Private Member Classifieds Items for sale by members who are not vendors should be posted here.

FS: E60 OEM amp PnP trunk subwoofer harness with built in LOC

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2011, 12:56 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 BMW 530i Silver Gray Metallic

i have an extra LOC laying around so i figured i would just use tap connecters and attempt it myself. i'm new here, so i did a lot of searches on this but i just wanted to make sure i wire it correctly. basically, my only question is.. which four wires on the harness do i tap into for the L and R outputs? (i have a basic system, not the Logic7) -thanks
Old 10-23-2011, 06:45 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: M3
Model Year: 2017

Originally Posted by SiM SiMMa
i have an extra LOC laying around so i figured i would just use tap connecters and attempt it myself. i'm new here, so i did a lot of searches on this but i just wanted to make sure i wire it correctly. basically, my only question is.. which four wires on the harness do i tap into for the L and R outputs? (i have a basic system, not the Logic7) -thanks
In your particular case, you can only tap the underseat woofers connector. Pin 2 is negative, pin 3 is positive.
Old 10-24-2011, 10:59 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530i Silver Gray Metallic

Originally Posted by Technic
In your particular case, you can only tap the underseat woofers connector. Pin 2 is negative, pin 3 is positive.
i dont know if im missing something but dont i need to tap into 4 wires (L+/- and R+/-)? i wanted to know which ones they are (at the amp harness).. basically the same way you are showing in your image.

also, is it good to disconnect the underseat subs or should i just leave them? they sound a little distorted at high volume bass anyways. thanks a lot for your help bro.
Old 10-24-2011, 02:31 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by SiM SiMMa
i dont know if im missing something but dont i need to tap into 4 wires (L+/- and R+/-)? i wanted to know which ones they are (at the amp harness).. basically the same way you are showing in your image.

also, is it good to disconnect the underseat subs or should i just leave them? they sound a little distorted at high volume bass anyways. thanks a lot for your help bro.
Sorry, I did not see that you are in the USA. Pins are 18(L-) and 8(L+), 16(R-) and 6(R+).

No woofers no midbass.
Old 10-24-2011, 05:14 PM
Members

The harness/LOC for a trunk sub/underseat woofers amp add-on is $85 shipped. The harness itself can be modified/cut to be the interface of any processor/summing device/amp that you may use to powerup all the speakers. No need of cutting any OEM wires, just the harness.
Hi Technic,
Thanks for all of your help so far. Can you tell me the x-over points for the door speakers and the subs? (what range do they play)? I will be ordering a harness, but may want you to add an LOC to the front door output (if possible)

thanks,
Vince
Old 10-25-2011, 07:12 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by VinceM
Hi Technic,
Thanks for all of your help so far. Can you tell me the x-over points for the door speakers and the subs? (what range do they play)? I will be ordering a harness, but may want you to add an LOC to the front door output (if possible)

thanks,
Vince
You will have a much better result if the woofer and the front door output are summed. Then you can tweak the crossover hi/low point to your taste between the two drivers. Anything in between 100-200Hz intead of the fixed 150Hz or the OEM amp/iDrive outputs.
Old 10-26-2011, 07:20 PM
Members

You will have a much better result if the woofer and the front door output are summed. Then you can tweak the crossover hi/low point to your taste between the two drivers. Anything in between 100-200Hz intead of the fixed 150Hz or the OEM amp/iDrive outputs.

thanks. I was looking at some old printouts of some info I found online... had the info on my table all of this time. 40W x 7 @ 2ohms (200 - 20k hz) + 70W x 2 @ 4ohms (20 - 200 hz)

As soon as I make up my mind, i'll be ordering the harness. Will you include a diagram that I can use to later add my own LOC to the front door outputs?

thanks!

I eventually want to end up with a door that looks like this:

picture soure
Old 11-06-2011, 01:24 PM
Members

Originally Posted by 545felix
first, the post on the fuse panel I used for +12V (first red cable on left, with plastic nut, I did replace with a metal nut once I got to Home Depot:
What is the minimum fuse protection needed for connection near battery? there's up to 60 AGU... then there's MIDI? Don't know which one to choose. Sorry I know nothing about car stereo just want better bass.

I'm using an Alpine PDX-2.150 150W RMS x2

Thanks!
Old 11-10-2011, 07:04 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by dv8ed
What is the minimum fuse protection needed for connection near battery? there's up to 60 AGU... then there's MIDI? Don't know which one to choose. Sorry I know nothing about car stereo just want better bass.

I'm using an Alpine PDX-2.150 150W RMS x2

Thanks!
PDX 2.150 = 30A max

http://a248.e.akamai.net/pix.crutchf...500PDX2150.PDF
Old 11-10-2011, 07:09 AM
Members

technic is there a harness that totally bypasses the factory amp so you can power your speakers with a aftermarket amp? I dont have the logic system just the standard radio.

Quick Reply: FS: E60 OEM amp PnP trunk subwoofer harness with built in LOC