Site Comments & Suggestions Have questions, comments or suggestions about this site or how to improve it? We value your feedback!

Feedback Required: The E60 Information Network

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2004, 07:22 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
My Ride: BMW

Hello Everyone,

After a couple months we're finally ready to lauch our new E60 Information Network web site. Before we do so i'd like to ask for your feedback in regards to the site that has been created. das has given his seal of approval but I'm looking for feedback here from forum members before we shift the forum over to the new domain.

So without further ado, the new URL will be: http://www.e60.net

We're looking for your feedback in regards to:

Any modifications?
Any additions/deletions?
Any typos? Misinformation to correct?
Does the site look okay on the monitor resolution you're using?
Any other comments?

We're also missing a few pictures in the photo gallery, namely:
525d & 535d engine pictures
Beige leather + titanium interior
Beige leather + anthracite interior
Beige leatherette + titanium interior
Truffle brown leather + titanium interior

If your car matches any of those critera and you can provide some quality 800x600 photos please send me a private message or email.

Please note now that the site is not yet fully complete. For example in the FAQ section I've put links back to forum postings to get more information but the forum posting don't yet exist -- they will soon. The DIY section will eventually be improved too as time goes on and more DIY things become available.

We're waiting for version 2.0 of the boards software. This will be a huge improvement but also allow us to integrate the forums with IP's gallery script so members can create their own photo galleries. Also, I've been thinking to offer free web-based email @e60.net for forum members. As with the gallery, it will be integrated with the forums so the same login/password will work for all the various functions. Do you think offering e-mail with forum registration is a good idea? Would you use it?

The actual forum will inccur some changes aswell. Categories and sub-forum categories will be shifted around and possibly new one's created based on some suggestions I saw in another thread. Everyone here has gotten used to posting in this one sub-forum regardless of the topic. The issue now is, as I said, that everyone posts here in this main sub-forum and the majority of members only check/read this sub-forum and not others. Case in point the E60 M5 and E61 Touring sub-forums have nearly no action but there has been a few posts in regards to them here in the main sub-forum. We're going to try and organize that a little bit more by creating sub-forums and moving some postings around. Eventually members will create new posts in the proper sub-forum whe they see other sub-forums getting some action from members. What do you guys think of these ideas?

Finally, don't expect any sponsor banners or any of that kind of stuff to start appearing on the site or the forums. Although we'll probably create a seperate links page for all that kind of stuff since many people/companies email us for links but you won't be forced to look at that page.

That's all for now folks -- what do you think?
Old 07-26-2004, 07:42 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like it. It looks professional and I can't think of another resource like it.

Spotted a minor typo: L7 has 13 speakers, not 14.

Cheers
Old 07-26-2004, 07:52 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

I like it too.
Looks professional.
Very nice!

About the email function: I think it is a good idea, but - speaking for myself - I have never used the RF email account...

Have not read everything and just found something you might want to add.
FAQ, what does E60 stand for? It doesn't answer the question completely...
E60 stands for: ENTWICKLUNG 60 (development 60) and I would translate this into english as: Evolution60, where the 60 means that this is BMW's 60th evolution (in Models).
Old 07-26-2004, 08:02 AM
Contributors

Very Sleek and easy to use. Good work!!
Old 07-26-2004, 08:51 AM
Contributors

The site looks really good! Well done.

As you are most likely aware some of the information only goes for the American market. For example, the 124 wheels are not standard on the 545 in europe. Overhere, the 545 comes with 116 style wheels.
Also there is another leather available..

Just a thought, but would it be possible, or useful, to categorise threads by subject? Maybe a box that needs to be ticked from set choices when starting a new thread?
Old 07-26-2004, 08:55 AM
Contributors

Come to think of it, it might be interesting to see specifications of the packages offered in various countries. I know Holland offers packages.
And maybe a retrofit section..
Old 07-26-2004, 09:50 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
My Ride: BMW

browellm: Fixed -- thanks!

Iceman: Fixed also -- thanks!

Flowerfred: Yes, since I'm in the USA the site is centered around the way we get our BMW's here. I've tried to point out in the engines section which models are not available here. I've added "... in the United States" to the wheel section. The site is indeed for everyone.

It would be nice to post options sheets and package for all the various countries but this would be hard to maintain.

More comments welcome. Thanks!
Old 07-26-2004, 10:01 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Lomag,

gallery, engines...

On some engines you use the bhp and on others you use the hp.

On the 545i it says 325 hp, what is 325 bhp or 333 hp, isn't it ?

On the M5 it says 507 bhp, but it is 507 hp...?!

It's a little confusing when you use bhp on the one and hp on the other engine. The most people don't even know that there is a difference...
Old 07-26-2004, 10:27 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Iceman' date='Jul 26 2004, 07:01 PM
It's a little confusing when you use bhp on the one and hp on the other engine. The most people don't even know that there is a difference...
Isn't that the reason why Kw is used?
Old 07-26-2004, 10:29 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Looks great, though I seem to be having trouble getting into the forum section, or is that not up and running while you wait for the software upgrade. As for flowerfred's point about the wheel style, the style 116 is the standard 545 wheel here in the U.S also, though most buyers seem to be opting for the sports package which then gets the style 124 wheels. (unless that has changed for 2005 MY).

Quick Reply: Feedback Required: The E60 Information Network