Private Member Classifieds Items for sale by members who are not vendors should be posted here.

Rims and Intake Manifold for sale

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 12:27 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 535d Touring

Hi there,

I, not too long ago (mid-June), acquired a used 03/2005 535d touring. The vehicle came with a set of 8.5/9.5J 192 Doppelspeiche rims. As the 9.5Js posed a set of problems for me (they require spacers plus the approval which ensues, which I did not have), I decided to swap them with a set of two 8.5Js. As a consequence, I am left with a set of two 192 Doppelspeiche 9.5J rims, with Conti Sport Contact 2 (275/35 - almost bald) tires mounted. As they are useless to me, they are up for sale.

Furthermore, the vehicle came with a set of winter rims/tires. The rims are Alutec V (Sternspeiche 124 look-alikes) with a set of usable Pirelli SottoZero 225/55 tires. They are a bit greasy/dirty, and I have not bothered to polish them to see if they are permanently stained, or just plain dirty. In all cases, as I have opted to invest in the 192 Doppelspeiche rims, these are up for sale.

Also, subsequent to buying the car, and based on input provided by this forum, I had my intake manifold replaced to avoid the swirl-flap problem. Unfortunately, the mechanic told me that the manifold they removed was in good shape, so the 650 euros I spent on the new manifold (labour included) was, in-effect, in vain. This intake manifold is also up for sale. I gather that it may be to use to another person with a vehicle with which the part is compatible, either as-is, or with the swirl-flaps removed (do-it-yourself).

Last, during the intake-manifold change, I also had the iPod interface added. To this purpose, BMW removed the CD-changer which was then installed in the glove-compartment section of the vehicle. Though I never really used this component, it did work fine every time that I did use it. This item is for sale too.

I live in Luxembourg, so post is probably quite difficult. Consequentially, I gather that pick up in person would be much better, such as to verify the state of the items for sale in person.

Pictures and/or video offered upon request. Offers much appreciated.