Site Comments & Suggestions Have questions, comments or suggestions about this site or how to improve it? We value your feedback!

BMWNA read my post here and called me

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2005, 07:22 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

That link to RoadFly is the type of "generic" message that they use here as well. Click on the link below to see the type of posts that they post here:
http://forums.e60.net/index.php?act=Search...sult_type=posts

Keep in mind that they posted more than just those 17. For a while, guest posting was allowed on this site so there were posts that aren't included since BMW NA Customer Relations didn't register until they were forced to...
Old 12-03-2005, 12:15 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='205931' date='Dec 1 2005, 10:54 PM
I haven't (and won't) go back and read this entire thread but was it discussed that BMW is playing detective in this case because they are proactively trying to learn about a potential issue with an oil leak problem?

My understanding is that there was a post or two here that talked about an oil leak and BMW tracked down the poster(s). If so, I think it's fine that they did that since there is such a potential for a more widespread problem. (I doubt they tracked the poster down without already having a suspicion that there is a larger, more widespread problem out there.) Maybe they're considering a recall or maybe they're trying to learn what the problem is?
In my case, they really did track down my home phone number without any suspicion of a widespread problem with Xenon lights (this was a 2003 X5 - 2 years after launch). This is what I found hard to believe at the time and why I am slightly irritated by it even still. I almost felt like they were doing it just so I wouldn't continue to talk about this & other problems on a public message board.
Old 12-03-2005, 12:52 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by hoopsrob' post='206491' date='Dec 3 2005, 02:01 AM
My professional opinion is that BMW wants to give us great service and may contact us for that. They read the forums to gather insight into their most loyal consumers and they could care less who mods their car. I think the people monitoring this forum are marketing personnel who don't care or deal with warranty issues for the statistically small number of people who may do something that voids their warranty and then gets free service anyhow. In any service business, there always will be people who take advantage of the system to get something for which they are not entitled.

FYI, mods don't automatically void warranties, and, generally, one doesn't get something undeserved if warranty services are performed on a modded car. The only problem with a mod is the potential for warranty services beng denied if a BMW part fails--which is blamed on the mod--even if the mod actually didn't cause the failure. Check out the information on the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act provided above. In general, whole warranties are not voided. As indicated, unless something really drastic has occurred, a mod would only legitimately result in warranty services being denied if the mod caused a BMW part to fail.

[note to Mr/Ms BMWNA marketing person--- feel free to send SWAG to be delivered with my car later this month/early Jan. at the Performance Center---VIN ends in 600----thanks!]
Old 12-03-2005, 02:22 PM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

BMWNA is doing alot of direct phone contact of M5 owners on the Vanos Oil line issue. See here

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthrea...goto=nextoldest

As of last night they were all happy to be tracked down regardless of how BMW got their info.