Private Member Classifieds Items for sale by members who are not vendors should be posted here.

Looking to buy Bruce Miranda cables!

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2023, 08:06 PM
Probation Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 530i
Default Looking to buy Bruce Miranda cables!

Hey, how's it going?

I'm looking to buy Bruce Miranda cables for my BMW E60 if anyone has them for sale please comment or message me directly.

Thank you in advance,
Vic
Old 11-04-2023, 11:38 AM
New Members

My Ride: 530 XI
Model Year: 2006

I'm after a set of these as well! If anyone has some, or even similar pre-lci to LCI conversion cables that function properly please PM me- I will buy them!

I previously had a set of the Depo LCI replicas that were plug in play with the pre-LCI connectors, but the passenger side harness went bad and has a short. I've tried to repair it at no avail, and the supply of them is non-existent. I acquired a set of the LCI OEM lights and have them wired up correctly, but they do not light up in the right way without a circuit board inline as the Bruce cables/Depo harnesses had. Looks like I was about a decade too late on the Bruce cables, but if anyone has them for sale please give me a shout!
Old 11-06-2023, 04:55 AM
New Members

Received 59 Likes on 52 Posts
My Ride: E61 530xi 6MT
Model Year: 2007
Engine: N52

Originally Posted by unfadeable
I'm after a set of these as well! If anyone has some, or even similar pre-lci to LCI conversion cables that function properly please PM me- I will buy them!

I previously had a set of the Depo LCI replicas that were plug in play with the pre-LCI connectors, but the passenger side harness went bad and has a short. I've tried to repair it at no avail, and the supply of them is non-existent. I acquired a set of the LCI OEM lights and have them wired up correctly, but they do not light up in the right way without a circuit board inline as the Bruce cables/Depo harnesses had. Looks like I was about a decade too late on the Bruce cables, but if anyone has them for sale please give me a shout!
What do these cables do that re-pinning and coding don't? just curious
Old 11-06-2023, 07:50 PM
New Members

They would be a plug and play code free option. This past weekend I wired up the OEM LCI's with my 06, pre-LCI e60 with the LM1, and they do work fine except for whatever reason the drivers side turn signal gis blinking much faster than the right despite all bulbs working. In addition they are displaying numerous codes on the iDrive, which is just annoying. From what I understand they can be coded out using NCS expert and other tools, but I don't have that knowledge or the right software/cable that connects to my OBD port. For all these reasons I was interested in just getting a pair of the Bruce cables..

I can live with what I have now because they look great and its a big upgrade from the pre-LCI's. I can't however live with this rapid left blinker symptom that popped up.. All the bulbs work, so its not that. Doing to some research now into how to stop the rapid left turn signal, but I can't find any clear guidance.
Old 11-07-2023, 12:52 AM
Super Moderator

Received 185 Likes on 180 Posts
My Ride: '06 530i N52

@unfadeable Rapid blinker indicates a bulb lighting issue. That does not necessarily mean the bulb is at fault. There are other causes such as faulty wiring, bad relay or a poor connection.
Old 11-07-2023, 04:13 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by donpb
@unfadeable Rapid blinker indicates a bulb lighting issue. That does not necessarily mean the bulb is at fault. There are other causes such as faulty wiring, bad relay or a poor connection.
Thanks for the advice. The wiring is sound I think. I did have to make the harnesses sort of by going from pre-LCI style to LCI, but I soldered all connections and am confident that bit is in order. Looking at them last night though the left side is much dimmer. I think it just may be a simple bulb replacement issue I hope!
Old 11-09-2023, 05:01 AM
New Members

LCI tails are LED indicators. IF you get an LM2 they have the coding option for LED tails which have less resistance so the car things a bulb is out (hence the hyper-flash). LM1 doesn't have this option so you need to add the proper resistor to the wiring
Old 11-09-2023, 07:11 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by neilv
LCI tails are LED indicators. IF you get an LM2 they have the coding option for LED tails which have less resistance so the car things a bulb is out (hence the hyper-flash). LM1 doesn't have this option so you need to add the proper resistor to the wiring
So I followed the wiring in the attached photo and did include the N4004 diodes where the diagram shows. I did the exact same thing for the left and right side, but only the left side is doing the hyper fast flashing. Its possible my soldering work was a bit sloppy, so I can double check that. Do you think I need to add an additional resister and if so where and what do you recommend I use? Thanks!

Old 11-09-2023, 07:15 AM
New Members

I recommend an LM2 module. Its a 5 min install and stupid easy for anyone who knows coding. Also no issues with any soldering or resistors.

Even if the right isnt now, It will soon. That mod needs coding as well so id you are doing it; may as well go LM2 route
Old 11-09-2023, 07:38 AM
New Members

Ok got it that's no big deal to grab an LM2. The only unknowns that I'm a bit murky on then would be using the OEM harnesses which I have here in hand. They have the one long wire that you feed from the tails, through the trunk up to the LMC under the steering wheel. Looks like per the BMW pdf guide the right tail cable/H3 goes up to pin 5 on the LM2. The rear Left tail cable, G3 then goes to 62 on the LM2. Looks like that is pretty straight forward. I can't investigate now, but on that LCM harness that plugs into the LM1/2 is there anything existing on pins 5 & 62 that I have to re-route? Or are they just blank and I'm just plugging in the leads fed up from the LCI tails..

BMW LCI Retrofit Install Instructions E60 & E61

Quick Reply: Looking to buy Bruce Miranda cables!