Private Member Classifieds Items for sale by members who are not vendors should be posted here.

WTB: Koni FSDs for E61

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2009, 05:03 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As the title says, looking for a new or used set of Koni FSD dampers for the E61. The Koni part number is 2100-4008.

If they are used, I think they should have not more than 10,000 miles on them, but willing to discuss any reasonable offers.

I am still not 100% sure that these are what I need and therefore want to limit the risk of spending too much for something that turns out not to be the perfect solution for me.

Let me know on PM if you have a set for sale or consider selling your installed set soon. I am not in a rush so we do that 2-3 months from now or even a bit longer, if you have to decide what else to install in the meantime..

Thanks
Old 12-06-2009, 05:19 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 530i , Silver with leather Air Con iDrive 17" Breyton Rims with Dunlop Sp Sport tyres (M-Tech Bodykit and rims WANTED) Alfa Romeo 147 TS1.6 , Black with Air Con 17" Multi Spoke alloys with Bridgestone RE040 tyres Toyota MR-S 1.8 VVTI , Lagoon Blue with Red leather Air Con 15" standard alloys with Toyo tyres Toyota Celica 1.8 VVTI, Lagoon Blue, Air Con, 16" Standard alloys with Kuhmo KU31, EBC Green Stuff

Hey M, are you running the stock non sport at the moment?

Here is the review that i posted in the sub-forum
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just an update for the Koni FSD (for those of you planning to change or in the future )

Ride:
Excellent for the HK roads, very close to the stock set up, it absorbs all rough roads with ease, the cabin noise is close to the stock too

Handling and performance:
Pros
1)The car now can turn in at higher speed, and higher speed in the middle of corner,
2)you can actually feel the FSD works in the bigger bends.

Cons
1) With higher confident and speed in the bend, you might enter the corner at higher speed then you should be
--> lots of understeering occurs which is not good if you want a quick track time (Maybe i need more time to get used to)
2) FSD works excellent in big corners, but not as much as in the twisky roads
3) If the height can be lowered another 1/2 inch would be perfect (But it might ruins the ride quality at the same time)

Sum up:
Excellent balance of ride comfort and performance
Exceptional good value for the price you pay
If you want exterme sport and height, Koni FSD wasnt really for you (Although i havent tried bilstein, KW myself so cant compare)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 12-07-2009, 12:02 PM
Senior Members

Thanks for the updated info Keith!

I am running the "sport adjusted" set up, which is between stock and M-sport.

I am quite keen to get these as the roads around here are pretty rough, but I have also heard other members complain a bit about weight, unpredictable behaviour and quick wear (read 20,000 km somewhere). I am still determined to get them as I don't really see an alternative (and its just itching me to try this exciting new tech ), but because of these potential issues I've decided its better to get them used at a lower price to lower the risk. If I like them, I will surely have the chance to get them new again down the road.