Private Member Classifieds Items for sale by members who are not vendors should be posted here.

20" &SWISS Forged 3-Piece Wheels & Tires - $1200!

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 06:06 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2000 540i/6: Silver
Model Year: 2000

Originally Posted by pjinca
Oh dayum, where's the popcorn!!!! That is some shady business, +$600 for?
Old 06-16-2010, 11:11 PM
Contributors

My Ride: '04 545i '02 SC430 '04 RX330

have you every sold anything on cragislist? nobody ever gets the asking price.. usually just a bunch of low-ballers. someguy here just offered my $800 (when my asking price is $1325). how many of you guys paid full MSRP for your new BMW? Or, paid the full asking price for your used E60? I posted a price of $1800 because I'm trying to get $1325.. or as clost to it as possible.

fronjoni... if that comes across as shady, then i apologize for that. if you know me, or have met me, you will know that's just about the complete opposite of what I am.

As for the conditions of the tires. it was the first qustion I asked him when I PM'd him as I wanted to make sure it has usable tires. I was specifically told that there is at leat 50% thread left. i guess it was my fault believing what he specifically told me. I checked the pictures again, and I still can't tell the part about the negative camber and the condition of the inside tire. if you can elaborate, i would appreciate it.

as for the cracks in that one picture, i now see it and it is my oversight.
Old 06-17-2010, 04:43 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Car

I call BS. Selling and not explaining the flaws is shady. Pictures or no pictures, an ethical seller would disclose everything, and use the pictures to illustrate and back up his claims.
Old 06-17-2010, 05:29 AM
Members

i think some of you guys need to chill....

what he wants to sell the wheels are his business.....we live in a capitalistic society and are governed by the laws of supply and demand....having that been said, if there's someone willing to buy them for 1800, so be it....just because YOU wouldn't buy them, does that really matter, not really.....

i read his CL add, seemed to be honest about the wheels and tires......it's CL too fellas, buyer will probably come out and check out the wheels before buying anyways, it'll be his decision, and i don't see many out of towners peeping other local ads asking for things to be shipped.....

let the man try to sell his wheels for whatever he wants, if you don't like it, move on and look at someone else's ad.....ultimately he'll get whatever someone's willing to pay......
Old 06-17-2010, 08:36 AM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 545I SMG

As far as I'm concerned, if people can flip a house for a profit why can't he flip wheels for a profit?

On another note, just fix the wheels, throw some tire on them and be done.
Old 06-17-2010, 08:45 AM
Members

look man im sorry for puttin you on blast that guy did you shady and i know that sucks but dont do it to someone else just cuz you want to get rid of the rims. good luck with the sale but what im trying to say is it dont look good tryin to sell something that you bought for less for more just but down FIRM!and usually i dont butt inn i didnt mean to come across as rude but just be honest and let that as*hole who sold you the rims be the jerk.
Old 06-17-2010, 09:51 AM
Members

My Ride: 535xi, 1991 M5

Not all wheels are repairable due to lip construction as I found out the hard way some 4 years ago with RoJa Formula5 rims. Obviously these are not that POS, but a prospective buyer should verify if new barrels are available from the manufacturer especially since forged wheel repair is no ordinary business.

And as far as the price, you can charge whatever you want, man. You took the risk of buying a set of wheels without seeing them in person for which you got a discount on price, so now you can expect the new buyer to pay you extra for the diminished risk as he/she would be inspecting the product in person.
Old 06-17-2010, 10:17 AM
Contributors

My Ride: '04 545i '02 SC430 '04 RX330

i appreciate the feedback: good and bad. from the offers that i've gotten thus far, it looks like i'll most likely be keeping the wheels for now.

jscott301... maybe you and I have had different experiences on CL. guys on CL lowball you whether you put "firm" on the price or not. having "fim" on the price just reduces the number of lowball offers. and i don't understand what you mean by "dont do it to someone else just cuz you want to get rid of the rims". i've disclosed the flaws of the wheels/tires so the buyer should know what he's getting.

anyways, this is turning out to be way too much drama... i'll save my popcorn for the game tonight.. go lakers!!!!!
Old 06-17-2010, 10:20 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by xenonrider
i appreciate the feedback: good and bad. from the offers that i've gotten thus far, it looks like i'll most likely be keeping the wheels for now.

jscott301... maybe you and I have had different experiences on CL. guys on CL lowball you whether you put "firm" on the price or not. having "fim" on the price just reduces the number of lowball offers. and i don't understand what you mean by "dont do it to someone else just cuz you want to get rid of the rims". i've disclosed the flaws of the wheels/tires so the buyer should know what he's getting.

anyways, this is turning out to be way too much drama... i'll save my popcorn for the game tonight.. go lakers!!!!!

BTW, don;t get me wrong, I wasn't criticizing you. If some sucker comes along and wants to give you $1800 for the wheels - more power to you, I don't think any of us would turn down extra $$$$
Old 06-17-2010, 10:23 AM
Contributors

Honestly, cut the guy some slack. In the end, used wheels are used wheels. He got dicked from the original purchase but at least he's willing to be upfront about the condition..

I agree in the fact that LISTING price and SELLING price are totally different. If you have ever sold anything used, you should know this and understand that he's just making a cushion for himself to get his target price. If there really is an interested buyer, he'll negotiate the LISTING price down.

At this point, the wheels probably won't be selling on this forum, but if it does, everyone did their part to make all known details transparent.

If anything, let this be a reminder to everyone, caveat emptor. If you don't know what that means, google it.

Quick Reply: 20" &SWISS Forged 3-Piece Wheels & Tires - $1200!