Private Member Classifieds Items for sale by members who are not vendors should be posted here.

Feeler : BMW OEM iDrive Video Interface - ACM, with rear camera

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2010, 06:46 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

I friend of mine is planning to sell his car and has the ACM in it that I installed. I suggested that he try selling it here separately because whoever buys his car may not appreciate it as much.

For people who don't know what the ACM is, its BMW's own OEM solution for putting video on to the iDrive screen. The beauty of this is its completely integrated with the iDrive and is OEM. You can connect up the BMW OEM front and rear camera. And the OEM DVD and TV as well. Its completely menu driven via the idrive and also shows you things like Battery Voltage and Temparature that are missing on the dashboard.

The cameras automatically switch on when you reverse.

I had built him custom plug and play connectors that allowed him to plug in after market cameras and DVD players, which were not only cheaper but better quality than the OEM ones.

You can see the ACM in my DIY thread

https://5series.net/forums/topic/552..._fromsearch__1
https://5series.net/forums/index.php...l&fromsearch=1

Included in this sale is the
1. ACM unit completely boxed with manuals and everything as it came from BMW.
2. Custom plugs and cables, using BMW plugs, to allow aftermarket camera and DVD to be plugged in and also to take power without needing to cut any cables.
3. Boxed boot lid rear camera with the boot button. I had modified the camera to make it plug and play with the original BMW plugs.

Looking for £550 for the lot.

It'll take me a couple of days to remove this from his car, but I'll do that only after I have a buyer who has paid up. This was a pain to put in and is going to be just as hard to remove.

Oh BTW : This kit has never been available in the US but works absolutely fine on US cars (if you can get your hand on this).

I will ofcourse provide email support to help install this into your car should you need it.
Old 10-22-2010, 06:52 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

Is it possible to install this in my 04 525? I just have a basic idrive with a cd player. I'd love to have something like this.
Old 10-22-2010, 02:31 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak

Yes this fits on any BMW, with or without navigation. Infact once you have this you can plug an aftermarket navigation system into the idrive if you wanted.
Old 10-22-2010, 08:10 PM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 530i N52
Engine: n52

pm please...