Press Articles & Your Comments Post links to 5 Series related magazine articles along with your commentary.

Top Luxury Cars

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2005, 12:07 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought this was interesting....

Top Luxury Cars
on MSN Autos

The Acura TL takes over the top spot as the most popular luxury car among shoppers on MSN Autos.

compiled by MSN Autos

The most popular luxury cars on MSN Autos, based on visits to the site's vehicle pages during the third quarter of 2004.

The G35, a new addition to the Infiniti lineup for 2003, continues to be one of the most popular luxury cars with shoppers on MSN Autos.

Bentley's Continental GT offers great styling, a luxurious interior and a powerul 12-cylinder engine.

The only domestic model to appear on the top ten luxury car list is the Cadillac CTS.

Acura TL
BMW 3-Series
Infiniti G35
BMW 5-Series
Bentley Continental GT
Maybach Maybach
Cadillac CTS
Audi A4
Mercedes-Benz C-Class
BMW 7-Series

The 5-Series is one of three BMWs popular with MSN Autos shoppers.

The Acura TL topped the list of the luxury cars most popular with MSN shoppers for the third quarter of 2004, taking the top position away from the BMW 3-Series. The Infiniti G35, which was new for 2003, rounded out the top three.
BMW placed three cars on the list with the redesigned 5-Series and the flagship 7-Series also making the cut.

The list of the top ten luxury cars on MSN Autos is based on total visits to the site's vehicle research pages during the third quarter of 2004. Here is the complete list:

1. Acura TL
The TL sport sedan was completely new for 2004, with updated styling, a refined chassis and a 3.2-liter 270-horsepower V6 engine teamed with an available 6-speed manual transmission. A DVD-Audio surround sound audio system and Bluetooth wireless phone connectivity are standard.

2. BMW 3-Series
Descendant of the mid-'60s 1600, the BMW 3-Series is considered by automotive enthusiasts to be the first compact sedan offering sports car performance. For 2004, 3-Series coupes and convertibles feature new front and rear styling and a 6-speed manual transmission replaces the 5-speed on 330 trims. A 6-speed Sequential Manual Gearbox (SMG) is available on all rear-wheel-drive trims. Look for an all-new 3-Series arriving sometime next year.

3. Infiniti G35
A new addition to the Infiniti lineup for the 2003 model year, the G35 Sport Sedan went on sale in March 2002. The four-passenger G35 Sport Coupe joined the lineup later that year. Both the coupe and sedan are front-engine/rear-wheel-drive platforms with fresh, crisp designs and advanced technology aimed at driving enthusiasts. The 3.5-liter V6 produces 260 horsepower in the sedan and 280 horsepower in the coupe.

4. BMW 5-Series
The 5-Series was completely redesigned for 2004 with unique exterior styling that draws from the 7-Series, as well as the controversial I-Drive system. The new 5-Series is larger but lighter than the previous generation due to extensive use of aluminum. The 545i is powered by a 325-horsepower V8, with the 525i and 530i powered by inline 6-cylinder powerplants. Available technology includes active steering, which varies the steering ratio based on vehicle speed, steering angle and other factors.

5. Bentley Continental GT
The Continental GT is the first model to come out of Bentley Motor Cars, Ltd., the new company that was formed on September 17, 2002, ending a 70-year partnership with Rolls-Royce. Priced around $150,000 (inexpensive for a Bentley), the Continental GT is a stunning 2-door, 4-seat coupe. The first Bentley to offer all-wheel drive, this high-performance coupe boasts a 552-horsepower engine and a claimed top speed close to 200 mph.

6. Maybach
Maybachs were originally built for high society and were the most expensive models of their time, selling 1,800 units between 1921 and 1941. In 2004, Mercedes-Benz brought back the Maybach name on this ultra-luxury car that the company refers to as "a business jet on wheels." Seats recline with integrated footrests; a panorama roof can electronically go from transparent to opaque; and champagne can be stored in the chilled compartment between the rear seats.

7. Cadillac CTS
The CTS near-luxury sport sedan debuted as a 2003 model with bold, cutting-edge styling. It is the first rear-drive Cadillac in 50 years to offer a manual transmission, and the suspension was tuned at the famed Nurburgring racetrack in Germany. Powered by a 400-horsepower Corvette engine, the CTS-V was added for 2004. The 2005 CTS features a new instrument cluster, 16-inch machined wheels and three new exterior colors.

8. Audi A4
Redesigned for the 2002 model year, the A4 sedan was joined by the Cabriolet for the 2003 model year. The A4 Avant is one of the most popular sport wagons on the market. All A4 body styles?sedan, cabriolet and avant?are available with Audi's legendary quattro all-wheel-drive system.

9. Mercedes-Benz C-Class
The C-Class receives exterior and interior updates for 2005 including new body styling, headlights, taillights, grille, wheels, dashboard, instrument cluster, steering wheel and seats. The C55 AMG replaces the C32 AMG and is powered by a hand-built, normally aspirated AMB V8 that produces 362 horsepower and 376 lb-ft of torque.

10. BMW 7-Series
BMW's flagship, the 7-Series was completely redesigned for the 2002 model year with all-new styling, a 325-horsepower V8, and high-tech advances including the iDrive system. The V12-powered 760Li was added for the 2003 model year.
Old 01-03-2005, 01:32 PM
Members

Interesting... Is exactly what I would call this article. This is similar to what I'd expect to see on RF or autolies. They ranked the Acura TL as "most popular" because it received the most page hits. Gee... A brand new model comes out and lots of the technically inclined visited MSN to do research on it. That is the criteria for "most popular"? So if everyone is also visiting the internet to research the Tsunamis was that also the "most popular" event of 2004? Personally I believe sales figuires, customer satisfaction or customer interest surveys should be the real criteria.
Old 01-03-2005, 01:58 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '06 530i -6speed - Comfort Seats - Premium Package - Premium Sound Package - Cold Weather Package - Ventilated Seats - Xenon -HUD - PDC - Nav

rather interesting ........ articles that make you go "hhhmmmnnnn"

considering that the following cars are all in 1 big massive group named "Luxury Cars"

how is that one is able to group a Audi A4 with a Maybach, and a BMW 3 series with a Bentley Continental GT, or even worse ... compare a $150,000 Continental GT With a $40,000 Infinity G35 ....

its like saying ..... 2 year old children both like hamsters & <any breed> dog alike. because both have 4 legs, and are fun to kick, pull hair & feed.
Old 01-03-2005, 07:13 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Hahahha funny comments... but hey at least the BMW 5-series is number 4... not bad.