Site Comments & Suggestions Have questions, comments or suggestions about this site or how to improve it? We value your feedback!

BMW customer relations guy?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2004, 06:26 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

You know that guy who posted a monthly update of sales figures for the E60 (as well as BMW group) over on RF?

Also, I'm not sure if it's the same person but someone at BMW would often post replies to owners who were having problems. They would say something like "please contact us at this 800 number and give reference number..."

It would be nice if someone like das (or maybe all of us?) could contact them and request that they post this type of information here as well. I'm sure if they received enough polite requests, they wouldn't mind popping in here from time to time if they realized we had a strong group of loyal owners actively participating in this forum.

What do you think?
Old 05-28-2004, 06:44 AM
JDN
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like it. What say, das? Us or you?
Old 06-02-2004, 08:52 PM
Super Moderator

I just noticed that the guy I was talking about, Fred Meloan, posted the sales reports over on RF today.

I sent him an email explaining that we have a significant number of E60 owners here that are quite active and enthusiastic about their cars. I also explained that many of us do not consider RF our "first stop" anymore due to the problems with trolls, etc. over there.

I politely asked him to consider posting his information here too and that we'd all be grateful to have him "validate" this forum too.

If anyone else wants to do something similar, his email address is:
CSIhelp@att.net

Hope it works!
Old 06-03-2004, 02:58 AM
JDN
Contributors

Good move, Rudy. I will follow up with this fellow as you suggested. This group should be much better for Mr. Meloan's blood pressure than RoadFly. After an extended RoadFly experience, this forum is a pleasure.
Old 06-03-2004, 10:16 AM
JDN
Contributors

Rudy, what do we want to do? I think we invite Fred to post the sales numbers or the link to his site here since he thinks that would be a happy thing for him to do. It is pretty nice of him since he is not an avowed E60 aficianado. Here is his reply to me:

"One of my retirement hobbies is to publish the monthly BMW sales figures for
the benefit of all BMW enthusiasts. I have owned a '97 E39 540iA and
currently own 2 E34 525iT's so I understand your appreciation of the E60.
However, I am among those who think that Mr. Bangle has ruined the "look" of
our BMWs and I currently do not intend to give BMW my money for an E60.

"Having said that, I am not among the Bangle "bashers" as I have more
important things to do. If you would like me register for your forum and
publish the monthly 5 Series sales figures I would be happy to do so.
Alternatively, I am happy to give you my permission for you to publish the
link to my 5 Series sales figures so that they can appear on your forum.

"Please let me know what you would like for me to do."

Fred Meloan
Old 06-03-2004, 11:40 AM
Super Moderator

I received a similar reply.

My vote is for Fred to post them here himself instead of us linking to them. Since das hasn't said either way what he'd like and I'm guessing he'd have no reason to refuse such informative posts, I'll reply to Fred asking him to go ahead and post here himself (as I'm guessing you will too.)

It'll be interesting to see if his posts bring on any trolls -- sooner or later, one or two of them are bound to show up here!

Thanks for the help JDN!
Old 06-03-2004, 12:24 PM
JDN
Contributors

Have confirmed with Fred your wishes, Rudy. I feel certain that Mark and David are OK with this. Now if we can just get BMWUSA to lurk here, we might create an opportunity for some owner assistance with some of the nitty problems some have run into.
Old 06-03-2004, 04:38 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 535i: June 6th start build, complete June 17th, at NY Port July 5th, at dealer July 10th, took delivery Friday July 13- Plantimum Bronze/Natural Brown Leather/Light Poplar, Sport Package, Sport Auto, Active Steering, Premium Package, CWP & PDC. Dinan Performance Software 384hp & 421 ft/lbs.

I posted here concerning a problem I had with a Dynamic drive failure about a month ago to see if anyone else had this issue. Someone emailed me saying that someone from BMW NA would be contacting me. They did; we spoke, they contacted my dealer.
BMW does read here, but they don't reply messages here.
Old 06-03-2004, 07:59 PM
Super Moderator

Once in a while BMWNA would reply (with an 800 number and an incident number) to posts on RF. I'm thinking now that they did it when the RF member didn't post his email address and the only way to get a message to the customer was to post a reply.

I'm glad to hear they read these boards too. They'd be stupid not to. Collectively, we are a great source of information for them. It's like we're an all volunteer customer focus group.

Many years ago, I was paid like $120 cash to sit in a room for around two hours and talk about my E30 M3. (I didn't tell them that I'd have done it for free all day!)