Private Member Classifieds Items for sale by members who are not vendors should be posted here.

Pre-LCI Mirror Motors | $100 Shipped

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 12:34 PM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: ///M5 BEAST
Model Year: 2006

I have to mirror motors off a 2006 M5. These support all functions and are both in 100% working condition. the price is $100 shipped within the contiguous United States...
Attached Thumbnails Pre-LCI Mirror Motors | $100 Shipped-photo-13-.jpg   Pre-LCI Mirror Motors | $100 Shipped-photo-14-.jpg  
Old 07-10-2012, 02:35 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW 550i M Sport
Model Year: 2010
Engine: 4.8L V8

Originally Posted by umichchris
I have to mirror motors off a 2006 M5. These support all functions and are both in 100% working condition. the price is $100 shipped within the contiguous United States...
What up Chris! Hey please school me on these motors. I have a 07 530i without auto folding mirrors, only manual fold. Would these motors give me that capability and if so what else would I need to get that feature to work? What else would I gain from these M5 motors vs. whatever comes stock on the 530i? Thanks, Nate.
Old 07-10-2012, 04:04 PM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: ///M5 BEAST
Model Year: 2006

good questions man. well here's the deal, these motors are only replacements in cause you have a motor that has ceased or malfunctioned on your pre-lci car. they wont help you gain an auto fold capability like you see when entire mirror housings fold inward or up.

these mirror motors only connect to the base of the mirror housing and you secure the actual glass to them. sometimes people will have a short, or the mirror motors cease...thats the main reason why someone might buy replacements.

if you want autofold or powerfold mirrors to replace your manual ones, you would have to buy an entire new set of mirrors (glass, motors, housing, etc) and possibly some coding or door switch moduels to gain that capability. i hope that info helps!
Old 07-11-2012, 07:02 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW 550i M Sport
Model Year: 2010
Engine: 4.8L V8

Originally Posted by umichchris
good questions man. well here's the deal, these motors are only replacements in cause you have a motor that has ceased or malfunctioned on your pre-lci car. they wont help you gain an auto fold capability like you see when entire mirror housings fold inward or up.

these mirror motors only connect to the base of the mirror housing and you secure the actual glass to them. sometimes people will have a short, or the mirror motors cease...thats the main reason why someone might buy replacements.

if you want autofold or powerfold mirrors to replace your manual ones, you would have to buy an entire new set of mirrors (glass, motors, housing, etc) and possibly some coding or door switch moduels to gain that capability. i hope that info helps!
Got it. Sounds like an expensive mod. Maybe I'll see if I can source some folding mirrors at a junkyard or something. There are a few other mods that are definitely higher on my list right now. Thanks for the info. When I'm ready I'll search for one of your old mirror threads from the Goblin. Hopefully I can hit you up for guidance cuz I know it won't be easy. Btw, I saw your laundry list of mods you recently got done and the Beast is lookin good my man!!!