Private Member Classifieds Items for sale by members who are not vendors should be posted here.

Replica Vorsteiner Hoods

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 12:58 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 545 modded the F out

I posted this in the humungous thread that already exists, but I figured this **might actually go somewhere so I decided to start a separate thread. I found these guys through ebay because I bought some small items from them and they sent me their actual website to browse for more items. They happened to have a replica Vorsteiner hood that everyone is looking for. It also seems to have the slightly smaller "power bump" that everyone is so in love with rather than the one which is more prominent on the one Simon (nomis_nehc) has brought forward.

My initial inquiry was shot down as I had asked for just one hood. They said it is too large to ship, but when I replied that there would be at least 15 to maybe even 20 people on the forum who might purchase the hood he replied back and said he would be able to ship it via cargo ship for get this...350 bucks prior to shipping. Im in the process of exchanging emails with him right now so if you guys are still interested stay tuned. I also gave him a link to this thread so hopefully he can chime in and answer anyones questions.

Replica Vorsteiner hood

Old 03-19-2011, 01:17 AM
Senior Members

Here is our last messages to one another:

Dear jrg94555,

"if it's large quantities items we can have ocean transport, like if 20 pcs in a order,unit price is usd350,please give us the quantities you want then we can give you the shiping,thanks"

Dear cnbjautofans,

Ok that sounds great. So just to clarify, each hood is 350 USD prior to shipping correct? I'm actually in the process of posting your hood as well as your website link on our forum. There is actually a very very long thread regarding the search for a decent replica vorsteiner hood. Many other vendors have them prices waaay too high or the bump on the hood seemed a little too large. From what I can see on your hood it looks like you guys replicated the hood to the "T" and if all checks out as far as proper fitment is concerned Im sure you will have A LOT of business coming your way. Dozens of people have been searching and some might have even given up. Once they see my thread hopefully they will jump on this. Can you guarantee fitment? How exactly will we be able to correct any deficiencies or issues if anything should come up defective or damaged? Lastly, Im assuming you are just going to ship the bulk of the hoods in one general area and then they are dispersed from there? I think it would be best if you did 2 locations. One in California west coast and the other somewhere on the east coast.

If you dont mind, maybe you can hop on the forum and answer any questions that may come up regarding the hood. Once the Forum members know that you are an established and honest business man they will feel more comfortable in purchasing the hood. Please contact me back with all the info so I can pass it on. Thanks

Here is the link to my thread that I have just started. http://forums.5serie...rsteiner-hoods/

Here is the VERY large link (27 pages) regarding the interest in the hoods but no success in sourcing them http://forums.5serie...ood-with-vents/
Old 03-19-2011, 01:37 AM
Members

goddamn tempting... is it a Japanese company?
Old 03-19-2011, 01:39 AM
Senior Members

Their Ebay page says that they are located in Beijing China
Old 03-19-2011, 02:21 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 530i Mods: M5 sporty package, M5 Steering wheel, Sprint Booster

I suggest you give up, the fitting issue is hard. what you pay is what you get.
G/L
Old 03-19-2011, 02:59 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 5series
Model Year: 2004

Nice! Is this hood fiberglass or CF? Only way we can get this is if we do GB or does he sell them on a website somewhere? Thanks man!!
Old 03-19-2011, 03:13 AM
Members

It will be great if he does sign up and answer and show pics with the finished product on the car. It will also be a Bonus if he already sells to a vender in the US. Things will be much easier. Hope restarted!! I want to go into the shop within 2-4 weeks.
Old 03-19-2011, 06:55 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

I can't read all the simplified Chinese, but from what I can understand it's fiberglass and does not come in CF.

The pictures on the page sort of odd though. They are not consistently of one hood. The hood on the black car's is closer to what I have found, whereas the one primered is closer to what Mark and Skunkd has. Pricing seems pretty good though.

Should find out how much it would be shipped for 5 pieces to start. I am sure that will be a lot more attainable and faster to get a batch of order passed through.
Old 03-19-2011, 09:50 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 528i Alpine White

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
I can't read all the simplified Chinese, but from what I can understand it's fiberglass and does not come in CF.

The pictures on the page sort of odd though. They are not consistently of one hood. The hood on the black car's is closer to what I have found, whereas the one primered is closer to what Mark and Skunkd has. Pricing seems pretty good though.

Should find out how much it would be shipped for 5 pieces to start. I am sure that will be a lot more attainable and faster to get a batch of order passed through.

I agree we need to get a small order to see quality and fitment. I wonder what it cost for shipping on top of the $350? and if this is for fiberglass version, then how much more for a CF hood? Yeah the picture of the black car is a better quality looking one, look at the vents in the picture. That's the one I want.

I have also been talking with a shop in LA who does CF Hoods and he says he can make them for about $600 to $700 if he has a mole. Fiberglass would be cheaper. If its a local shop then its easier to deal with fitment and quality issues. If we can get one hood then we are in business. The guy told me that the mole will likely get destroyed in the process of copying it.

Either way I just would love to get a hood for a good price. Thanks for finding this contact and lets keep the talk going, if you want me to get any info from the shop in LA, let me know.
Old 03-19-2011, 11:59 AM
Senior Members

I will contact the vendor about first ordering a smaller batch. Im sure he'll be reluctant to cater to an order smaller than what has already been discussed, but hopefully he can understand where we are coming from in regards to needing to making sure they are worth the $ and time we are going to put into this order. We'll see.

Also, the alternative Bimmerboyali has mentioned isnt bad since he's in Cali and will be easily accessible for customer service. I guess we just need a ginuea pig so that we can ensure the fitment on the hood is on point.

I told the vendor I'll let this thread sit for a week or so to see if it picks up any interest. If nothing happens then I guess it's a lost cause.

Quick Reply: Replica Vorsteiner Hoods