Site Comments & Suggestions Have questions, comments or suggestions about this site or how to improve it? We value your feedback!

Hello RF converts!

Old 05-22-2004, 06:13 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Just wanted to be the first to welcome any and all converts from another unmoderated E60 forum that's lately gone straight to hell.

There is a movement there to get people to come over here and actually contribute valuable information to this community. Let's hope they actually come over -- this forum can be the leading E60 forum on the globe.

Das, hopefully you'll be able to handle any trolls that want to follow the others. The main reason everyone's sick of the other place is that there is simply no moderation and there are a handful of posters who are turning to personal attacks, etc.

I prefer this type of forum software as well. To me, it's way more efficient to browse and sort out the meaningful information.

Thank you Das for this great forum and again, welcome to the newcomers!
Old 05-22-2004, 06:39 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree totally, have learnt loads and hopefully added a little of my info.

RF has occasionally had something new but trying to find it is why I've never felt the need to contribute to it.

Wee done das and keep up the high standard already achieved
Old 05-22-2004, 06:51 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks Doc. My only problem now is I get dizzy looking at your posts!
Old 05-22-2004, 08:12 PM
rem
Members

well Rudy, your last post made me literally laugh out loud. How many miles on your 545? Have you seen the increased emissions warning (yet)? As you might have seen on the other board, mine is in for the emissions warning and bmw assist not working. I hope to have it back on Monday but they gave me a very nice e60 525 to drive in the meantime. This is a good board and I will probably come here (instead of there) to post info and learn stuff. Interesting thing about this board is that it's an individual venture and does not appear to be supported by advertising. Gotta wonder how long that will last.
Old 05-22-2004, 08:28 PM
Super Moderator

rem, thanks for making the switch. I have around 2000 miles now and no emissions warnings yet. My biggest complaint is with the version 11 software and the CPT9000 (v60i). The other software bugs I can live with until version 12 comes in June (hopefully).

Sure, I'd love to get Sirius with my nav, bluetooth, etc. but they're not deal breakers for me. The car drives so freaking incredibly that all that stuff is secondary to me.

It's true that this board isn't supported by advertisers but I'd have no problem if it felt the need to display some ads. Alternatively, if it grew to the point where I felt like it was worth donating some cash to Das to keep it running, I wouldn't hesitate to do so.

See you around!
Old 05-22-2004, 09:24 PM
JDN
Contributors

Hi, Rudy. I have trekked with you, following your lead for a bit. I have been billed by RoadFly $29 for naught a month ago today. Got no response from charlie@roadfly.com to my query of what-the-hay! So far, this format is truly better, and the first Xenon light post I read was informative. Thanks for the lead.

I am going to give it a go. Trolls ruined the RoadFly E60 board, with our help, of course.
Old 05-22-2004, 10:14 PM
Members

I totally agree with you, i hated the RF forum layout. The layout here is superb. Havent seen any trollin on this board since the time i joined.
Old 05-23-2004, 05:31 AM
Super Moderator

Hey JDN and Matrix. Thanks for making the move. You know the person to truly thank is Lomag. He's the one who started the post that we should move. I'd been thinking the same thing for some time so I kind of took the ball and ran with it over there.

Even before the trolls took over, I posted a few complaints on RF that the software simply sucked. Alan's reply was something like "it's better once you tweak a bunch of settings, etc." That was BS. To me, I'd like to see this forum become the "new RF" for E60 owners for the software alone. The absence of trolls just makes it that much better.

Here you have the ability to edit your posts to fix errors, quickly go the the first "unread" message in a thread, quote a post directly in your message, attach photos (easier than the other place), change fonts or make things bold,...(you get the idea). Even the private messaging is nice -- you won't have to give anyone your email address.

It'll be fun to see if the trolls test Das' moderating skills. I'm certain he'll do a better job of shutting them down and forcing them to go elsewhere!
Old 05-23-2004, 08:45 AM
Members

I m with you guys AKA DanB

Good job Das!
Old 05-23-2004, 08:52 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks Dan for making the switch. The more people who do, the less reason we'll ever need to go back to RF.

It's funny, the trolls aren't even bothering to come here because they know they'll be deleted, banned, etc.

Spread the word!

Oh and, thanks again das!

Search this Thread