Private Member Classifieds Items for sale by members who are not vendors should be posted here.

FS : BMW OEM ACM (idrive video interface) and camera

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2011, 08:07 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

I will be pulling out my ACM from my car. For those who don't know what the ACM is, its BMW's OEM version of the idrive video interface that allows you to connect up front and rear cameras, TV, DVD etc. Click the DIY link in my signature to see how it works.

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=55246

I am looking for £250 for the ACM on its own. This come boxed, with all the manuals and instructions. Plus I will include the custom cables I made up to allow you to connect aftermarket cameras and DVD player.

I have a choice of rear cameras for you.

1. Integrated into the rear boot handle. Used. Add £50. http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=58927
2. EU License plate 180 degree CCD camera with Night vision and grid marks. Brand New. Add £100. http://www.sharpvision.cn/waterproof/cw642.htm
3. Small key hole 180 degree camera with grid marks. Brand New. Add £65. http://www.sharpvision.cn/waterproof/cw637.htm

If anyone wants the cameras on their own as well I have some spare.

Worldwide shipping is extra and Paypal is 3.5% extra. UK Shipping is included. Please send me an email or PM me if you are interested. bruce_miranda@yahoo.com

I am going to be selling other stuff as well shortly, so could do a deal on a package.
Old 01-09-2011, 01:12 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak

This will go on ebay soon if there is no more interest here. I don't mind if you want to submit offers.
Old 01-09-2011, 11:35 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Bruce, I am interested, I have a 2004 530i, will the video look good on my idrive screen or would I have to upgrade my monitor too?
Old 01-10-2011, 01:03 AM
Contributors

You can't (and shouldn't) upgrade the screen because the ACM is a BMW OEM kit designed to work with the OEM screen. Please contact me urgently if you are interested.
Old 01-11-2011, 02:36 PM
Members

Hi Bruce,

I was wondering if this would work on a US spec e60? I wasn't sure if the iDrive needs to be coded or if this would even work since video is not an option on US cars.
Old 01-12-2011, 05:13 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by gmakishima
Hi Bruce,

I was wondering if this would work on a US spec e60? I wasn't sure if the iDrive needs to be coded or if this would even work since video is not an option on US cars.
Works absolutely fine on all cars across the world without coding. ACM was never an option anywhere. Its a retrofit kit provided.
Old 01-24-2011, 12:30 PM
Contributors

The ACM has now been pulled out of the car completely. The parts look almost new because they are inside the car under the dash. Still available for sale.
Old 01-24-2011, 02:40 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 535xi

Hi Bruce,

In terms of the instructions on how to install, is there any tapping of wires involved? I have opened up all of it before, but have had some tough luck with tapping and playing with wires. Also, how much is shipping to the US?

I'll ask my dealer for a quote for retrofitting this tomorrow.
Old 01-25-2011, 03:06 AM
Contributors

There is no cutting of wires involved in the kit that I am selling even though the ACM instructions expect you to splice the power from the screen power cables. Instead I made up plug and play connectors for that.

Everything else is plug and play.

Shipping to the US will be £25. Whoever wants this needs to act fast, pay day is approaching and atleast 3 people have asked me if I would wait until pay day. My default stance is, the first person to pay get its.
Old 01-25-2011, 07:25 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 535xi

Ahh nice, one more n00b question, it does work when one is driving right? I read through the BMW manual and it says this will only work in parked cars but your installation thread says that you were able to overcome this?

Quick Reply: FS : BMW OEM ACM (idrive video interface) and camera