Private Member Classifieds Items for sale by members who are not vendors should be posted here.

FS: E60 M5 Vorsteiner 20" 3pc VS-350 Wheels + Michelin PSS Tires

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2014, 04:11 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS: E60 M5 Vorsteiner 20" 3pc VS-350 Wheels + Michelin PSS Tires

Hi All,

Looking to change up my wheel setup so I am listing my beloved 20" Vorsteiner 3pc VS-350 (previously called V-308's) Wheels + Michelin PSS tires up for sale. Vorsteiner doesn't make these wheels anymore, AFAIK. I actually keep going back and forth as to whether or not to sell these wheels because they do really look so sick on the M5, but I kind of want a change and will let some other lucky owner enjoy these beautiful wheels.

I'm the second owner and they originally came with chrome lips and brushed aluminum centers, but I had them powdercoated to gloss black lips with matte black centers. 3-piece forged and they're pretty lightweight. Don't remember the exact weights, but I think 27lb fronts and 28lb rears? VRS didn't release the offsets to the previous owner (they don't release offsets period, AFAIK), but they were custom designed for the M5 for a perfect fit. They have a good amount of concavity. There is a decent amount of lip in the rears as well.

Widths are 9" and 10.5" and am running Michelin PSS 255/35/R20 and 285/30/R20 tires. I only run a 5mm spacer up front for that last bit of perfection.

Tires tread life is as follows:

Front driver: 9/32nd outside, 8/32nd inside
Front passenger: 10/32nd, 10/32nd inside
Rear driver: 9/32nd outside, 8/32nd inside
Rear passenger: 9/32nd outside, 8/32nd inside

The Front passenger tire is actually only a few weeks old because my old tire got a nail in it so I got a brand new Michelin PSS tire to replace it. A LOT of life left in these tires. The tires in the pictures show Hankooks, because those were the original tires on the wheels but I can guarantee that the wheels currently are currently wrapped in Michelin PSS tires which IMO are magnitudes better than the Hankooks. I can provide more pictures of the tires if needed.

The valve stems aren't visible in the below pictures because they were custom ordered as hidden in order to give the wheels a more flush, clean look. Still easily accessible for adding air though.

For the price breakdown...here are the MSRP prices for each of the components:

VS-350 wheels - $7400
Powdercoating to gloss black lips and matte black centers - $700
Michelin PSS tires - $1200
OEM TPMS - $250
Turner Motorsport 5mm spacers and longer wheel bolts - $110
Mounting/balancing - $100

Add all that up and it's almost $10k. There was also some rock chips due to normal wear and tear, but I just had the wheels touched up recently to hide them. I just had all the wheels re-balanced today at Performance Technic with their Roadforce 3D balancer to ensure that they're perfectly plug and play ready for the buyer.

Asking for $4600 picked up for wheels, tires, and TPMS. I'll even throw in the 5mm spacers and extra long lug bolts for free if the buyer wants them.

I'd prefer to sell locally in the Bay Area, but will entertain shipping at the buyer's expense. I'm also not looking to separate out the wheels from the tires if I don't have to. The wheels are still installed on my car in case any local people wanted to see them installed.

Below are some pictures of the wheels. Feel free to PM me for more pictures or any questions. I can pretty much guarantee you no other M5 owner (at least on m5board) has these wheels.

Thanks!

--Randy