Private Member Classifieds Items for sale by members who are not vendors should be posted here.

Replica Vorsteiner Hoods

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 12:11 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: check siggg

im in if they can get it in CF with CF vents
Old 03-19-2011, 12:22 PM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 545I SMG

Good price. I'd paint it then have Don Nguyen wrap the vents
Old 03-19-2011, 01:45 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

Cheaper price but I bet it will fit awful with gaps
Old 03-19-2011, 02:26 PM
Senior Members

fyi boys.. the seller has carbon fibre
http://www.bjautofans.com/p_5966.page
Old 03-19-2011, 06:58 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by bimmerboyali
I agree we need to get a small order to see quality and fitment. I wonder what it cost for shipping on top of the $350? and if this is for fiberglass version, then how much more for a CF hood? Yeah the picture of the black car is a better quality looking one, look at the vents in the picture. That's the one I want.

I have also been talking with a shop in LA who does CF Hoods and he says he can make them for about $600 to $700 if he has a mole. Fiberglass would be cheaper. If its a local shop then its easier to deal with fitment and quality issues. If we can get one hood then we are in business. The guy told me that the mole will likely get destroyed in the process of copying it.

Either way I just would love to get a hood for a good price. Thanks for finding this contact and lets keep the talk going, if you want me to get any info from the shop in LA, let me know.
The hood on the black car looks like the hood in my thread. As for the shop in LA, it potentially might be one that Melvin has already spoken to. The thing is, where you gonna find a mold? Especially if the hood will be destroyed in the process (which is not what some of the shops have said from Melvin's investigation)

Originally Posted by naj155
Nice find. So converted, it would be $700 before shipping. Around the same cost as the one Skunkd has bought. Still not bad. Just have to find out what shipping might be.
Old 03-19-2011, 08:58 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545I SMG

Originally Posted by naj155
Thats a good looking replica. I like the fact that the power bulge isn't so prominent.
Old 03-20-2011, 05:44 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 550, premium, sport, nav, bluetooth, satellite, cold, M5/Mtech front bumper and side skirts, matte black kidney grilles, M5 fender grilles, M5 mirrors, euro stickers, 35% tint, 20" Miro 111s (summer), 18" VMR VB3s w/ 10 mm H&R spacers (winter)

Count me in as "interested" and watching intently!

Would probably want to hear from a member first, on fitment, quality, service experience, etc...

And I'm down for CF or fiberglass, as I'm painting anyway. Could always just wrap the vents in CF.
Old 03-20-2011, 11:04 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545 modded the F out

So i just finished exchanging a few emails with the vendor and I mentioned some of the things that most were concerned about in the other thread regarding, fitment issues and customer service post sale. Being that he had only agreed to ship if we do a batch order of 15 or so I asked if he could possible do a small order first so that at least one person could have it installed and test the fitment in order to showcase the hood for the Forum. He said he would not ship just one, but will do a small batch at a minimum of 5. Im trying to get a final price for them shipped here to CA and how exactly we will be paying him. Being that he is an Ebay listed seller I suppose he can set up a private auction for the 5 or maybe just paypal him the money and have it listed appropriately as Ebay Purchased Items to avoid any issues.

SO... with that said. Again... the initial price he gave me was 350 per hood ( this is the non Carbon Fiber one ). His second email to me after mentioning just 5 hoods was priced at 420 so I think the more hoods purchased will bring the price down. Either that or shipping is 70bucks a pop which again is not bad.

I'll be back with more details, but in the meantime please let me know if you want to be part of this first batch of 5 hoods.

JR

Below is the last couple ebay messages we sent back and forth

Dear jrg94555,

MOQ is 5 pcs, unit price usd420. we only have installing photos but not any other proof to show you the fitment. please just confirm you are ready to order and make payment then we can proceed, we've given you all the info we can give, thanks

- cnbjautofans

To: cnbjautofans
Subject: ??? cnbjautofans ? BMW E60 M-TECH STYLE MIRROR FACE DOOR PILLAR PANEL 6PCS ??? 150548246994 ???????
Sent Date: 2011-03-21 13??53?56?

cnbjautofans????

Ok. I understad where you're coming from. Im just trying to figure out a way to please everyone so that they all are confident with their purchase as the sale will pretty much be final once they arrive and get their order. Also it will be a VERY big order so it's just something that needs to be assessed. I wish their was someone local in Beijing so that they could showcase the hood on an e60. That is pretty much why I had asked for you to come onto the forum and introduce yourself as well as your products so they forum members know that you stand by your products and have nothing to worry about.

I guess the real question is what is the smallest amount of hoods you can ship as a first batch. Maybe I can get a small amount of the Die hard seekers for now and if all goes well we can show everyone how well they turned out or not. From there, Im sure people will be more comfortable. We can only do so much at the moment besides take eachother's word that fitment is going to be good. Unless each hood has been test fitted on an E60 and deemed to have no issues we are merely speculating that they will come flawlessly.

- jrg94555

???? cnbjautofans
???? jrg94555
??? Re: cnbjautofans sent a message about BMW E60 M-TECH STYLE MIRROR FACE DOOR PILLAR PANEL 6PCS #150548246994
????? Mar-20-11 22:37:48 PDT

Dear jrg94555,

we sold this for almost 3 years, the fitment is good, we can only ship this item in a international trading way not can't be shipped by Express like ems/tnt and so on, the price will be super high. thanks

- cnbjautofans

Subject: ??? cnbjautofans ? BMW E60 M-TECH STYLE MIRROR FACE DOOR PILLAR PANEL 6PCS ??? 150548246994 ???????
Sent Date: 2011-03-21 10??04?23?

cnbjautofans????

So I let the thread sit for the weekend and i've gotten a decent amount of replies for both the carbon fiber one as well as the fiberglass mold. Id say a good 10-15 people have contacted me asking for more details regarding how all of this is going to work as far as payment and guarantees of fitment.

This has been discussed before in previous threads, but I wanted to see if I could be your guinea pig for this trial first just to give everyone peace of mind. Im not lying to you when i say theres a TON of people who want to pull the trigger on your hood, but their main concern is how fitment will be and the quality of the hood as well. Is there any way you can do just one for right now so that I can have it painted and installed and showcase on the forum? I hope you understand that there also is a bit of reluctance on the members' end because the other hoods being offered are 3 to 4 times the amount you are selling yours for and that makes them feel like the hood will be poor in both fitment and quality.

I told the members that I would direct these questions to you and wait for your reply. Again, if you would like to see the conversation regarding the hood it can be viewed on the threads below.

http://forums.5serie...rsteiner-hoods/

- jrg94555

???? cnbjautofans
???? jrg94555
??? Re: cnbjautofans sent a message about BMW E60 M-TECH STYLE MIRROR FACE DOOR PILLAR PANEL 6PCS #150548246994
????? Mar-19-11 02:27:47 PDT

Dear jrg94555,

if ok we can accpet paypal or western union,maybe bank transfer, ok we will look forward to your news to gether them,thanks

- cnbjautofans

Sent Date
Old 03-21-2011, 12:03 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: check siggg

it seems legit but like u said we need to see something we can go buy i.e. installed photos prior and after install as well as some up close photos. im pretty sure most members will settle for a fiberglass hood with real cf vents thou
Old 03-22-2011, 08:14 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Bmw
Model Year: 2006

I have bought from Bj before, their fitting was 98%, I believe he can paint it for you before he ships it, is that right ??

Quick Reply: Replica Vorsteiner Hoods