Private Member Classifieds Items for sale by members who are not vendors should be posted here.

WTB:Vorsteiner hood with vents

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 10:31 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 E60 M5 (Sepang Bronze/Natural Brown) Eisenmann Exhaust with Miesterchaft Sections 1 & 2 Evosport Headers Evosport Pulley RPi Scoops & Block Off Plates with BMC Filters Eibach Pro-Kit Springs 20" Breyton Race CS in Polished Silver

You da man AJ
Old 10-21-2010, 05:38 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by bimmerboyali
Not to cut off anyone but the eBay seller is in Sourhern Cali and I live in Northern Ca. So I was thinking to get a hold of him and see if he will do a groupbuy and I can maybe test fit one.

It seems that we may have 10 to 12 people interested. So I'll start checking also and in the meantime if the Hong Kong vendor can get us a price, we can compare it. It seems we have people interested from all over the world. So shipping is going to be the big issue here.

So if your interested please email me at Subwayali@yahoo.com and let me know. Just to let people know I am in no way involved with the EBay seller and I am not making any monies here. I too am interested in this hood and want to help other members save money if possible and make another mod to our beloved E60.

I also started a groupbuy on Jenhert custom door panel speakers for all us car audio freaks, if anyone is interested. Check it out in the groupbuy section.

Thanks
AJ
Sounds good buddy. Not sure where the product on ebay is from, but ive met the manufacturer and he brought the product down from his factory in China into HK and did a test fit to made sure everything fitted properly before getting the body shop to paint it... I will try and see what we can do on a group buy, but not sure what the results will be.

Will let u guys know!
Old 10-22-2010, 10:51 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 528i Alpine White

Ok I just got off the phone with Rocky at Option Racing, he is a vendor on Ebay. Check out there web site www.optionracing.com He said that they do not have many more hoods left with the vents. He is checking stock, and will get back to me. He said that a former employee has test fitted one and after tweeking it a bit, it fits very flush, obviously we cant just take his word for it, so I asked him to send me photos of it.

The biggest saving he said is going to be shipping. He will only charge exact shipping charges to whatever destination. So obviously the closer u are to Southern Cali, the cheaper it is. You can also pick it up at the warehouse, which is in The City of Industry.(WEIRD NAME FOR A CITY)

They also sell other bodykits, so check them out. I will update everyone with a price when he gets back to me.
Old 10-22-2010, 01:34 PM
Senior Members

so shipping to sydney will be damn expensive??
Old 10-22-2010, 03:19 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 04 530i 06 ///M5

yea i would imagine this would only be useful for people within the us...

the rest of you have a better chance going direct from the manufacturer
Old 10-22-2010, 05:04 PM
Senior Members

do u know the manufacturer?
Old 10-22-2010, 09:01 PM
Senior Members

mark_hk is in contact with them, we'll see what happens
Old 10-24-2010, 06:42 PM
Senior Members

The hood is being painted today and should be ready to be installed by Wednesday, Hong Kong time!

Looking forward to it... it better look good! ha ha
Old 10-24-2010, 07:37 PM
Senior Members

Sweet! If u could get any info on those cf vent inserts for me once you have it figured out lemme know. cant wait to see your update on wed!
Old 10-25-2010, 05:14 AM
Members

My Ride: 2007 BMW M5 SpaceGray

I am also interested in hood.. please post details when possible.. original is way to pricey....

Quick Reply: WTB:Vorsteiner hood with vents