Site Comments & Suggestions Have questions, comments or suggestions about this site or how to improve it? We value your feedback!

search's

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2010, 03:20 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: I have a 2007 Black Sapphire BMW 530i with SMG. It has the auburn interior, has PDC, Sports Package, Premium Package, rear automatic sunshades with manual side sunshades, 35% black tint, Upgraded angeleyes from Angelibrights, and Logic 7 Sound System
Model Year: 2007

so i did a quick search on the forum for the word "battery" and 3 pages of past showed up with the dates in reference to only the beginning of november 2010. I tried to modify the search by going into advance search and changing the dates and it found no entries. Am I doing something wrong? I just want information about battery replacement that is non OEM and I remember reading in the past about it on these forums. I just didnt want to post in the regular forums and have people thing i dont know how to use the search function lol. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
Old 11-29-2010, 03:55 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

With the advanced search tool:

In the 'Search Sections" option: was "forums" selected? or "Help Files", "Members", "Calendar", or "Gallery"
Old 11-29-2010, 04:24 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: I have a 2007 Black Sapphire BMW 530i with SMG. It has the auburn interior, has PDC, Sports Package, Premium Package, rear automatic sunshades with manual side sunshades, 35% black tint, Upgraded angeleyes from Angelibrights, and Logic 7 Sound System
Model Year: 2007

okay so I forgot to click the forums tab lol...I went back and did a search again and the same thing happened. I only get search results from the past month which consist of 3 pages. I cant seem to access any older information/posts.
Old 11-29-2010, 05:02 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

I just tried it and have the same probelm.
Even when setting the date back to Jnuary 1, 2004 I only get 69 topics on 3 pages.
Seems that little filter on the bottom, what we have for the forums, is missing on the search function.

I'm getting Mark to look into this, he's the expert for this software.
Old 11-30-2010, 07:43 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: BMW

I get the same results too but if you click on Last Updated by and change the sort option to Ascending you get 5 pages with 103 results, the oldest from RichReg on Aug 12 2003 02:41 PM. I checked and have no idea why it's not displaying everything on the normal Descending search sort option. Hmmmmm.....
Old 11-30-2010, 09:11 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

On the forums we have the filter on the bottom for displaying options. On the search this is missing...
If that filter would be available for the search function the problem would be solved...
Old 12-02-2010, 05:16 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: BMW

Unfortunately there is no option for that. I re-checked now and there are actually very few search options. The only one which gave us problems before is still set properly. That's this one "Limit "Posts/Topics by this user" results to X days" which we set to 5000 days. I resaved the settings incase something in the software got out of whack but doubt it will help.