Private Member Classifieds Items for sale by members who are not vendors should be posted here.

FS: E60 OEM amp PnP trunk subwoofer harness with built in LOC

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 10:52 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi technic
I have a 2004 530i m sports BMW .it came with the standard sound system nothing to exciting so I have installed focal 100 vrs component speakers to the front and rear and I have ordered 2 sw-8x subs for the under seat speakers would that give me the mid range around that I am missing and also I have booked my car in for an amp install after reading your thread I'm not shore whether I should get them to re wire the system what should I do
Old 01-25-2012, 10:54 AM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: ///M5 BEAST
Model Year: 2006

Technic,

can you remind me how to wire this damn thing so i can still have my mid-range bass from my OEM speakers, especially the small woofers under the seat? i installed the harness last night but it automatically cut out the mid and low end bass and directed it to my subs....its not a full organic sound like i want it to be so i want to wire it to keep the original sound reproduction just with the subs in addition. does that make sense?

thanks for the info!

(i almost prefer the way it sounded before the subs now than how it sounds now....its not a full complete arrangement with the highs and lows completely separated this way)

Originally Posted by Technic
Harness/LOC is back in stock...
Old 01-26-2012, 03:52 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: M3
Model Year: 2017

Originally Posted by jimadams7
hi technic
I have a 2004 530i m sports BMW .it came with the standard sound system nothing to exciting so I have installed focal 100 vrs component speakers to the front and rear and I have ordered 2 sw-8x subs for the under seat speakers would that give me the mid range around that I am missing and also I have booked my car in for an amp install after reading your thread I'm not shore whether I should get them to re wire the system what should I do
The SWS-8 are subs, not midrange drivers.

If you want midrange then the proper solution is a trunk sub and mid drivers under the seat.

There's no need to rewire your car, the OEM wiring is enough up to 100W rms on the components (18AWG) and about 200W rms for the underseat woofers (12AWG).
Old 01-26-2012, 04:01 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by umichchris
Technic,

can you remind me how to wire this damn thing so i can still have my mid-range bass from my OEM speakers, especially the small woofers under the seat? i installed the harness last night but it automatically cut out the mid and low end bass and directed it to my subs....its not a full organic sound like i want it to be so i want to wire it to keep the original sound reproduction just with the subs in addition. does that make sense?

thanks for the info!

(i almost prefer the way it sounded before the subs now than how it sounds now....its not a full complete arrangement with the highs and lows completely separated this way)
Take a look at the harness while connected and the radio is off:

- you should see two separate connectors of 4-wires each.
- plug those two connectors together as most probably they are just hanging there.

That should reconnect the underseat woofers to your OEM amp.

Those two connectors are used to add another amp to power the underseat woofers. You should have received a separate 4-wire connector "pigtail" in your package to do just that option.

Please let me know of any issues by PM.
Old 01-26-2012, 07:41 AM
Members

So technic what do I need to do . I have a 4 Chanel amp that I want to install in the boot to power the speakers and subs under the front seats what do I need .can the subs be powered by the amp in the boot
Old 01-26-2012, 09:53 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by jimadams7
So technic what do I need to do . I have a 4 Chanel amp that I want to install in the boot to power the speakers and subs under the front seats what do I need .can the subs be powered by the amp in the boot
What is the OEM system installed in your car? HiFi (10-speakers, 6-ch OEM amp) or Logic7 (13 speakers, 9-ch OEM amp)?
Old 01-26-2012, 10:18 AM
Members

No just the basic system no amp only had 6 speakers
Old 02-01-2012, 11:57 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Bmw
Model Year: 2006

Has anyone here does this mod to their car which has the INDIVIDUAL AUDIO 677 option ?

If you can please post pictures of how you wired the LC2i to the harness and any additional wirring you had to do to make this work.

Thanks,
Old 02-01-2012, 01:27 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by TheRacerBoss
Has anyone here does this mod to their car which has the INDIVIDUAL AUDIO 677 option ?

If you can please post pictures of how you wired the LC2i to the harness and any additional wirring you had to do to make this work.

Thanks,
As explained before, the Individual Audio implementation of the harness is different from the Logic7 and the HiFi system as this particular OEM amp have a very different woofer output level and electrical response:

- the harness is prewired to the LC2i speaker inputs. Just plug the included black cable to the harness and to the LC2i speaker inputs. It is impossible to plug that cable into any other connector either in the harness itself or in the LC2i.
- the LC2i 12V, ground and remote turn on wires are required to be connected to your aftermarket amp 12V, ground and remote turn on terminals respectively. Follow the included LC2i manual for installation and adjustment instructions. The harness does not provide any of those signals.
Old 02-01-2012, 01:28 PM
Contributors

Duplicate post.

Quick Reply: FS: E60 OEM amp PnP trunk subwoofer harness with built in LOC