Private Member Classifieds Items for sale by members who are not vendors should be posted here.

FS: 2008 LED Tail Lights (OEM BMW)

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 09:21 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: e60 m5.

No, I didn't leave. I just never check this forum. I'm on M5 board. Let me go outside and take some pictures with my phone. Hold on...
Old 03-14-2008, 09:45 AM
Members

First off, don't bash the guy for trying to help me out. I didn't ask him to post that, he did it himself.

I installed these by myself.

FYI:

Once you install the LED lights, you can just plug in the BMW wires and you don't have to run the wire to the LCM.
If you have a 9/06 and higher, you can wire the bmw wires to your LCM (in the front of the car) and you will just need a reflash from the dealer on your LCM and the lights will work fine. (no error lights)
If you have a 9/06 build date or lower, theres no point of really wiring the two little bmw wires to the front unless your going to buy the newer LCM.
The lights work EITHER WAY. You just have a error light on the dash ( I can go take a picture of that if you want me too)

PM me or something so I get a email and I'll come check this post again.

The pictures suck because theyre from my iPhone.

BMW Wires:

(wired from the trunk going to the LCM)

- Josh
Old 03-14-2008, 09:46 AM
Members

End Result:

Now, convinced?
Old 03-14-2008, 09:53 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535xi Monaco Blue Dark Burl Walnut Black Leather Comfort Package Sports Package Cold Weather Package Nav Logic 7 18" Sport Wheels Xenon Interior and License Plate Light Upgrade

Originally Posted by tightie' post='544841' date='Mar 14 2008, 01:21 PM
No, I didn't leave. I just never check this forum. I'm on M5 board. Let me go outside and take some pictures with my phone. Hold on...
Paypal has always done me well... It protects both buyer and seller...

I would be wary sending a bank transfer to someone I was not familiar with
Old 03-14-2008, 10:08 AM
Members

Originally Posted by kearflex' post='544854' date='Mar 14 2008, 10:53 AM
Paypal has always done me well... It protects both buyer and seller...

I would be wary sending a bank transfer to someone I was not familiar with
LOL no worries. I sent up a paypal account after I posted the thread...
Everyone here thinks im some kinda crook or something.. what gives.

Go to M3Forum.com, look up my profile. Tightie I've made well over 20 sales off that forum.

I'm on m5board.com i've already made like 3-4...

I just barely post on this forum because there isn't that many m5s.

- Josh
Old 03-14-2008, 10:30 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

Josh, What you've posted is no different from the BMW OEM install, which as I said involves installation of the lights, running the wire to the LCM, reprogramming the LCM and when you do that you will realise that you will loose your angle eyes until you upgrade your headlights as well. So its not as straight forward as you made it out to be in your post.

Otherwise you will have to live with error messages and no inner Brake light.
Old 03-14-2008, 10:46 AM
Members

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda' post='544874' date='Mar 14 2008, 11:30 AM
Josh, What you've posted is no different from the BMW OEM install, which as I said involves installation of the lights, running the wire to the LCM, reprogramming the LCM and when you do that you will realise that you will loose your angle eyes until you upgrade your headlights as well. So its not as straight forward as you made it out to be in your post.

Otherwise you will have to live with error messages and no inner Brake light.
Bruce,
I didn't have to run the wire to the LCM, i just did it because I'm going to upgrade my LCM next month when I get my paycheck.
The tech told me, he can retro fit it just for the rears and keep the front programing so I wont loose anything from the front lights...
I would of bought your wire but when I asked for information and paypal invoice you just ignored me. So thanks.

- Josh
Old 03-14-2008, 11:17 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

I have replied to every PM I have ever received. The only time I had problems responding was when I lost all my PMs because I tried to archive them and the board software did something weird. But I'm glad you got your lights sorted in the end.

Josh, the point is if you dont run the wire to the LCM and get the LCM reprogrammed you will have no inner Brake light and an error message. Not too many people want to live that that 'gong'.
Old 03-14-2008, 11:44 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 530i Individual, DVD Package, HUD, Bluetooth, Comfort Seats, SR, etc

the warning Ding scares the shit out of me , BM cable for now seems to be the only solution which is a cheaper option than the whole kit from BMW , and btw Tightie you have some very loyal friends who not only supports you but buys spare lights from you just kidding ..... I guess this show is over for now!
Old 03-14-2008, 10:12 PM
Contributors

Sounds easy but NOT. The error msg is what some of us have discussed in the 30 something page thread already. That was the reason we had a long discussion about it!

Fixing the error would require more dealer labor. Rerouting the wires is labor extensive. Also requires the latest CIP progman installed before updating to the LCI conversion. And without the LCI headlights installed--will lose the angel eyes and other thing--retaining about 85% functionality as mentioned by one of the member here. I don't agree with the tech....the software is both for taillights and headlights.

As mentioned by Andy545, the "Retrofit cable set kit" contains wiring error. I can confirm it--I checked with the wiring of my retrofit cable. Both of the left & right plugs' pins were wrongly assigned by BMW. For me, pins 4 & 6 is incorrect and should be SWAPPED. You should be aware of that and check your cable set--look under page 21...and compare it to the circuit diagram. Make sure your tech knows this or else he be spending some times wondering why the rear lights don't function correctly.

Quick Reply: FS: 2008 LED Tail Lights (OEM BMW)