Private Member Classifieds Items for sale by members who are not vendors should be posted here.

Style 172, Staggered 19's, Brand New

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 09:40 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i

is the wheel in the pic a front or rear? if its a front, can you post an angle shot of the rear, to get an idea of how "dished" it is?
Old 08-18-2009, 10:39 AM
Members

Originally Posted by turboawd' post='980840' date='Aug 18 2009, 01:40 PM
is the wheel in the pic a front or rear? if its a front, can you post an angle shot of the rear, to get an idea of how "dished" it is?

these wheels aren't "dished" wheels...
Old 08-20-2009, 06:35 AM
Members

***THE GROUP BUY IS CLOSED*** Thank you to everyone that showed interest, and especially to those that placed orders.

If anyone is interested in a set, They have 2 or 3 sets left.

Thanks guys
Old 08-20-2009, 06:42 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i
Model Year: 2004

Congrats! What a nice turnout!!
Old 08-20-2009, 06:50 AM
Members

Originally Posted by theXman' post='983218' date='Aug 20 2009, 10:42 AM
Congrats! What a nice turnout!!

yup, sure was, well try to do it again, maybe some wheels for the XI guys! maybe i'll gather interest.

so whats the story behind your avatar?
Old 08-24-2009, 08:41 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i MANUAL carbon Black (for now)...

Originally Posted by montreal_bimmer' post='983230' date='Aug 20 2009, 10:50 AM
yup, sure was, well try to do it again, maybe some wheels for the XI guys! maybe i'll gather interest.

so whats the story behind your avatar?
Ok so I got a call from customs today saying they received my wheels, but I am required to pay an extra $150 to the department of transportation and have to fill out a DOT form. There may also be other brokerage fees and the seller has to fill out a NAFTA form (whatever that is). This is definitely not cool. I don't plan on spending another $150+ for these wheels and have them take another 2 weeks to get here. If this is the case I would like a refund please. I don't know if anyone else got this call.
Old 08-24-2009, 10:41 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Iceberg3x' post='987188' date='Aug 24 2009, 12:41 PM
Ok so I got a call from customs today saying they received my wheels, but I am required to pay an extra $150 to the department of transportation and have to fill out a DOT form. There may also be other brokerage fees and the seller has to fill out a NAFTA form (whatever that is). This is definitely not cool. I don't plan on spending another $150+ for these wheels and have them take another 2 weeks to get here. If this is the case I would like a refund please. I don't know if anyone else got this call.
Hey Iceberg, sorry to hear you're having a problem, I talk to my friend after seeing your post and he said you never tried contacting him with this issue. That should have been your first step rather than posting here, your looking in the wrong place for your answer.

He said he shipped out your wheels on thursday and they are being delivered today (so 2 weeks as you mentioned above is completely false), I believe he provided you with the tracking numbers.

FYI any time you purchase something cross border you are always responsible for duties and brokerage fees. You are only exempt from duty fees when the product is manufactured in Canada, US or Mexico (ie free trade), these wheels are not manufactured in any of the foremention thus duties are required. Anytime i buy something from the US I always expect duty and brokerage fees, that's a given. Maybe you are not aware of this, it is no secret, however I'd appreciate you not placing the blame on the seller, you've made it out to seem like your getting screwed by the seller before knowing the facts or even trying to contact them.

So I'd suggest you get in contact them, and I'm sure they'll be able to help you!

Also please post pics and your opinion once you get the wheels!
Old 08-24-2009, 10:49 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by montreal_bimmer' post='987298' date='Aug 24 2009, 02:41 PM
Hey Iceberg, sorry to hear you're having a problem, I talk to my friend after seeing your post and he said you never tried contacting him with this issue. That should have been your first step rather than posting here, your looking in the wrong place for your answer.

He said he shipped out your wheels on thursday and they are being delivered today (so 2 weeks as you mentioned above is completely false), I believe he provided you with the tracking numbers.

FYI any time you purchase something cross border you are always responsible for duties and brokerage fees. You are only exempt from duty fees when the product is manufactured in Canada, US or Mexico (ie free trade), these wheels are not manufactured in any of the foremention thus duties are required. Anytime i buy something from the US I always expect duty and brokerage fees, that's a given. Maybe you are not aware of this, it is no secret, however I'd appreciate you not placing the blame on the seller, you've made it out to seem like your getting screwed by the seller before knowing the facts or even trying to contact them.

So I'd suggest you get in contact them, and I'm sure they'll be able to help you!

Also please post pics and your opinion once you get the wheels!
I did not mean it took 2 weeks thus far. I meant after filling out this DOT form, and having the seller complete a NAFTA form, handing it in and having everything verified by the proper authorities. That whole process of verification should have been explained before. You said your friend has an OEM company based out in Montreal, how was I supposed to know that they were not manufactured there? This information was not provided. All I'm saying is this information should have been disclosed as you can not assume what people know. When I paid for the rims, I did not expect to pay anything else. I will reach out to the seller. Thank you for the reply.
Old 08-24-2009, 10:55 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Iceberg3x' post='987306' date='Aug 24 2009, 02:49 PM
I did not mean it took 2 weeks thus far. I meant after filling out this DOT form, and having the seller complete a NAFTA form, handing it in and having everything verified by the proper authorities. That whole process of verification should have been explained before. You said your friend has an OEM company based out in Montreal, how was I supposed to know that they were not manufactured there? This information was not provided. All I'm saying is this information should have been disclosed as you can not assume what people know. When I paid for the rims, I did not expect to pay anything else. I will reach out to the seller. Thank you for the reply.
I've never heard of having to fill out forms, I've bought wheels from the US and there was never any paperwork to fill out. I'm sure it's a quick fix and you should be getting your wheels today.

Anyways, all I'm saying is that you should have contacted them first to resolve this issue.
Old 08-24-2009, 11:02 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by montreal_bimmer' post='987311' date='Aug 24 2009, 02:55 PM
I've never heard of having to fill out forms, I've bought wheels from the US and there was never any paperwork to fill out. I'm sure it's a quick fix and you should be getting your wheels today.

Anyways, all I'm saying is that you should have contacted them first to resolve this issue.
You're right, I should have and I apologize for that. My main reason for that was to see if anyone else received the same call from customs. I just received parts from Tailand today and didn't have to pay a penny. I honestly would not have purchased these rims if I knew I would have to pay close to $200 extra. I have contacted oemconcept and am awaiting their reply.

Quick Reply: Style 172, Staggered 19's, Brand New