E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Retrofit semi to full electric

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2017, 06:23 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60 530d
Model Year: 2006
Default Retrofit semi to full electric

Hi. I've read some post about retrofitting from semi to full electric. I have switched the seats but i've got some issues like i've seen other people have. if someone can help me where i should connect these wirings i would appreciate it alot also what to code with ncs expert to remove the restraint system later on.

pictures below

im guessing the red and black wire from the seat is to be connected with the blue/white and brown/black since it's in the same wiring on the yellow connector. But i still have blue/yellow and brown wire on this picture over and the picture below i have grey/red and black wires which i believe is to be something with linbus or canbus to make the seats move with buttons (i can make them move with inpa atm)

the grey/brown and grey/black is to be connected to the airbag module in b pillar but my airbag module looks like this and only has 4 connections in it which makes me all confused how i should connect these

All help is appreciated!
Sincerely, a BMW lover
Old 10-27-2017, 12:12 AM
New Members

My Ride: ,retro sport button,comfort seats,m5 front and rear swaybars,pullbars,550 brakes kit with slotted and drilled rotors,upper strut brace,lower 2pt brace,3im,power box,m5 eom wheels,m5 rep bumper and skirts.
Model Year: 2007

It depends what year car, do you have heat?
Old 10-27-2017, 12:14 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by JuniorB
It depends what year car, do you have heat?
my car is 2006/07 and yes both have heated seat and it works atm with the button
Old 10-31-2017, 10:29 PM
New Members

Nobody that can help or has the diagram for how the cables should go?
Old 11-04-2017, 03:27 PM
New Members

My Ride: ,retro sport button,comfort seats,m5 front and rear swaybars,pullbars,550 brakes kit with slotted and drilled rotors,upper strut brace,lower 2pt brace,3im,power box,m5 eom wheels,m5 rep bumper and skirts.

I pulled an entire body harness out of my 08 535 car for a bunch of retros that I'm doing. The harness inside is almost exact from what I can see, the door harnesses are different because it's an lci car. The differences are the lci changeovers, shifter, door panels,front and rear lights. If there is something nylon want me to check, I will. The late 06 for the 07 builds ar the same as fm they hav the n52 engine. I will check the sensors and report what I find.
Old 11-04-2017, 03:41 PM
New Members

The seats are powered by the module under the seat, in which that is powered by head, memory, and sport, if equipt, if you want all functions to work,. I think it's 12 way, 16 if m5,or so. You can try to direct plug the seats for full power, but the heat, will not work, Power and ground should be able to full power the seat.
Old 11-05-2017, 08:34 AM
New Members

The seats are powered by the module under the seat, in which that is powered by head, memory, and sport, if equipt, if you want all functions to work,. I think it's 12 way, 16 if m5,or so. You can try to direct plug the seats for full power, but the heat, will not work, Power and ground should be able to full power the seat.
i did put power and ground to the seat module but doesnt work i think i have to connect it to linbus or kbus to make them move? Do you have wiring diagram or such?
Old 11-08-2017, 06:08 AM
New Members

If you have power, you should be able to plugs it in to the new seat. There are issues with no heat retros, but if you have heat, it's plug and play. The seat module controls all the seat functions.
Old 11-08-2017, 06:18 AM
New Members

If you have power, you should be able to plugs it in to the new seat. There are issues with no heat retros, but if you have heat, it's plug and play. The seat module controls all the seat functions.
i forgot to tell you that it was full electric with memory function. Thats probably why they dont work cause they need to be connected to kbus or linbus?

Last edited by RinZzaN; 11-08-2017 at 06:42 AM.
Old 11-15-2017, 02:17 AM
New Members

If you have full heat and memory function, then your comforts seats will work, no coding is nessasery, check the seat modules. All your functions are in the seat, that abs sensor in the pillar, shouldn't have anything to do with the seats. The seat module controls your seat functions, not the car. The car controls the heat and memory, the only seats that need wiring and coding is the active m5 seats with cooling, and sport bollosters, that's the big yellow plug.,

Quick Reply: Retrofit semi to full electric