Site Comments & Suggestions Have questions, comments or suggestions about this site or how to improve it? We value your feedback!

Site & Forums Acquired by Internet Brands

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 01:49 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan
As for the "greatness" of this forum, like someone else said earlier, the dynamics and culture are mainly a result of how we as members interact so it's up to us how things will continue on.
That's a fantastic point...the members make this forum great. Ads or no ads, we need to just keep doing what we're doing since it's been quite successful.

Our members are also a fairly loyal bunch who, I imagine, will support vendors who support this site. That said, if a vendor that supports this site does something bad to a member or members here, it'll likely be the end of that vendor!

Thanks Bob for jumping in and adding some clarity for us!
Old 10-07-2010, 04:35 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 530i

Originally Posted by Rudy
That's a fantastic point...the members make this forum great. Ads or no ads, we need to just keep doing what we're doing since it's been quite successful.

Our members are also a fairly loyal bunch who, I imagine, will support vendors who support this site. That said, if a vendor that supports this site does something bad to a member or members here, it'll likely be the end of that vendor!

Thanks Bob for jumping in and adding some clarity for us!
As a newer member of this site I have to say that the information and the quality of the members on this site is top notch. I have learned so much about my car and what can be done to improve it. If we are to have additional vendors it would in fact give us more options ..... what BMW driver doesn't like options?! Good luck with the transition!!

Just an idea/suggestion... what if we had a ranking/voting section designed to give respect to certain members and the hard work they put into their vehicles. For example, members enter in to be ranked/voted if they feel their ride is worthy, then members vote the best looking/sounding/modded/performing rides. Just a thought, could be fun.

thanks i gotta go get my snow tires
Old 10-07-2010, 04:57 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

In this software there is a feature to vote for members.
You can give each member a rating up to five stars on the profile.
I don't think this software can do much more right now.
Old 10-07-2010, 05:06 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i

gotcha - as i was sending it it ran through my head it probably exists! hahahha well thanks for the heads up
Old 10-13-2010, 05:31 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

I'd been off riding the ToD (not very well - but that is another story) for a week and just checked in to see this. This board had been the model for me in setting up another BMW board. I always felt Mark and Dave had the right stuff and this was always my favorite after myseveral years and I wondered how long it would take for it to grow past the "hobby" stage for one or two people to handle. As has already been stated very well by another enthusiest member, its the people, in this case, members, moderators and adminstrators, that make this forum. So while I do see a shift to some commercial efforts ahead in our future, if we all keep a level head and keep focus on helping others and enjoying our chosen brand of automotive enjoyment this should still be the place it always has been and maybe even more.

Good luck to to IB and their reps here, Robb M and speedlimit, our Admins, Mark and Dave and Moderators, Rudy and Iceman. I'll still be here and support as best I can.
Old 10-13-2010, 08:27 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Thanks for your support Dave...

Now, how about starting a new thread with your ToD story?
Old 11-04-2010, 04:44 PM
Senior Members

Welcome aboard guys! One change like everyone else has been saying is to do a whole new reconstruction of the Vendors section. Make it more Vendor - Forum member friendly. Adding one category just for vendors with their own sub-categories if possible. That way we don't have to go searching around for products that vendors has posted before all over the forum area. I believe that will also be beneficial to the vendors as well. Just throwing that out there
Old 12-06-2010, 01:10 PM
Contributors

Awesome!!!