Private Member Classifieds Items for sale by members who are not vendors should be posted here.

OEM 19" style 166's / y-rated tires (90%)

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 10:14 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay so I am selling my OEM 166 rims, they were my summer set and have almost brand new tires (general g-max on the rear [which SERIOUSLY fixed my hydroplaning issue with my 550i]) and i cant remember the brand on the front but ill check it and post with pictures. tires were purchased last july and had about 2k miles put on them before i switched to my winter set.)

the rims are in really good shape, have never been sanded or refinished and have the original silver alloy look, there are some curb marks around the lip on almost all of the rims but it is pretty negligible, you have to be near the car to notice them and even then they are minor enough that its not a "black mark" on the car. I will have to post pictures later tonight but you guys all know what these are, i would give the rims a 90% overall score so kind of work from there if youre interested, a re-finishing would make these rims look 100% perfect there are no deep pits or scratches. pictures will go up later tonight.

the rims are located in upstate NY, near binghamton. i can transport them to brooklyn on a weekend or anywhere between brooklyn and binghamton,

I am hoping to get ~$1900 (not including shipping) for them because they really are easily wearing $1200 worth of new rubber and it is REAL OEM BMW product. Im open to offers though and would like to sell them sooner than later, (bonus bargaining points for not making me drive anywhere ) if rims are to be shipped then the buyer and i will have an extensive converstaion about shipping arrangements and the buyer will be footing the bill, i can ship em quick and dirty or i can pack them all up nice and neat, your call.

also - i was a lucky one and had a FTM car - these do NOT have the tpms sensors installed, but there is room for them

I have a windows XP laptop that is set up with a OBD/K+CAN scanner and NCS expert as well, if anyone is interested in coding this is everything you need to plug in and go - id sell the whole setup (laptop, charger, OBD/K+CAN usb cable) for $450 or a good offer - the laptop isnt anything special but it is now optimized to only run NCS EXPERT, so as long as that all you use it for theres no reason for it to break or be too slow to be useable. Successfully coded aux-in, comfort windows, no seatbelt chime, no idrive disclaimer using this machine/cable... Id also be willing to help buyer get started in NCS via remote login session.
Old 03-21-2012, 06:31 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 550i Sport, 6 Speed Auto, Black Sapphire Metallic, Black Leather Interior, Anthracite Wood Trim, HUD, PCD, Navi, Logic 7, Fold Down Rear Seat, Sunshades, Rear DVD Headrests

Wish you were close to Chicago. I would check them out. I like the way 166's look.
Old 03-22-2012, 10:17 AM
Members

Would these perfectly fit a 2007 530xi? If yes,
I would offer $1500. I'm in Saratoga Springs NY and pick them up.

Thanks,

Rafael
Old 03-22-2012, 11:51 AM
Members

these will not fit xi models. $1500 sounds like a reasonable price for these wheels if they have good tires. I have seen these sold here for anywhere between $1000-1400
Old 03-22-2012, 01:10 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 550i Sport, 6 Speed Auto, Black Sapphire Metallic, Black Leather Interior, Anthracite Wood Trim, HUD, PCD, Navi, Logic 7, Fold Down Rear Seat, Sunshades, Rear DVD Headrests

Are these the M5 or M6 166's? I know the offset is different for the rears. Thanks
Old 03-23-2012, 04:21 PM
Members

Originally Posted by troc
Wish you were close to Chicago. I would check them out. I like the way 166's look.
I can actually get them to Erie, PA if you think you could get up there

Originally Posted by rafito
Would these perfectly fit a 2007 530xi? If yes,
I would offer $1500. I'm in Saratoga Springs NY and pick them up.

Thanks,

Rafael
Sorry the x doesn't play nice with these rims (I think because they are staggered).

Originally Posted by zinchuk77
these will not fit xi models. $1500 sounds like a reasonable price for these wheels if they have good tires. I have seen these sold here for anywhere between $1000-1400
Hes right about the xi, and are you telling me I should sell my nice new tires separately?

Originally Posted by troc
Are these the M5 or M6 166's? I know the offset is different for the rears. Thanks
yep they are the M5 rims right off my e60.

the pictures are from my phone but they do a good job. I only cleaned the one rim with the clean hub-wells and I did a bad job of it. The others look worse than they are because of brake dust and will clean up like the other one, none of the scuff marks are irreparable and by that I mean into the alloy itself. I would imagine with spot sanding and painting but I have never done something like that before.

If you are seriously interested I can take more closeups posting questions here is fine.
Attached Thumbnails OEM 19"  style 166's / y-rated tires (90%)-2012-03-21_18-54-04_411.gif   OEM 19"  style 166's / y-rated tires (90%)-one.gif   OEM 19"  style 166's / y-rated tires (90%)-two.jpg  
Old 03-23-2012, 05:50 PM
Members

Erie, PA is like 8hr away from me, don't think I can make that trip. Thanks though
Old 03-31-2012, 11:49 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535i Monaco Blue 30k Sport | Ipod | Nav | Cold Weather| Ipod | HUD | L7 |

would you consider $1000 ? I can pick up in brooklyn
Old 04-10-2012, 05:23 PM
Members

price break -$1,700
Old 04-11-2012, 06:09 AM
Members

Would you sell them without the tires?

Quick Reply: OEM 19" style 166's / y-rated tires (90%)