Site Comments & Suggestions Have questions, comments or suggestions about this site or how to improve it? We value your feedback!

Conversion to vBulletins scheduled for today...

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 03:25 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 02/2006 525i Titanium Silver Metallic Manual 6-Speed

Hi, I notice some of us don't have our "friends" list like we used to, but others do. And I see that I'm still on other's lists, so what is the deal?

Also, is there a way to view "my content" as it was called on the old forums? Or is subscribing our only option?

Thanks,
Patrick
Old 10-02-2012, 03:28 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 530ix / E60
Model Year: 2007

Originally Posted by speedlimit
Hi and thank you for the question. From the 'F11 Touring Discussion' view note the 'Display Options' on the lower left of the page. The default for displaying threads is 100 days. Under the 'From the' option select 'Beginning' from the drop down menu. All 48 threads will be displayed. I changed the default to 'Show All Threads'.
Bob..
Thanks Bob – now works perfect
Old 10-02-2012, 03:34 AM
Admin Emeritus

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
My Ride: BMW F13 640i M Sport
Model Year: 2015
Engine: 315-hp 3.0-liter

Originally Posted by pradden
Hi, I notice some of us don't have our "friends" list like we used to, but others do. And I see that I'm still on other's lists, so what is the deal?

Also, is there a way to view "my content" as it was called on the old forums? Or is subscribing our only option?

Thanks,
Patrick
Hi Patrick,

Left click on your screen name and select 'Public Profile'. From the drop down menu select 'Find More Posts by pradden'. You can also follow the link 'View Public Profile' then the 'Statistics' tab. That will also allow you to view all threads started by you. Friends are also viewed from the Public Profile. I hope this helps!

Bob..
Old 10-02-2012, 07:39 AM
IB Staff

Hi as well, Patrick,

I am unsure why your friends list did not cross over the transition with everything else. I will ask our tech guys if there is anything we can do, but I'm unsure that we can recover something so specific to one user or not. I apologize for this. I can definitely look into the old site, and let you know exactly who was on your friends list so that you can re-add them if you'd like. Please let me know.

cheers,
robb
Old 10-02-2012, 10:30 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 02/2006 525i Titanium Silver Metallic Manual 6-Speed

Yeah it is coming up as empty(no friends) but if I go to someone who I know I was friends with and look at their friends, there I am.

I also noticed some other members friends lists are empty as well...
Old 10-02-2012, 02:39 PM
Administrator

Received 99 Likes on 95 Posts
My Ride: 530xi
Engine: N52
Default Strange behavior

I've noticed since you did the upgrade that if I change the computer I access the site with, I have to log in again. The "Save setting" option seems to get forgotten.

Also, tonight I noticed that the back button doesn't work. I have to reselect the Forums tab in order to read a new post. I realize that that's really a browser issue, but it's not occurring on other sites.

Finally, an annoyance of vBulletin is occurring on this forum that never occurred before. If you post more than one thread in a short amount of time, you get a message that "This is a duplicate of a posting you made in the last five minutes." It goes away, but it's an annoyance. I've also seen it on other vBulletin forums.

Add one more... What's this "This forum requires that you wait 60 seconds between postings."? It's a REAL PAIN if you're editing a post you just submitted!

Last edited by JayArras; 10-02-2012 at 03:02 PM.
Old 10-02-2012, 04:01 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
My Ride: BMW F13 640i M Sport
Model Year: 2015
Engine: 315-hp 3.0-liter

Originally Posted by jayarras
I've noticed since you did the upgrade that if I change the computer I access the site with, I have to log in again. The "Save setting" option seems to get forgotten.

Also, tonight I noticed that the back button doesn't work. I have to reselect the Forums tab in order to read a new post. I realize that that's really a browser issue, but it's not occurring on other sites.

Finally, an annoyance of vBulletin is occurring on this forum that never occurred before. If you post more than one thread in a short amount of time, you get a message that "This is a duplicate of a posting you made in the last five minutes." It goes away, but it's an annoyance. I've also seen it on other vBulletin forums.

Add one more... What's this "This forum requires that you wait 60 seconds between postings."? It's a REAL PAIN if you're editing a post you just submitted!

Hi and thank you for the feedback!

Each computer caches cookies separately so having to login on a different device is expected. You should not have to re-login on the same computer if the 'Remember Me' is checked. I'll revise the post flood settings which will reduce the wait time. Finally, what browser are using that blocks the back button? Thanks.

Bob..

Edit: I set the time between posts to 25 seconds.
Old 10-03-2012, 05:50 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any chance we'll change the color scheme to something a bit lighter like the last one? I am not a fan of this.. it's not easy on the eyes.
Old 10-03-2012, 05:56 AM
Administrator

Received 99 Likes on 95 Posts
My Ride: 530xi
Engine: N52

Originally Posted by speedlimit
Hi and thank you for the feedback!

Each computer caches cookies separately so having to login on a different device is expected. You should not have to re-login on the same computer if the 'Remember Me' is checked. I'll revise the post flood settings which will reduce the wait time. Finally, what browser are using that blocks the back button? Thanks.

Bob..

Edit: I set the time between posts to 25 seconds.
Thanks, Bob. I am using Chrome. The login and back button issues went away, now that I am back at work. I'll have to see if they reappear when I go back on my home computer.
Old 10-03-2012, 06:13 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by jayarras
Thanks, Bob. I am using Chrome. The login and back button issues went away, now that I am back at work. I'll have to see if they reappear when I go back on my home computer.
I'm on chrome as well, haven't had any of the issues you are coming across

Quick Reply: Conversion to vBulletins scheduled for today...