Site Comments & Suggestions Have questions, comments or suggestions about this site or how to improve it? We value your feedback!

My Performance thread I created was removed

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2006, 05:01 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by Iceman' post='360301' date='Nov 24 2006, 05:34 PM
OK... again...

The polls you have posted in the main forum had nothing to do with the E60, they had to do with the forum/website itself. Therefore, they belong to this foum here.
But they also belong here, because the polls were only made to SUGGEST the creation of a new forum. Now is this a website suggestion or not? You are making a poll only to suggest the creation of the new forum. It has nothing to do with the E60 itself. It clearly is something for this forum, not for the main forum.

Now, back to the day I was announced a moderator. The following message was publicly posted:
Providing helpful infos, I try every day.
Clear forums from Spam and inform admins... If you'd know the number of Spam I ahve deleted and the number of users Mark afterwards had to ban, oh boy... You'd know I am doing my job.
Conflicts are not easy to calm down when people (like you are currently trying to) fight the moderator himself. I have tried to explain, and explain, and explain......... What else can I do? Ignore it? Delete the threads? You are trying to insult me and you are only offending right now. I don't know how to calm this down. I did in other cases calm other people down succesfully and managed to stop debates that could have become ugly. I never closed a topic, I only deleted posts when I was asked to do so by the poster or if they were obvious accidental double/triple posts.
I do monitor all forums, read every single thread. A lot of time I have to spend here, I can tell you. And now we come to the moving... We exchanged PM's and we still do, almost on a daily basis. Mostly about spammers to be banned. But sometimes about other stuff. In the beginning I got PM's in which clear words were given. Mark was hoping that by moving the posts on a daily basis people would start to post in the right forum when they see where the threads are beeing moved to. And as stated in the above (official/public) announcement, the moving is primarily a concern for moving threads from the main forum to somewhere else. The term "appropriate forum" is used. And in the case that caused all this trouble even Mark siad that teh moving decission was right.
Abusive users... Yep, I do keep track. I even search other forums around the web if there is someone that might be a trouble maker or when there is something wrong.
And the last position, well... there's not much to say. We do have some stuff here that should be deleted by our sign-up agreement everybody is agreeing to at the registration. But we let the most of it slide. We don't want to have an admin/mod forum. It is a community. But as in all communities, not just in the www. there are some things that need to be regulated. We/I don't want to interfere. And until this one thread was moved, it didn't seem to be a problem. But the creator of the thread in question was mad about it, and others just joined in... and now we have this discussions that keep me away from doing the job correctly, make you guys even more angry about me, and it doesn't help us at all.

Mark will probably create the forum you guys want, just so that everyone is quiet and continues.

I said it a couple times. I only gave mny opinion, I don't create forums, I don't delete forums. This is an admin job.

If I am not allowed to post my personal opinion just because I am a moderator, then our community has much bigger problems than you think.

All the best,

Andre "Iceman"
Thanks for the long explanation Ice. I know your heart is in the right place. But, I sometimes just can't agree with your interpretations of where things belong--especially my second poll, for example. I honestly think sometimes that you are trying to do too good of a job--and doing so gets some of us cross ways with you. How about trying to go a bit more with the flow of where posters want their topics to be--trying to err on the side of the topic starter and not on the side of classification perfection as you see it?

Best, Don
Old 11-24-2006, 05:34 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by Znod' post='360317' date='Nov 25 2006, 03:01 AM
But, I sometimes just can't agree with your interpretations of where things belong--especially my second poll, for example.
I am not interpreting things.
When I need to start to interprete then I walk away and leave everything untouched or ask Mark.
I only move things where it is obvious. And sorry, this is obvious to me.

However, 3:30 am now, need to be on the road with my tow truck at 6 am... Going to bed now.

Good night.
Old 11-24-2006, 05:38 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by Iceman' post='360325' date='Nov 24 2006, 06:34 PM
I am not interpreting things.
When I need to start to interprete then I walk away and leave everything untouched or ask Mark.
I only move things where it is obvious. And sorry, this is obvious to me.
However, 3:30 am now, need to be on the road with my tow truck at 6 am... Going to bed now.

Good night.
Sleep tight.
Old 11-24-2006, 05:58 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by Iceman' post='360315' date='Nov 25 2006, 09:57 AM
Unfortunately not.

There are still people that simply post in the main forum because it gets more attention, what isn't true by the way. The Parts & Mods forum gets just as much attention as the main forum.

There are so many posts, not made by newbies, about parts, accessories, mods, BT, cellphones, etc. in the main forum, it is very obvious that some people refuse to post in the correct forum and use the main forum.
And there are lots of people that don't like it this way.

I myself wouldn't even have a problem if we only have the main forum and post everything in there.

And the more forums we create, the bigger the trouble gets, since people think the othere forums, because there are so many of them, don't get enough attention. So I am no fan of creating new forums (in general).
O come on 95% of people don`t know how to use a computer so how do you expet they use this forum.
Old 11-24-2006, 07:48 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Gone: 2004 525i Jet Black, Built 03/04, Premium Package, Black Dakota Leather, Halogen to Euro Spec Bi-Xenons Retrofit, Dark Poplar Wood Trim, Steptronic Breyton Spirit Reps 20x9F 20x10R - Nitto NT555 245/35/20F-275/30/20R, M5 Front Bumper, H&R Sport Springs, Chrome Grills, 20% Tint, Euro Reflectors, Debadged, Aux Input, CIP v19.x

You know what will happen now....an admin will come in and close this topic and this issue will remain unresolved. :\ That's the reason we are in this situation in the first place.
Old 11-24-2006, 07:52 PM
Contributors

I hope not. Here is my best shot to date at getting this all resolved. I hope the administration will help us out here.
Old 11-25-2006, 04:27 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Busta' post='360359' date='Nov 25 2006, 12:48 PM
You know what will happen now....an admin will come in and close this topic and this issue will remain unresolved. :\ That's the reason we are in this situation in the first place.
I hope he dose it getting abit out of hands now.
Old 11-25-2006, 07:06 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by pinguhk' post='360415' date='Nov 25 2006, 06:27 AM
I hope he dose it getting abit out of hands now.
Actually, I think is more in hand now. At least I think the issues and what people want, and how theses wants might be satisfied, now are clear. And, as they say in the political world, the mending has begun.
Old 11-25-2006, 07:15 AM
Contributors

right on hope itis carm down abit now
Old 11-25-2006, 10:31 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by Busta' post='360359' date='Nov 25 2006, 05:48 AM

The threads that might cause a deletion are targeting me. And since I am not reporting them and still discuss with you guys... I think it will stay open and will not get deleted.

Mark would have deleted it allready if he felt that this is out of control.

Quick Reply: My Performance thread I created was removed