Private Member Classifieds Items for sale by members who are not vendors should be posted here.

WTB:Vorsteiner hood with vents

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 12:19 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 545 modded the F out

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
Too bad you some of you don't like the one I have sourced. I already have an ETA for them.
Bet you anything Simon you're gunna be getting more and more PM's from those who were hating on that hood initially. Looking forward to seeing it on your car tho.
Old 02-28-2011, 02:43 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by hayabusa4448
I am interested . However since i will be shaving down the edges on the bulge i would need plain fiberglass hood with no carbon layed over and if possible only vents in carbon fiber but i am flexible on that . Let me know if your source can make one like that .
I think I saw this same note on that other thread. I thought I had responded, but apparently not. They are in production already, so changes at this time will not be possible. Post production-wise, I am not sure what is actually changeable, and unfortunately I don't have the experience or expertise to comment on that.

Originally Posted by devildawg712
Bet you anything Simon you're gunna be getting more and more PM's from those who were hating on that hood initially. Looking forward to seeing it on your car tho.
For sure, lol. I just got a note indicating my mirrors should arrive late next week
Old 02-28-2011, 08:32 PM
Contributors

Damn you Simon.. damn you. If I wasn't saving for my down payment, I'd have the hood AND mirrors. I need to see them on your car though...
Old 03-07-2011, 04:21 AM
Contributors

My Ride: carbonized MB coupe

Hey Guys,
i'm Mark's buddy responsible for the hood, basically he is trying to figure out the freight! which as he isn't a bizman is not easy.

if you guys can pm me your location i can get an accurate shipment time, if we can get enough in this group buy i will ship a container out to california.

otherwise the friggin mould is sitting there collecting dust, (see the vent moulds) what a waste!
i enclose some F10 bits we are doing and a merc diffuser and trunk spoiler, we are using 3 layer cf and with mipa laquer

Originally Posted by IndyRedBeast
I think im gonna go with Mark_HK's hood. Wating for update from him.
Attached Thumbnails WTB:Vorsteiner hood with vents-p-rear-3-fin-blank.jpg   WTB:Vorsteiner hood with vents-676.jpg   WTB:Vorsteiner hood with vents-710.jpg   WTB:Vorsteiner hood with vents-vcm_s_kf_repr_832x624.jpg  
Attached Images
File Type: bmp
F10-Front3.bmp (1,008.3 KB, 13 views)
Old 03-07-2011, 04:47 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by billhk
Hey Guys,
i'm Mark's buddy responsible for the hood, basically he is trying to figure out the freight! which as he isn't a bizman is not easy.

if you guys can pm me your location i can get an accurate shipment time, if we can get enough in this group buy i will ship a container out to california.

otherwise the friggin mould is sitting there collecting dust, (see the vent moulds) what a waste!
i enclose some F10 bits we are doing and a merc diffuser and trunk spoiler, we are using 3 layer cf and with mipa laquer
Sorry guys... been out of town for work and not been replying, but yeah, let Bill know on the orders and addresses for him to provide quotes for hood and shipping....
Old 03-07-2011, 05:10 AM
Contributors

Mark your punishment for replying late will be to leave your car in the bodyshop so we can test every flippin hood
for fitment and alignment b4 shipment!
hey guys the quality is gonna be triple dry carbon fiber weave, hand wet layered, cured in hotroom and finished off with a dose of mipa German clearcoat.
photo of the hotroom and clear coat as in the factory fyr. if you want the V patterned aligned it will cost extra.
we would prefer to ship as clearcoated carbon as then we can check for any possible bubbles at our side b4 shipment.

Originally Posted by mark_hk
Sorry guys... been out of town for work and not been replying, but yeah, let Bill know on the orders and addresses for him to provide quotes for hood and shipping....
Attached Thumbnails WTB:Vorsteiner hood with vents-img01384.jpg   WTB:Vorsteiner hood with vents-img01404.jpg  
Old 03-07-2011, 05:40 AM
Members

What do you mean by "V patterned aligned" and how much extra?
Old 03-07-2011, 06:35 AM
Contributors

it means wasting more carbon in order to achieve asymetric alignment in the middle.
a bit like an Italian pin stripe suit,

check this the last 2010 E60 ever sold in China from my buddy the diehard E60 Mr 8pot Chen, who also has a 530i

oem M5 mirrors, full M5 oem kit, M5 wheels, retrofit brushed alu trim, cf film on roof and splitters, hamman quad exhausts,
lci gearbox, 8 pot front and 6 pot rear, awesome sounding car, head up display etc,....... with M5 suspension (they put everything on the last models)

Originally Posted by wolfgang0524
What do you mean by "V patterned aligned" and how mych extra?
Attached Thumbnails WTB:Vorsteiner hood with vents-650.jpg   WTB:Vorsteiner hood with vents-vcm_s_kf_m160_160x120.jpg   WTB:Vorsteiner hood with vents-img01362.jpg  
Old 03-07-2011, 07:57 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Hey Bill, thanks for chiming in.

I am not sure if there's a slight confusion, but like Mark, I am just a point contact for the other hood as well. And for the record, the hood in the other thread is ordered, and will arrive in early April. I should have it soon.

While I have you here Bill, just a question that you're likely going to get from other people. Are there alternative to carbon fiber with your manufacturing process? I understand the appeal of your triple layered carbon fiber (for the look and the weight savings), but what about those people that are going to paint it anyway and don't care about the weight?

I am sure such option would be cheaper than CF?
Old 03-07-2011, 07:09 PM
Contributors

hey bro, we can do without clear coat, if in fiberglass, then we already have a friend who has had bubbles, or if not vacuumed
rtm process (which we do) then it will also bubble, and if using cheap carbon fiber will also bubble.
Mark wanted one and we just bought one and it was a good fit but bubbled, so i bought a hood and made it at my friend's factory with the
higher quality stuff and rtm dry carbon.
it is confusing wet v dry v preg etc,.
our rtm is considered dry, because it is vacuumed, and have u seen the cost of mipa laquer????? my friend who operates the factory has a Master's degree so he leaves me behind!!
it is strong but not the same carbon u have in super high end kits like Mansory which is the BEST of the BEST, but then that costs $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
just enjoy your car man!

just to say that the hood is not a replica of the vorsteiner, i did not start/name this thread, it is a domed hood with vents
and is in no way a replica of the Vorsteiner which is the best

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
Hey Bill, thanks for chiming in.

I am not sure if there's a slight confusion, but like Mark, I am just a point contact for the other hood as well. And for the record, the hood in the other thread is ordered, and will arrive in early April. I should have it soon.

While I have you here Bill, just a question that you're likely going to get from other people. Are there alternative to carbon fiber with your manufacturing process? I understand the appeal of your triple layered carbon fiber (for the look and the weight savings), but what about those people that are going to paint it anyway and don't care about the weight?

I am sure such option would be cheaper than CF?

Quick Reply: WTB:Vorsteiner hood with vents