Private Member Classifieds Items for sale by members who are not vendors should be posted here.

BAD EXPERIENCE!

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 11:53 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 528i, Space Grey, Nav, PDC, Premium, Sports, Grey Leather, Xenon, Cornering...
Thumbs down

So, I order some "invisibulbs" from http://www.bimmian.com/60/ about 2 months ago. I only ordered the front turn signals and the side markers. I emailed them on how long it was taking and they they told me to wait a little longer so I did and it got here 2 months after I purchased them. Late, but here. I was surprised to see that they packaged it in one of those little thin orangey type flat envelopes instead of a box. You know they type that have those little bubbles made into it. Okay, so I was already taken back by the packaging but I figured maybe it was something else. They could not have put light bulbs in this envelope....

They did!!!! I open it up and there they are in a thin plastic holder. The plastic was sliced open from the back to take out the bulbs that I didn't order. I thought, GHETTO!!!!!

So I take the side marker bulbs out and put them in... They work, not really impressed though. I take out the bulbs for my turn signals and one is cracked... It completely fell apart in my hands... I was so upset!!! The sad part is, I was so careful... I though hey, they made it this far in an envelope It would suck if I brake them now... Inevitably, broken!

I waited pretty long for a set of bulbs that were overpriced and broken. Tell me, should I put them on blast or should I be my usual understanding self?

I just want them to take better care you know!

Grrrrrrr!!!

Tonyizupsetmac
Old 07-28-2008, 11:56 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

If you are not satisfied you should definitely contact them, thanx for sharing your experience with us. Sorry to hear, hope things get resolved. Thanx for the heads up.
Old 07-28-2008, 12:07 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 528i, Space Grey, Nav, PDC, Premium, Sports, Grey Leather, Xenon, Cornering...

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS' post='634389' date='Jul 28 2008, 09:56 PM
If you are not satisfied you should definitely contact them, thanx for sharing your experience with us. Sorry to hear, hope things get resolved. Thanx for the heads up.
I just sent the an email... Hopefully they have good customer service...

Tonymac
Old 07-28-2008, 12:15 PM
Contributors

ive overed the silver bulbs from bimmian a couple times now and they always come packed in the plastic bulb thing, and then in a box filled with styrofoam peanuts. im surprised they would ship them in an envelope.
Old 07-28-2008, 12:17 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by kali4nia58' post='634412' date='Jul 28 2008, 10:15 PM
ive overed the silver bulbs from bimmian a couple times now and they always come packed in the plastic bulb thing, and then in a box filled with styrofoam peanuts. im surprised they would ship them in an envelope.

Tell me about it... I seriously thought it was something else... Are they in canada? I am going to post some pics. But for now... sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...huh? oh sleep...

Tonymac
Old 07-28-2008, 12:44 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Weird, as I've ordered many invisibulbs from Bimmian and have never had a problem. They're fast and always come well packaged. Interesting...
Old 07-28-2008, 12:51 PM
Senior Members

i order a set about 6 months ago it took a week to get them,everything was good packaged just like kali4nia58 stated but they had a wrong color pair!! it took them about a month afterwards to send me the right stuff and they didnt give me my 25 dollars!! that they promised
Old 07-28-2008, 12:51 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer' post='634441' date='Jul 28 2008, 10:44 PM
Weird, as I've ordered many invisibulbs from Bimmian and have never had a problem. They're fast and always come well packaged. Interesting...

I am begining to think this is a conspiracy!!! Or a candid camera dealyo... Where are the camera's? I am sad and alone fellow E60ers.

Well, at least it has not happened often or to many of you... Nope, doesn't make me feel better at all. I tried.

Tonymac
Old 07-28-2008, 01:09 PM
Contributors

My Ride: .
Model Year: .

Originally Posted by tonymac' post='634452' date='Jul 28 2008, 03:51 PM
I am begining to think this is a conspiracy!!! Or a candid camera dealyo... Where are the camera's? I am sad and alone fellow E60ers.

Well, at least it has not happened often or to many of you... Nope, doesn't make me feel better at all. I tried.

Tonymac
I had a similar experience before with another vendor. I sent them an email about the shipping issue, and they were courteous enough to send me a new set at N/C. I hope the same goes for you.
Old 07-31-2008, 02:54 AM
Contributors

So here are the pics... The worst part is... I just received the Xenesis tru match halo upgrade (which is literally a downgrade) and they came the same way!!! They were in a hard plastic container but you could hear the bulb rattling around inside. They were not broken but the tip of one was chipped... I hear such good things about their packaging from you all but thats 2 for 2.

Here is the link to the actual size images

http://picasaweb.google.com/TONYandVINNETT...key=-OHA4Oy_Ji4

Tonymac

Quick Reply: BAD EXPERIENCE!