Private Member Classifieds Items for sale by members who are not vendors should be posted here.

FS: 20" 360 FORGED MESH 8's Platinum Gray

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 10:09 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 10 Honda Fit Sport, 10 Honda Pilot Touring

Originally Posted by Aartsy19' post='1042023' date='Oct 28 2009, 12:40 PM
So EuroCar owned these originally? and then Dranged you bought them off of him? I ask because some of the pictures show those BEAUT red brembo brakes, which made me wonder..

$3800(+shipping to Canada) is steep for what i want to spend on rims.What is retail on this setup?

I've been seriously considering RPI exhuast/pulleys, etc... which would probably run me about the same dough$$.. What are these sensors you speak of?!?! lol sorry im a BMW rook lol.

Aartsy

Also.. 285's? i was looking to go wider then stock if i was upgrading my wheels...
The wheels were originally owned by EuroCarFan and the pics of them with the Brembo's are ECF's car. Retail for the wheels new, is just over $6000. The tires are $850 shipped from Tire Rack. Mounting and road force balancing was $150. As a rule, any light weight 20" 3 piece forged wheel are going to be $1000+ per wheel.

TPMS sensors=Tire Pressure Monitoring System. Your car may or may not need TPMS sensors depending on the year, but it looks as though your car is an 06 so chances are you do not need TPMS sensors. An easy way to tell is to check if your car has rubber valve stems on the wheels or metal valve stems? Rubber=No TPMS Metal=TPMS
Old 10-28-2009, 10:21 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 E60 530i, 2012 E70 X5 35i
Model Year: 2004

These originally were Eurocarfan's rims and he sold it to Dranged. And now Dranged is selling them.
Old 10-28-2009, 10:39 AM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by DRANGED' post='1042038' date='Oct 28 2009, 02:09 PM
The wheels were originally owned by EuroCarFan and the pics of them with the Brembo's are ECF's car. Retail for the wheels new, is just over $6000. The tires are $850 shipped from Tire Rack. Mounting and road force balancing was $150. As a rule, any light weight 20" 3 piece forged wheel are going to be $1000+ per wheel.
+1. Forged 3 piece forged wheels are very expensive regardless of the manufacturer. But they are light and strong.
Old 10-28-2009, 10:40 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Original E60 Spec: 530i - Silver Grey Out, Black Dakota Leather In, Navigation Pro, Voice Command, HiFi Audio, Sports Package, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package w/ Heated Seats, Style# 123 Alloy Track Wheels, Auto AC, Power Front Seats, Active Turn Xennon Headlights, Mods: OEM M-Tech Front Bumper, OEM M Side Skirts, OEM M5 Rear Bumper, M5 Trunk Lid Finisher, M5 Style Mirrors, Custom Hamann Style Splitter, Custom Hartge Style Diffuser, RD Sport Boot Spoiler, LCI Taillights, Bruce Miranda's V4 LCI Retro Cables, 6000K Xenon light Bulbs, Xenon White LED License Plate Lights, 8000K HID 9006 Fog Lights, Akalius� Front Headlight Euro Overlays, Matte Black Kidney Grilles, E60.Net Clings, Debadged, Llumar Tinting "Micro Edged, 15% Rear 35% Sides, Engine Mods: Custom Magnaflow Quad Exhaust w/ Eisenmann Stamped 3� Tips, RPI Scoop (Red) Added Electronics: V1 Equipped (Hardwired), OEM Alpine CD Changer Retrofit, Shoes: SOLD-20" Staggered Vertini Hennesey Rims, Falcon 452's Tires-SOLD New Shoes: 19" VMR 710 Hyper Silver, General Exclaim UHP 245/35/19 Front-275/30/19 Rear, Gloss Silver Caliper Paint Job DIY ^_____________ Retired ______________ Took Delivery 10/26/2009: LOADED! E60 M5 Silverstone II/Black, Active Seats, Comfort Ventilated/Heated Seats, HUD, Brushed Aluminum Trim,

Originally Posted by DRANGED' post='1042038' date='Oct 28 2009, 01:09 PM

TPMS sensors=Tire Pressure Monitoring System. Your car may or may not need TPMS sensors depending on the year, but it looks as though your car is an 06 so chances are you do not need TPMS sensors. An easy way to tell is to check if your car has rubber valve stems on the wheels or metal valve stems? Rubber=No TPMS Metal=TPMS
This is one hell of a deal! I would get these from you Meyer, but I have got to start saving for a bigger rock for my girl. The rock can't be just mediocre either as it would not be fair that I can spend however much I want on my ride, but I can't on her rock. LOL.

Some one pick up this steal!deal!
Old 10-28-2009, 11:31 AM
Contributors

My Ride: .
Model Year: .

Originally Posted by AKAlius' post='1042065' date='Oct 28 2009, 01:40 PM
This is one hell of a deal! I would get these from you Meyer, but I have got to start saving for a bigger rock for my girl. The rock can't be just mediocre either as it would not be fair that I can spend however much I want on my ride, but I can't on her rock. LOL.

Some one pick up this steal!deal!
Weaksauce! If she really loves you, she'd understand. Get these wheels already!

LOL! Just kidding buddy
Old 10-28-2009, 03:59 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Originally Posted by DRANGED' post='1042038' date='Oct 28 2009, 11:09 AM

2006 M5s don't have TPMS, they still use the old FTM system.

Jon, most M5s running 20" wheels still use 285 rear tires. Going wider may cause you to rub depending on the width and offset of the 20" wheel or how your car is lowered.
Old 10-29-2009, 05:27 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan' post='1042323' date='Oct 28 2009, 07:59 PM
2006 M5s don't have TPMS, they still use the old FTM system.

Jon, most M5s running 20" wheels still use 285 rear tires. Going wider may cause you to rub depending on the width and offset of the 20" wheel or how your car is lowered.
Yeah actually whatever system is on my car, its crap. I had a rear tire go flat overnight back at the start of the spring, and it was downpouring. I drove my car to work (about 10kms) basically on the rim and flat rubber, and because it was pouring rain, and the low profile of the tire, i didnt even feel it until i pulled into my office and felt the back rear hit a little hard on the curb entrance. I called BMW pissed right off b/c my tire pressure sensors didnt alert me, and they told me it was because of the tire itself??!?!? I got screwed around by the dealer really.

I am seriously contemplating these wheels!!! i hope no one grabs them before i do, but i am deciding on RPI GT Exhaust or these...

Why the change in wheels? both of you had these and are selling them!!!!!!WHY!

Thanks,

Aartsy
Old 10-29-2009, 06:06 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Originally Posted by Aartsy19' post='1042669' date='Oct 29 2009, 06:27 AM
Yeah actually whatever system is on my car, its crap. I had a rear tire go flat overnight back at the start of the spring, and it was downpouring. I drove my car to work (about 10kms) basically on the rim and flat rubber, and because it was pouring rain, and the low profile of the tire, i didnt even feel it until i pulled into my office and felt the back rear hit a little hard on the curb entrance. I called BMW pissed right off b/c my tire pressure sensors didnt alert me, and they told me it was because of the tire itself??!?!? I got screwed around by the dealer really.

I am seriously contemplating these wheels!!! i hope no one grabs them before i do, but i am deciding on RPI GT Exhaust or these...

Why the change in wheels? both of you had these and are selling them!!!!!!WHY!

Thanks,

Aartsy
With the FTM, if that one tire had already been somewhat flat when FTM was initialized then it may not detect anything. You have to make sure all the tire pressures are even when you initialize the system so if one of them goes down, it'll detect it. Not sure if that was your case.

I liked these wheels a lot and was one of the first to jump on the ordering wagon when they were released last year. However, I had always wanted to find the lightest wheel possible and the Neez QD7s were always one of my favorite wheels but they were too expensive new, over $8K a set. So when a member here listed a used set, I jumped on them right away and sold the 360s to DRANGED. DRANGED only had them for about a month but has decided to part out and sell his 550 so these wheels are back up for grabs.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:34 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan' post='1042688' date='Oct 29 2009, 10:06 AM
With the FTM, if that one tire had already been somewhat flat when FTM was initialized then it may not detect anything. You have to make sure all the tire pressures are even when you initialize the system so if one of them goes down, it'll detect it. Not sure if that was your case.

I liked these wheels a lot and was one of the first to jump on the ordering wagon when they were released last year. However, I had always wanted to find the lightest wheel possible and the Neez QD7s were always one of my favorite wheels but they were too expensive new, over $8K a set. So when a member here listed a used set, I jumped on them right away and sold the 360s to DRANGED. DRANGED only had them for about a month but has decided to part out and sell his 550 so these wheels are back up for grabs.
SO basically i should get them? lol..
Old 10-29-2009, 09:34 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 10 Honda Fit Sport, 10 Honda Pilot Touring

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan' post='1042688' date='Oct 29 2009, 09:06 AM

+1 I'm in the process of selling my 550 so I have no use for these gorgeous wheels anymore.

Quick Reply: FS: 20" 360 FORGED MESH 8's Platinum Gray