Site Comments & Suggestions Have questions, comments or suggestions about this site or how to improve it? We value your feedback!

Mobile forum

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 12:57 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rudy
What BB are you using? What OS version? (I'm no BB expert but if you're version is similar to what I have, I should be able to help...)
got the verizon world edition BB from about 1 1/2years ago, its my work crackberry...unfortunately i've looked everywhere in the options menu while on a page and the only option I see that I have access to update is the emulation field and have changed it to IE from BB with no success. In the global options menu, then under advanced settings I do not have any ability to change browser from BB to anything else, so perhaps my co has locked it up...the end result is that the site really, really looks bad and is not useful to me, which will unfortunately severly limit the amount of time around here as my commute is much of the time spent browsing

....but on a desktop the new site looks nice, just wish it wasnt so complicated, every other forum website allows my BB to view it the exact same way as on a desktop.... except in our beloved 5series forum world (though for some reason as im writing this at my desktop, i cannot access the emoticons!)

any ideas out there?
Old 01-28-2010, 01:08 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by m630
got the verizon world edition BB from about 1 1/2years ago, its my work crackberry...unfortunately i've looked everywhere in the options menu while on a page and the only option I see that I have access to update is the emulation field and have changed it to IE from BB with no success. In the global options menu, then under advanced settings I do not have any ability to change browser from BB to anything else, so perhaps my co has locked it up...the end result is that the site really, really looks bad and is not useful to me, which will unfortunately severly limit the amount of time around here as my commute is much of the time spent browsing

....but on a desktop the new site looks nice, just wish it wasnt so complicated, every other forum website allows my BB to view it the exact same way as on a desktop.... except in our beloved 5series forum world (though for some reason as im writing this at my desktop, i cannot access the emoticons!)

any ideas out there?
Again, be patient. Once the databases rebuild, I think Lomag is planning on turning off the lo-fi default for mobile browsers...
Old 01-28-2010, 01:29 PM
Contributors

Thanks Rudy
Old 01-28-2010, 01:47 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Rudy
Again, be patient. Once the databases rebuild, I think Lomag is planning on turning off the lo-fi default for mobile browsers...
Nice!!!!!
Old 01-29-2010, 01:41 PM
Contributors

Hmmmm, things seem to be gettin a bit better, text is now graphical on the mobile, if only there was a banner!
Old 01-31-2010, 07:59 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

while on my BB browser (first time since the forum upgrade) noticed something, the drop down menu under our member name (My profile, My settings, My Messages, etc.) is stuck at being viewed/dropped down....when using Firefox config, this blocks the View New content tab, unable to click it.....when in IE config, the menu is still stuck and the View New Content tab is almost at the middle of the page )same line)
Old 02-07-2010, 07:24 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2013 535i xDrive AW/Black M-kit

cant use pm feature on my blackberry. the message window dosent pop up