Site Comments & Suggestions Have questions, comments or suggestions about this site or how to improve it? We value your feedback!
View Poll Results: Given all the questions and uncertainties about Bluetooth and the syncronization/compatability with
Yes
75.00%
Neutral
3.13%
No
21.88%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

BLUETOOTH SECTION

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2005, 01:40 PM
NES
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Iceman' date='May 17 2005, 04:16 PM
[quote name='stream' date='May 17 2005, 10:01 PM'][quote name='Magneto' date='May 17 2005, 12:31 PM']The downside is that it will likely only be visited by those with problems.? Those with experience and possible solutions are less likely to be exposed to questions in a Forum removed from the general E60 topics.
[snapback]129753[/snapback]
My vote is no separate section--and the above is a great example why.
[snapback]129764[/snapback]
[/quote]
Very true!
[snapback]129778[/snapback]
[/quote]
True, makes absolute sense... but theres also a reason why when something is posted in the discussion forum it then gets moved to its correct placement. In this case compiling all those posts in the "Bluetooth & Mobile Phone" forum would make absolute sense. Like all the other forums, most topics get exposure through the "discusssion" forum, then they get moved. If one wants exposure they can go this route. Others with experience can offer their input on the matter (or so I hope) whether or not its seperate from the discussion. This is an information network and people need information they can find.
Old 05-17-2005, 01:55 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by NES' date='May 17 2005, 11:40 PM
... but theres also a reason why when something is posted in the discussion forum it then gets moved to its correct placement.? In this case compiling all those posts in the "Bluetooth & Mobile Phone" forum would make absolute sense.? Like all the other forums, most topics get exposure through the "discusssion" forum, then they get moved. If one wants exposure they can go this route.? Others with experience can offer their input on the matter (or so I hope) whether or not its seperate from the discussion.? This is an information network and people need information they can find.?
[snapback]129840[/snapback]
But there are some of us here reading all posts, and a lot ppl that post everything in the e60-discussion forum, no matter what it is and if there is a better/correct forum for it.
So, I still don't like creating more and more forums.
Where is the end?
If we start with BT now, it'll be wheels/rims tomorrow. And in the end we'll have regional forums and end up with 100 different forums, what means, if you're reading them all you have to click many more times... And the possibility for missing something is real high.

Still don't like the idea...
Old 05-17-2005, 07:39 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Gone: 2004 525i Jet Black, Built 03/04, Premium Package, Black Dakota Leather, Halogen to Euro Spec Bi-Xenons Retrofit, Dark Poplar Wood Trim, Steptronic Breyton Spirit Reps 20x9F 20x10R - Nitto NT555 245/35/20F-275/30/20R, M5 Front Bumper, H&R Sport Springs, Chrome Grills, 20% Tint, Euro Reflectors, Debadged, Aux Input, CIP v19.x

I vote no.

The FAQ and the search function should take care of most BT related issues.
Old 05-18-2005, 07:13 AM
Members

Lets do it...a Bluetooth Section! I for one would like one centralized place to research and eductae myself.
Old 05-18-2005, 09:48 AM
NES
Members

Im willing to go with what the majority and the admins choose, however to the "pros" in here it may seem like just another "forum", and more clicks, etc... However, what you must understand is, to the person that needs this information and help its more than just another forum... its the information they are looking for and so badly need in one particular area from a great network of users' shared experiences. That is what I beleive is the purpose of this forum. Wheels are something that fit under the forum "parts, modifications and mods" however Bluetooth and Mobile Phone is actually part of the car which affects everyone.
Old 05-18-2005, 11:53 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: BMW

I'm probably going to create it eventually. I agree one could just use search, but you can use search for everythng and the fact of the matter is that most people don't use it to begin with. That's what keeps the forum busy, new folks re-asking the same old questions with the occasional new development.
Old 05-18-2005, 12:50 PM
NES
Members

That's what keeps the forum busy, new folks re-asking the same old questions with the occasional new development.
Understood!

On that note, can anyone reccommend any of the phones offered here (with SIM card) that BMW offers a cradle for and will sync with idrive without an issue? Any feedback is welcomed and very much appreciated! Thanks!!

LoL