Private Member Classifieds Items for sale by members who are not vendors should be posted here.

BMW E60 under-seat Sub Spacers

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2010 | 01:26 PM
Members

Hi Everyone,

I've created a template on 2D Design, to create spacers as well as 8" Rings for my under-seat Sub-woofer project which I fitting 2 x Pioneers TS-SW841D Shallow Type SubWoofer.

BMW E60 under-seat Sub Spacers-spacer-laser-stage.jpg
BMW E60 under-seat Sub Spacers-ring-stage-1.jpg
BMW E60 under-seat Sub Spacers-ring-stage-2.jpg

I can make these spacers in MDF 6mm Thick on a Laser Cutter from the template.

BMW E60 under-seat Sub Spacers-spacer.jpg
BMW E60 under-seat Sub Spacers-dsc00200.jpg

Is anyone interested in a set for there earthquake SW-8 or even Pioneer? PM for price and request on with you need

I've used two Spacers together + 1 8" Ring to give the Pioneer sub the right height required for the BMW enclosure ( E60 ), i'll post further pics off them together tomorrow installed in the enclosure
Old 11-11-2010 | 01:44 PM
Senior Members

wow this is great , do you have the thread on installing the Pioneer's again? Also have an issue since then?
Old 11-11-2010 | 02:33 PM
Members

what was your issue ?
Old 11-11-2010 | 02:41 PM
Members

I'm in the process of doing the passenger side Sub, the drivers is still in the car...
I've been doing a small a bit almost every day at work ( usually at the end of the day if i have time )

I've got some second skin paint on stuff that I'm using , i've panted the inside of the enclosure and top of the enclosure , mounted the spacers ( 2 of them after they where sandwiched together with high industrial wood glue so the spacer is 12mm thick ) onto the enclosure after lining the rim end and sill with black silicone gasket material , screw in the original screws into the four holes pre-made on the spacers that had flush mounted holes for the screw head...

Thats as far as i've gotten but i've checked sizes etc and fits
I'm still figuring best approach for the subwoofer cable to enter the box method to ensure it doesn't allow loss of sound pressure ( i'm wanting to do this once only and not have to redo it do to some thing going wrong, another reason why i've taken my time with it in stages )
Old 11-11-2010 | 11:29 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

The best way to get the cable in is probably in that bit that comes out. Make a hole for the wire and then seal the gap with silicon.
Old 11-12-2010 | 12:37 AM
Members

Yip I know that 1 , I'm thinking of a better tighter solution

Which I came up with utilizing a counter sunk hole to fill with hardened glue and cover with a washer to ensure the Pressure of the enclosure stays good

BMW E60 under-seat Sub Spacers-img_0186.jpg
Old 11-12-2010 | 02:35 PM
Members

Great work man! Exactly what I was hoping someone would do!
Old 11-13-2010 | 04:01 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530xi (Titanium Grey/ Black interior) Debaged, L.e.d. light upgrade throughout. ACS roof spoiler. H&R sport sprigs, Angel eye upgrade, euro sticker, ,matte black grills.

How does the pioneer sound in comparison to the oem sub?
Old 11-13-2010 | 07:23 AM
Members

Originally Posted by sweetnlowe60
How does the pioneer sound in comparison to the oem sub?
IMO, the Pioneer (combined with an appropriate amp) is in another league altogether from the stock sub.
Old 11-15-2010 | 01:57 AM
Members

BMW E60 under-seat Sub Spacers-wire-installed-glued.jpg
BMW E60 under-seat Sub Spacers-epox-glue-wiring.jpg

Quick Reply: BMW E60 under-seat Sub Spacers