E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Carly and ODO readings

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 10:19 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 BMW 530i
Model Year: 2007
Engine: N52
Question Carly and ODO readings

Hello,
Been a member for nearly a month and have found a lot of information that helped me as I was learning/diagnosing my 530i and really appreciate everyone that has posted possible things to look for. With that said, I followed advice from different threads and purchased the Carly and even upgraded it so I can use if for other vehicles and get technical help.
Before I ask my question/s a bit of my background-
My parents were military cooks following restaurant cooks for 20+ as well as Pharmacist for another 25 and never worked with their hands, other than planting a garden that they seemed to have to do every month during the summertime, in case you don't know summer here is 3 weeks... jk lol. No green thumb in this family! As such I followed into Restaurants for 25 years and then auto sales for 10. So, no green thumb and my hands are still as they were when I came out of my mom's womb, although bigger.... . Also, I have searched for this answer, but it may be pretty obvious (which would make it worst case scenario and expected to see) or just not common...?

I recently purchased my BMW due to totaling my '18 LS 500 (Christmas Eve last year, long story but still an ongoing lawsuit, you may assume the heckling. I sold Toyota's so I know the reason for the comments that may come ) Thought process was to buy something that I can drive a couple years until things were finalized and I can get a new car. I looked at different manufacturers, obviously Toyota and Lexus were first, but I "just" needed a "quick fix" to my car situation and as everyone knows, milage of 150k+ for a Toyota Camry is still around $8-$10K and the ES was even more. So, I looked at others and ran into this 07 BMW 530i with 141k miles on it. I looked up reviews, forums, even CoPilot so I was not without a bit of knowledge of potential issues. However, it was still the safest bet in terms of BMW for the money I wanted to spend and the size I needed. Other possibilities were Audi's though I felt the A4 to small, Volvo S80, and I will end the list here as you could guess the rest...
I met up with the private party seller, I drove the car and did not feel anything abnormal, however, I may have only driven it for about a mile . I scanned the car through the Provisions app we use at work to check for quick carfaqs info and did not see "red flags", possible yellow flags due to maintenance which the seller said he had done most himself for the 2 years he owned it. That didn't concern meat the time since 2 years to me in Toyota world is nothing.... So I did not ask for documented proof.... Plus I planned on an oil change, coolant flush, spark plugs, etc. since its private sale. (Yeah.... that was my thinking)

I do apologize for the long-winded post, there are questions I assure you. I have been having quite a few things pop up that either I feel while driving or is super noticeable, like when the car won't start. I ordered the Carly and set it up and started reading the codes, I have not since reset the codes so the questions revolving those I will ask after I reset them, scan for them again, research on here for my answers, then ask if needed.

So, my question is: While going through the codes currently there, I noticed the miles are......not right...? or that they are but I somehow missed it on the Provisions read out? I have attached pictures for reference and was hoping someone can shed some light on this, not expecting good news, as you may have noticed in my post so far, I love banging my head against walls as it is... LOL