Private Member Classifieds Items for sale by members who are not vendors should be posted here.

FS: iPad2's

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 12:21 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 E60 530i, 2012 E70 X5 35i
Model Year: 2004

Y
Originally Posted by socale39
I see we got a bunch of apple fanboys here....

You guys laugh but look at the specs with the asus.....bigger screen, USB and mini HDMI ports, bluetooth, card reader, built in speaker, i5 processor.....oh and you can view flash websites....a true PC. The way I see it, if you are looking to replace a laptop the Asus is the way to go, but if you don't mind apple's limitations on being a true PC, and if all you are looking to do is facebook, tweet, play with your apps, and download some music, apple has made a great product.

And as for the iPad2 being hard to get, its because people like you buy them up essentially lowering inventory for those people who are really going to use it:thumbsdown:

Sorry, its nothing person but it just bugs me when I see this crap on this forum.
You are true in the view of your specs comparison. The Ipad 2 is limited and nothing compared to Asus, but in about a year, What will re-sale better? Ipad 2 or Asus? I think the Ipad 2 will hold its purchase value alot more than the Asus, (as long as its not scratched up or damaged). Don't you think?
Old 03-19-2011, 01:14 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Original E60 Spec: 530i - Silver Grey Out, Black Dakota Leather In, Navigation Pro, Voice Command, HiFi Audio, Sports Package, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package w/ Heated Seats, Style# 123 Alloy Track Wheels, Auto AC, Power Front Seats, Active Turn Xennon Headlights, Mods: OEM M-Tech Front Bumper, OEM M Side Skirts, OEM M5 Rear Bumper, M5 Trunk Lid Finisher, M5 Style Mirrors, Custom Hamann Style Splitter, Custom Hartge Style Diffuser, RD Sport Boot Spoiler, LCI Taillights, Bruce Miranda's V4 LCI Retro Cables, 6000K Xenon light Bulbs, Xenon White LED License Plate Lights, 8000K HID 9006 Fog Lights, Akalius� Front Headlight Euro Overlays, Matte Black Kidney Grilles, E60.Net Clings, Debadged, Llumar Tinting "Micro Edged, 15% Rear 35% Sides, Engine Mods: Custom Magnaflow Quad Exhaust w/ Eisenmann Stamped 3� Tips, RPI Scoop (Red) Added Electronics: V1 Equipped (Hardwired), OEM Alpine CD Changer Retrofit, Shoes: SOLD-20" Staggered Vertini Hennesey Rims, Falcon 452's Tires-SOLD New Shoes: 19" VMR 710 Hyper Silver, General Exclaim UHP 245/35/19 Front-275/30/19 Rear, Gloss Silver Caliper Paint Job DIY ^_____________ Retired ______________ Took Delivery 10/26/2009: LOADED! E60 M5 Silverstone II/Black, Active Seats, Comfort Ventilated/Heated Seats, HUD, Brushed Aluminum Trim,

You guys laugh but look at the specs with the asus.....bigger screen, USB and mini HDMI ports, bluetooth, card reader, built in speaker, i5 processor.....oh and you can view flash websites....a true PC. The way I see it, if you are looking to replace a laptop the Asus is the way to go, but if you don't mind apple's limitations on being a true PC, and if all you are looking to do is facebook, tweet, play with your apps, and download some music, apple has made a great product.

And as for the iPad2 being hard to get, its because people like you buy them up essentially lowering inventory for those people who are really going to use it:thumbsdown:

Sorry, its nothing person but it just bugs me when I see this crap on this forum.
I think someone struck a nerve. Lolol
Old 03-19-2011, 01:43 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

-Who cares about a bigger screen, 9" is big enough for a tablet. I have dual 27" screens, 24's and 22" screens, I don't need those sizes on a tablet/portability.
-Has usb, how do you think it connects to PC?
-HAS HDMI, I have 0 use for that anyway
-Has bluetooth
-No card reader, don't really see the benefit of it
-Has Built in speaker
-i5 processor in a tablet would probably equate to 1 hour of battery life over time, who needs a i5 in a tablet, I'm not going to be gaming with 3d intensive games or rendering video. The iPad is supply and demand right now. No one is forcing anyone to pay over retail, people want stuff now and are willing to pay for it. Check ebay, they are clearly selling for plenty. I see a tablet like the iPad as a compliment to a workstation. I consider myself a power user, and I enjoy the iPad. Both tablets will lack features in some areas, its all personal preference.

The ASUS tablet you are comparing the iPAD to is $1000 vs the $500 price point of the iPad.
Old 03-19-2011, 08:54 PM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 545I SMG

I think the main difference it comes down to is what its going to be used for. I have no use for a large iPhone therefore the Asus makes more sense for computing and doing what I do on a daily basis. As for the resale, do you really think people are thinking about that when they buy it? Sure, some probably do and I do believe that the iPad2 will hold its value better but at the end of the day, the main reason why we buy things is because of what that item does. If everyone was worried about resale I doubt many people would have bought a $100k M5. But its what the M5 does, and I strongly believe it goes the same way with electronics.
Old 03-20-2011, 07:49 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '05 545i SMG, 35% Tint, LED Angel Eyes

How many of each color do you have? Are you willing to knock off shipping if I buy more than one?
Old 03-20-2011, 08:16 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Original E60 Spec: 530i - Silver Grey Out, Black Dakota Leather In, Navigation Pro, Voice Command, HiFi Audio, Sports Package, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package w/ Heated Seats, Style# 123 Alloy Track Wheels, Auto AC, Power Front Seats, Active Turn Xennon Headlights, Mods: OEM M-Tech Front Bumper, OEM M Side Skirts, OEM M5 Rear Bumper, M5 Trunk Lid Finisher, M5 Style Mirrors, Custom Hamann Style Splitter, Custom Hartge Style Diffuser, RD Sport Boot Spoiler, LCI Taillights, Bruce Miranda's V4 LCI Retro Cables, 6000K Xenon light Bulbs, Xenon White LED License Plate Lights, 8000K HID 9006 Fog Lights, Akalius� Front Headlight Euro Overlays, Matte Black Kidney Grilles, E60.Net Clings, Debadged, Llumar Tinting "Micro Edged, 15% Rear 35% Sides, Engine Mods: Custom Magnaflow Quad Exhaust w/ Eisenmann Stamped 3� Tips, RPI Scoop (Red) Added Electronics: V1 Equipped (Hardwired), OEM Alpine CD Changer Retrofit, Shoes: SOLD-20" Staggered Vertini Hennesey Rims, Falcon 452's Tires-SOLD New Shoes: 19" VMR 710 Hyper Silver, General Exclaim UHP 245/35/19 Front-275/30/19 Rear, Gloss Silver Caliper Paint Job DIY ^_____________ Retired ______________ Took Delivery 10/26/2009: LOADED! E60 M5 Silverstone II/Black, Active Seats, Comfort Ventilated/Heated Seats, HUD, Brushed Aluminum Trim,

Originally Posted by toyota2bmw
How many of each color do you have? Are you willing to knock off shipping if I buy more than one?
All black models. I can work out something for you. You got pm.
Old 03-20-2011, 08:33 PM
Senior Members

I dont know anything about ipads lol! gd luck with the sales Phi.
Old 03-20-2011, 10:13 PM
Contributors

the fact that they let you buy over 2 is proof youre a pimp
Old 03-21-2011, 05:34 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 08 528I Sport/Prem

wow
Old 03-21-2011, 05:34 AM
Senior Members