Private Member Classifieds Items for sale by members who are not vendors should be posted here.

Zales Past, present, future 1cwt 14k ring

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 03:50 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm tired of looking at the ring so if anyone is interested txt me (281) 435-2655. I have original receipt showing that I paid over 2 grand. I am looking to get 800 obo.

The ring looks just like this one:

I believe it is size 6.5 or 7. I will know for sure after this weekend when I take it in for a diamond inspection and to get it cleaned and polished.
Old 01-05-2011, 04:01 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 14 550i

caret weight? quality of the diamonds? certified?
Old 01-05-2011, 04:12 PM
Members

1ctw and as far as the quality of the diamonds and it being certified, I really don't know. My ex-fiance liked it so I got it for her. I really don't know much about jewelry but I can find out this weekend when I go to Zales.
Old 01-05-2011, 04:13 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 14 550i

cool, just helping you out since im sure others will ask. glws
Old 01-05-2011, 04:17 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2000 540i/6: Silver
Model Year: 2000

why would you sell it for 800 here? if you paid close to 2 grand for it retail, i doubt its worth 800 now at scrap.
Go get it appraised w/ your certificate and trade it in for a nice watch. Gold has gone up tremendously since you bought this ring. I know you dont have much metal on it, but you'd be better off going into a jewelry store and converting this into something for yourself. Just saying.

Anyway, GLWS.
Old 01-05-2011, 04:21 PM
Members

I appreciate the help and input guys. I've had it just sitting here for like a year now and figured it wouldn't be hard to sell. Like I said, I really don't know much about jewelry but I'm going to go and have it appraised and evaluate my options from there if no one buys it. Thanks again fellas.
Old 01-05-2011, 04:23 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by FRONJONI
why would you sell it for 800 here? if you paid close to 2 grand for it retail, i doubt its worth 800 now at scrap.
Go get it appraised w/ your certificate and trade it in for a nice watch. Gold has gone up tremendously since you bought this ring. I know you dont have much metal on it, but you'd be better off going into a jewelry store and converting this into something for yourself. Just saying.

Anyway, GLWS.

I think you are forgetting one very big reason for his actions... This ring was for his EX. I think that should explain the "why" of your question/statement.

Plus, maybe he'd prefer cold hard cash over a watch that he'll forever remember as the watch he got for trading his ex's diamond ring... not exactly the type of memory I'd like to have attached to one of my watches.

GL with the sale.
Old 01-05-2011, 10:12 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 530Xi Black Black Automatic NAV Cold Weather Package Premium Package Exterior Red RPI Air Scoop Matte Black Grills 15% Tints Rear Light Tints Shadowline Trim Black Carbon Fiber Roundels Gloss Red Painted Calipers CF hood and trunk roundels Engine BMC filter, RPI scoop Interior ACS pedals Ultimate LED Interior Light Kit Wheels Miro Type 111 matte black 19x8.5 wrapperd with Hankook V12 245/35/19 fronts 19x9.5 wrapperd with Hankook V12 275/30/19 rears Lighting Euro sticker Angel Eyes Upgrade 8000k FOG White LED Eyebrow Upgrade LED Cluster Upgrade LED License Plate Upgrade

Originally Posted by redEYEjedi
I think you are forgetting one very big reason for his actions... This ring was for his EX. I think that should explain the "why" of your question/statement.

Plus, maybe he'd prefer cold hard cash over a watch that he'll forever remember as the watch he got for trading his ex's diamond ring... not exactly the type of memory I'd like to have attached to one of my watches.

GL with the sale.
Totally agree...GL with the sale and keep us posted as to when you get it certified

-Mike
Old 01-06-2011, 07:12 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2000 540i/6: Silver
Model Year: 2000

Originally Posted by redEYEjedi

GL with the sale.
Yeah I guess I didn't think of it like that. I've never been married or engaged so I don't know that feeling, and I generally am not sentimental about things like this. In any case good luck!
Old 01-06-2011, 08:31 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 550i SA M-Sport Package

Originally Posted by FRONJONI
Yeah I guess I didn't think of it like that. I've never been married or engaged so I don't know that feeling, and I generally am not sentimental about things like this. In any case good luck!
Same here, I have plenty of things from various ex's. they're gone (the ex) and it's on to the next one. I'll trade a ring for a nice watch and smile everytime I look at the time.

Quick Reply: Zales Past, present, future 1cwt 14k ring