Private Member Classifieds Items for sale by members who are not vendors should be posted here.

20" &SWISS Forged 3-Piece Wheels & Tires - $1200!

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 06:57 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2000 540i/6: Silver
Model Year: 2000

well, refinishing that chrome is questionable, if the buyer was OK with it then you can leave it...you need to just refinish them to a condition that the buyer thought he was going to get....
fix 2 bent wheels...125 a piece and thats a fair fix price...replace 2 tires, 150 each, if the buyer is not picky on the brand of tire...and you should be done...

250+300+1325= 1875...still less than any 3-piecers ive seen, most worth buying starting at 2300+...and if he's really strapped for cash, so long as the bends arent causing any leaks, he can live with them, just get 2 tires, and at a later point in time, repair them....

there are ways to make it work, but i think they buyer was trying to 'come up', and after receiving them, felt its not that much of a 'come up'...but it still is...

however, there is always the factor of being able to sell these wheels for at least 1800 at a later point in time, which i dont think anyone will pay...

so, he should keep them if he likes them, if he doesnt, and only bought them because he felt he was getting a sik deal, well, you did get a sik deal, just not as good as you thought...

good luck with it.
Old 06-15-2010, 07:40 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i know you said you werent looking to spend additional cash on the wheels but at this point youll prob have a better chance repairing the wheels and putting on used/inexpensive tires and then sell them. youve already lowered the value of the wheels by telling people you spent more than you thought it was worth. my suggestion, puta few bucks into them and sell them at a higher price. you can get a set of tires used on the forum in good condition for $500-$600. have the wheels refinished at approx. $400 and sell them for btwn 2250 and 2500. three piece wheel with no damage and good tires would go fast at that price. youll break out even and all it cost you was some time and energy. just my .02. gl.

or just wait a few weeks until people forget about the wheels and get some sucka to pay you 1500 for the set as is...haha jk

or am I...
Old 06-15-2010, 09:30 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by pgetsch
or just wait a few weeks until people forget about the wheels and get some sucka to pay you 1500 for the set as is...haha jk

LOL if he does that he'll end up with a "buckwildx22" type FS thread that goes on forever and has THIS thread repeatedly referenced. Just get them fixed, get new tires, and then see if you like em, if not re-sell them.
Old 06-15-2010, 10:30 AM
Contributors

My Ride: '04 545i '02 SC430 '04 RX330

Just to clarify, I never said that I spent more than what I think they are worth.

The issue is that ACS5 and I agreed on a price for items in the conditions he described. When the items arrived, they were not in the condition that ACS5 described and not usable in its current condition. it will cost extra money (about $400-$450 on top of what I expected to spend to refinish them) to get the items to a usable condition and back to the conditions that was in our agreement.

I did try and work out a compromise between me and the seller. however, ACS5 was not willing to do anything.

Yes, I can get the wheels fixed and get tires on them and put them on the car. they are nice rims and that's why i bought them in the first place. however, everytime i see them, i'm going to be upset because it reminds me of this unpleasant transaction.

at this point, i would prefer to see them gone.
Old 06-15-2010, 10:55 AM
Senior Members

sounds exactly like my recent transaction with DIRRRTY for his 166's...said they werent bent, all four ended up being bent, he told me to fuck off, and now im stuck with an additional $400 expense. yeah i got annoyed, and yeah, hes gonna get his; at least acs5 spoke with you, DIRRRTY aka Alex, wouldnt even speak with me the fuckin douchebag, but i want the wheels, and im not gonna sit here and whine about it, bottom line...could you have bought these wheels for 1850 or watever? no...would you have bought them in perfect condition with brand new tires at 1850? probably yes...

so...ACS5 will get his im sure, i had a pleasant transaction with him (rep roof spoiler), although the condition of the spoiler i receieved from him was not 'as described', i still wanted the spoiler and dealt with it....

there are more important things to worry about...as for the wheels, i think they match the color of your car PERFECTLY, and was really looking forward to seeing them on your car!
Old 06-16-2010, 08:54 AM
Members

that sucks im sorry to hear that, shady people like that need to be exposed so new members dont get burned and walk away from the forum. the forum has many honest people but theres the few that bring a bad name to the forum and those people need to know that SH*T DONT FLY OVER HERE! i hope evrything works out and buyers and seller be careful.
Old 06-16-2010, 03:55 PM
Members

Originally Posted by jscott301
that sucks im sorry to hear that, shady people like that need to be exposed so new members dont get burned and walk away from the forum. the forum has many honest people but theres the few that bring a bad name to the forum and those people need to know that SH*T DONT FLY OVER HERE! i hope evrything works out and buyers and seller be careful.
and i take it back it dont look good if you are trying to sell them for a higher price then you bought them and burn someone else you paid $1200? and sell for $1800. what did you do for the $600 difference? http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv...792289507.html
Old 06-16-2010, 04:39 PM
Senior Members

damn...shady mcshade...
Old 06-16-2010, 04:48 PM
Senior Members

btw bro
i just took a look at his ORIGINAL POST...and NOWHERE does it say the condition of the tires...
in fact, if you actually look at the pictures of the rims, click into them, let them expand, you can clearly see where the tires have cracking, as well as the condition of the inside tire.
you should also know that this is how the rear tires will wear because of the negative camber....

it seems like you didnt do your due diligence (tongue twister).
Old 06-16-2010, 05:43 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by jscott301
and i take it back it dont look good if you are trying to sell them for a higher price then you bought them and burn someone else you paid $1200? and sell for $1800. what did you do for the $600 difference? http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv...792289507.html

Oh dayum, where's the popcorn!!!! That is some shady business, +$600 for?

Quick Reply: 20" &SWISS Forged 3-Piece Wheels & Tires - $1200!