Private Member Classifieds Items for sale by members who are not vendors should be posted here.

Remus Quad Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 08:07 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like to comment on this one too. first of all, missing a few screws will NOT cost you a couple hundred bucks. from what I know and maybe someone can also confirm, you do not have to use every single internal part that comes with the mkit. as long as you tighten the 5 screws on the top above the kidney grilles and secure bothe fender sides, your bumper will NEVER going to come off lol! besides, I am sure the buyer got a good deal by saving A FEW HUNDRED BUCKS since the kit was already painted. I got mine new for $2000 with paint and everything. if buyer is not agree with this, then he shouldve bought a new kit and no need to worry about missing parts. dont expect 100% perfect when buying anything used. I think the buyer should just pay the 50 dollars so both seller and buyer can move on. there you have it. my two cents.
Old 11-17-2010, 08:16 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by myfiveserie1818
I like to comment on this one too. first of all, missing a few screws will NOT cost you a couple hundred bucks. most of the screw can be use fro the stock kit. from what I know and maybe someone can also confirm, you do not have to use every single internal part that comes with the mkit. as long as you tighten the 5 screws on the top above the kidney grilles and secure bothe fender sides, your bumper will NEVER going to come off lol! besides, I am sure the buyer got a good deal by saving A FEW HUNDRED BUCKS since the kit was already painted. I got mine new for $2000 with paint and everything. if buyer is not agree with this, then he shouldve bought a new kit and no need to worry about missing parts. dont expect 100% perfect when buying anything used. I think the buyer should just pay the 50 dollars so both seller and buyer can move on. there you have it. my two cents.
Old 11-17-2010, 08:18 PM
Senior Members

I duno what happen since I post twice lol!
Old 11-17-2010, 09:06 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Originally Posted by myfiveserie1818
I duno what happen since I post twice lol!
Edited my original post cause I'm buzzed and got confused about everything. LOL!

Maybe the problem's with the shop that removed the kit from John's car before Ben picked it up.
Old 11-17-2010, 09:31 PM
Senior Members

$50 for screws, damn them is some expensive screws!
Old 11-17-2010, 09:43 PM
Members

My Ride: bmw 528 i
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by Persian_535i
$50 for screws, damn them is some expensive screws!

You're the second person who said that, if you read my post you'd see that I said hardware several times. I didn't say, "these missing screws are going to cost a couple hundred bucks."
Old 11-17-2010, 09:45 PM
Members

My Ride: bmw 528 i
Model Year: 2008

and I didn't even say screws cost $50. keep your 2 cents to yourself if you dont even know whats going on.
Old 11-17-2010, 09:51 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by PM818
I was fine with the fitment, I was fine with everything I was able to see. Or else I wouldn't of bought it as you said, but how am I supposed to know there's missing hardware behind the bumper. I'm not complaining about the fitment, I'm pissed that there's missing crap thats going to cost me a couple hundred dollars, if I get the parts that were supposed to be included with the kit, i'll gladly pay you your $50.
if the OEM kit fit's fine, without any parts hangin' down....then what's the problem? you're obviously fine with it, cuz' you're not selling it. and you've been rollin' with it for the past few months. it's not like i sold you a mtech diffuser for a M5 rear!

it's like if i were to buy a diffuser, but not all the screws was there and they used either tape or glue....but fits and looks fine.

if you were going to be so anal about OEM and having items "as new", then you should've purchased a new kit. the kit, as you knew it, was/is used.
Old 11-17-2010, 10:45 PM
Senior Members

hey bro,

you said "Clearly its not about the money because there's more than $50 worth of missing crap". what exactly is missing? you can use all your stock screws that are from your stock kit. you are tripping over little things bro, just calm down. I'm thinking you dont wanna pay the 50 bucks just because whatever it might be, its not up to your standard, so please tell us.
Old 11-17-2010, 10:45 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by PM818
and I didn't even say screws cost $50. keep your 2 cents to yourself if you dont even know whats going on.
Hey man don't get your panties in a bundle your the one that purchased the item at a certain price, you apparently picked up the item and was satisfied when you drove off. Seems like you didn't do your homework on what all was included and if it was missing any parts. Once that price is settled and you drive off with it I'm pretty sure that's the deal, the entire argument of later finding out a part is missing and hey I DONT FEEL LIKE paying him anymore since its missing a part is utter bullsh!t pardon my french. If a deal was made then the deals made regardless of whether you feel cheated or not.

Quick Reply: Remus Quad Exhaust