Private Member Classifieds Items for sale by members who are not vendors should be posted here.

*******LCI TAIL LIGHTS F/S OEM

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 10:52 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 E60 530i, 2012 E70 X5 35i
Model Year: 2004

Originally Posted by tex_phil' post='991614' date='Aug 28 2009, 02:47 PM
I agree $400 for cables is crazy.
When you really think about it, its a small fraction compared to the OEM retrofit. Especially since you have to get cables and then get dealer programming, and get the LCI headlights too.

When the lights look this great, its totally worth it!
Old 08-28-2009, 10:59 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 BMW ///M5 V10

Originally Posted by tex_phil' post='991614
When you really think about it, its a small fraction compared to the OEM retrofit. Especially since you have to get cables and then get dealer programming, and get the LCI headlights too.

be that as it may...I'm sure these cables don't cost more than $50 to produce...I've always felt the need to help out my fellow community. I used to install angel eyes for fellow E46 owners for FREE...The mark up on these cables is absurd
Old 08-28-2009, 11:00 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i Alpine White on Black interior, Sport and Premium Package, Steptronic, Navigation, Xenon Adaptive Headlights, Mtec V2.1 angel eyes,Hoen Fog Lights, Full M-Tech kit, ACS pedals, LED plate lights, CF Steering Wheel badge, CF Titanium trim, OE

Originally Posted by nigxdoof' post='991619' date='Aug 28 2009, 11:52 AM

+1 its a BMW everythings expensive
Old 08-28-2009, 12:00 PM
Members

$525shipped anywhere???????
Old 08-28-2009, 12:10 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

Maybe I should start calling my cables something fancy like "Retrofit Light Control Modules" or something and then people will consider them worth it. Many people really think I'm selling them a bit of modified wire, there is a heck of a lot of electronics in each of these things.

For those who think the retail price is expensive, the E60 exclusive Group Buys represent excellent value. People who bought in the first GB got their cables for almost $210 but then the take up for later GBs was poor. I don't mind have another GB if there is enough of interest again but I doubt it.
Attached Thumbnails *******LCI TAIL LIGHTS F/S OEM-pq1g1601.jpg  
Old 08-28-2009, 12:31 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 BMW ///M5 V10

Bruce no doubt ur cables are top notch quality. I'm a wiring guy myself (see above, I've retrofitted angel eyes on to cars many times), the quality of your kits are great and the time and effort you put into designing them shows. However, you said the V6 cables are now being mass produced by another company (IE you are no longer producing them by hand). Myself and others thought that this would result in quite a price drop, however, instead it resulted in a price increase...
Old 08-28-2009, 12:42 PM
Contributors

My Ride: '05 545 Titanium Silver, Black Leather - Nav, Logic 7, Cold weather. Mods: Carbon filter removed. M5 iDrive knob. Umnitza license plate LEDs. MP3 40% 3M tint ACS Anti-Roll(sway) bars RPI Scoop G-tech Pro RR CF Roundels CF Wheel caps

Originally Posted by BMWPower06' post='991694' date='Aug 28 2009, 03:31 PM
Bruce no doubt ur cables are top notch quality. I'm a wiring guy myself (see above, I've retrofitted angel eyes on to cars many times), the quality of your kits are great and the time and effort you put into designing them shows. However, you said the V6 cables are now being mass produced by another company (IE you are no longer producing them by hand). Myself and others thought that this would result in quite a price drop, however, instead it resulted in a price increase...
As Bruce was trying to say it's a more than a cable! I'm sure his outsourcing to another company is not to the scale where it's going to cost less. If he can't get a group buy together for a couple of handfuls he's not going to be able to see benefits of mass production. If you can't afford them there's no need to whine about it just keep your old lights. If you want to price an OEM solution I think you will find Bruce's modules a great deal.

Good luck with the sale BTW!
Old 08-28-2009, 12:42 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by BMWPower06' post='991552
I agree $400 for cables is crazy.

Originally Posted by nigxdoof' post='991619' date='Aug 28 2009, 01:52 PM

All this cable talk. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. The cables are the best you can get. No one is questioning the quality and the time spent on them! They are amazing looking and performing cables! All that said 400+ is too high imo. If i could get a set of v6 cables for $210 i would do it.

To the OP - A lot of interested people when it comes to lci tails. Posting a picture would almost guarantee a sale within 24 hours.
Old 08-28-2009, 12:55 PM
Members

[First off guys, I was not whiny or complaining about them, all I said they were to high in price so that is the cause for me to sell them, that all everyone is entitle to opinion gosh you guys are worst then women lol
Old 08-28-2009, 01:02 PM
Contributors

I have 2004 525i...if i buy this guy OEM LCI Tailight...then I have to REPROGRAMMING AT THE DEALERSHIP??? I thought is just plug and play?

Quick Reply: *******LCI TAIL LIGHTS F/S OEM