Site Comments & Suggestions Have questions, comments or suggestions about this site or how to improve it? We value your feedback!

Mobile forum

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 08:25 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First off let me just say that the new forum layout looks absolutely fantastic. It might take some time getting used to, but so far so good. If I could make just one suggestion, it would be that the mobile site and original site have the exact same layout and functions as it did before. I believe there were a few comments before by fellow members but I thought that it was important enough to post a new thread.

When we had the previous format, the online and mobile sites were identical. Since we have changed over to the new style I have noticed that the mobile site does not have the functions ad before, such as 'view new posts'. If both the online and mobile sites were identical it would greatly improve the new program. Thanks guys!

David
Old 01-26-2010, 08:33 PM
Contributors

what do you guys think?
Old 01-26-2010, 08:45 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by dbae1978
what do you guys think?
The new site has functions, such as the view new content feature, that do not display on my Blackberry Bold. By contrast, the site is 100 percent functional on my Motorola Droid. If I just had the Blackberry, I'd be pretty much SOL.
Old 01-26-2010, 08:53 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by sdg1871
The new site has functions, such as the view new content feature, that do not display on my Blackberry Bold. By contrast, the site is 100 percent functional on my Motorola Droid. If I just had the Blackberry, I'd be pretty much SOL.
I can't speak for the other phones but on the BlackBerry, you can configure the browser identity so that when you go to a particular web site, you can tell the BB to "fool" the site you're going to by reporting that it's a browser running IE or FireFox instead of a BlackBerry. You can even store this setting individually under each bookmark so, in other words, for 5series.net, you can tell the BB to act like IE so you'll see everything the way it displays on a computer running IE.

Try it...it's just another thing about the BB that reminds me why I love it so much.
Old 01-26-2010, 09:01 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by sdg1871

Originally Posted by Rudy
I can't speak for the other phones but on the BlackBerry, you can configure the browser identity so that when you go to a particular web site, you can tell the BB to "fool" the site you're going to by reporting that it's a browser running IE or FireFox instead of a BlackBerry. You can even store this setting individually under each bookmark so, in other words, for 5series.net, you can tell the BB to act like IE so you'll see everything the way it displays on a computer running IE.

Try it...it's just another thing about the BB that reminds me why I love it so much.

so you the droid and the BBs have the full functions of the original website? my iPhone only shows a limited version of the new progamming.
I will definitely try changing the browser settings on my iphone. thanks guys Rudy, i hope this works. I will let you know if it doesn't
Old 01-26-2010, 09:05 PM
Contributors

ummm.... unless i'm drunk, which i am, the iphone doesn't allow changes in the browser settings. all websites have always displayed as the original website. does anybody know how to change the iphone settings?
Old 01-26-2010, 09:13 PM
Super Moderator

I suspect the iPhone's browser identity can't be changed -- in my opinion, Apple doesn't think it's customers are knowledgeable enough to be armed with such a choice. It would only confuse the masses and cause panic at the genius bar!

Kidding aside, that's really why I still swear by the BB -- it's so damn configurable that it'll make you either really happy or really crazy! (I don't know if the Droid is configurable but I suspect it's probably closer to the BB than it is the to iPhone...)
Old 01-26-2010, 10:55 PM
Contributors

I wonder why my iPhone browser displayed all the original settings but now have changed with the new format.
Old 01-27-2010, 05:30 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by dbae1978
I wonder why my iPhone browser displayed all the original settings but now have changed with the new format.
Because the new version automatically detects a mobile browser and defaults to the "lo-fi" version. (The old software had a lo-fi version but it wasn't automatically delivered to the device, you had to choose it if you wanted to use it.)
Old 01-27-2010, 06:29 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: BMW

Hmmm I wonder if search can be enabled in the lofi version

I didn't see any option for that but have to take a deeper look as I'm still getting used to everything myself. First and foremost I'm waiting for the complete rebuild of all posts to complete and rebuild of all PMs to complete. Once that's done things should be much more speedier.

Quick Reply: Mobile forum