Welcome to vBulletin (the new forum software). Learn about some new features here!

Welcome to vBulletin! We are all very excited about the new board software and want to get you all familiar with it as quickly as possible.

Some of you asked us how moving to this new board software would affect you so we wanted to start things off by communicating a few feature additions that were made to the community and also share some instructions on how to access and link to these new features.

First, there are three new "Tools" that give our members the ability to look up some powerful information quickly and easily. Each of these tools is described and linked to below and, in addition to the dedicated links give, they can all be easily accessed at the top of every page in the new "Nav Bar" under the "Tools" heading.

VIN Decoder
We're proud to announce a new feature which allows members to decode their VIN! Along with MSRP and invoice price, the VIN Decoder can be used to see engine and powertrain stats, options by body style, paint colors and codes, and detailed technical specs. You can also easily share that information to Social Media sites like Facebook and Twitter, or even click through to purchase a CarFax report for the vehicle.

The VIN decoder will appear as a hyperlink anytime a member posts a VIN to enable more accurate info when referencing VINs in sales threads or general conversation. We think the VIN Decoder will be a fun and useful tool for the community, so check it out : VIN Decoder - 5Series.net - Forums

Tires/Rims & Offsets
We're excited to bring you a new tool, that will hopefully make the custom wheel ordering process a lot easier for each of you! We've cobbled together a calculator that will help you determine, in advance, if those blinging new dubs will fit inside your fenders! If you're in the market for new rims, or if you'd just like to check it out, visit this link today: Tire and Rim Calculator

TSBs and Recalls
We're excited to announce that members now have access to another fantastic resource. Through our partnership with AllData, community members can now explore any technical service bulletins or recalls affecting their vehicles. AllData provides a description of the problem, the date it was issued, and details on the solution. Just go to the "TSB & Recalls" link in the nav bar and use the drop downs to get details on all the alerts issued for your vehicle. Or check it out directly here: TSB's and Recalls

And it gets better! 5Series members will also get a discount if they're interested in receiving full access to all the service bulletins and integrated repair info used by the pros. Head over to AllData to check out the great packages they offer for tuners and DIY mechanics.

In addition to these great new tools, we wanted to highlight a few key things that you may want to play around with right away. How to use the Garage, how to upload a photo, and how to use the UserCP (user control panel).

VB Garage Instructions:
1. Click the Garage Link in the navbar
2. You can then Browse Garage to view existing user vehicles or click "Add a New Vehicle"
3. Fill out the information on the Vehicle page and click "save" to add a new car to your garage [3]

How to upload a photo:
1. Click on Photos on the top nav bar
2. Click the icon that says Add Album on the left side above the thread
3. Title the album and write a description, press “submit”
4. Click “Upload Pictures”

UserCP:
User CP > Edit Options in vB
User CP > Edit Your Details Page in vB
Click here for UserCP

There are some other new features that we encourage each of you to explore and, as always, please post any comments you may have...

Last edited by Rudy; 10-02-2012 at 09:01 AM.
Old 10-02-2012, 05:49 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 02/2006 525i Titanium Silver Metallic Manual 6-Speed

Thanks Rudy and all you guys for all your hard work on the forums!!
Old 10-02-2012, 06:28 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Will we be able to use mobile software to pull up the forums now? i.e. tapatalk, and forum runner?
Old 10-02-2012, 06:30 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by atlninerfan
Will we be able to use mobile software to pull up the forums now? i.e. tapatalk, and forum runner?
https://5series.net/forums/site-comm...0/#post1471859
Old 10-02-2012, 08:35 AM
Administrator

Received 96 Likes on 92 Posts
My Ride: 530xi
Model Year: 2007
Engine: N52

Originally Posted by Rudy
[B]
TSBs and Recalls
We're excited to announce that members now have access to another fantastic resource. Through our partnership with AllData, community members can now explore any technical service bulletins or recalls affecting their vehicles. AllData provides a description of the problem, the date it was issued, and details on the solution. Just go to the "TSB & Recalls" link in the nav bar and use the drop downs to get details on all the alerts issued for your vehicle. Or check it out directly here: https://5series.net/forums/alldata.php?default
Get "Requested Page Not Found"

Last edited by Gene; 10-02-2012 at 08:42 AM.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:42 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by jayarras
Get "Requested Page Not Found"
did you try the initial instructions about using the drop down "Tools" menu?

either way, original post and link fixed...
Old 10-02-2012, 11:09 AM
Administrator

Received 96 Likes on 92 Posts
My Ride: 530xi
Model Year: 2007
Engine: N52

Originally Posted by Gene
did you try the initial instructions about using the drop down "Tools" menu?
Ahhh, no I didn't. Thanks Gene!