Press Articles & Your Comments Post links to 5 Series related magazine articles along with your commentary.

NOVEMBER 2006 BIMMER MAGAZINE

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 02:32 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Fully loaded Dinan Tuned E60 545i Sports Sedan, featuring Dinan high flow intake system, Dinan free flow exhaust, Dinan high flow throttle body, Dinan Stage 3 Performance Engine Management Software, Dinan camber plates, Dinan carbon fiber strut tower brace, Dinan 19" lightweight forged wheelset, Dinan/Brembo GT big brake system, Dinan Polished Aluminum Pedal Kit, BMW "M" footrest, Bridgestone Potenza RE050A RFT's, OEM rear deck spoiler, OEM sun/wind deflector, OEM illuminated BMW door sills, debadged (official "Dinan 5 badging"/emblem earned).

Hello E60ers:

Fyi, the upcoming November 2006 issue (#62) of BIMMER Magazine will include a write-up and evaluation on the Dinan Tuned E60 545i Sports Sedan.

This issue should be hitting the newsstands any day now.

Should make for some interesting reading!

BEST REGARDS,
Old 09-07-2006, 02:37 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E63 AMG | Obsidian Black | Schwarzes Nappa | Black BirdEye Maple | Premium II Package | Electronic Trunk Closer | Parktronic Engine: RPi/Powerchips custom ECU tune, RPi Ram Air Kit (BMC filter, scoops), RennTech Sport exhaust, secondary cats, charcoal and resonator delete, custom AAA x-pipe Exterior: 50% side windows / 35% rear window Formula One Pinnacle Series | Flat AMG hood emblem Suspension: Renntech Lowering Module Wheels/Tires: Radenergie R10, Falken FK452 245/30/20, Yokohama ADVAN Sport 285/25/20 ----------------------------------------- 2005 545i Sport SMG | Ti Grau | Schwarzes Dakota | Anthracite Maple | Logic 7 | Nav Engine: Custom AFE CAI, Superchips ECU remap, Sprint Booster, RDSport Dual Exhaust Conversion with Quad Pipes and X-pipe, 3 resonators deleted, 90mm tips! Exterior: M-Tech Aero kit | M5 Mirrors | M5 Rear Bumper | Trunk Lid Finisher | Vorsteiner decklid spoiler | 50% Formula One Pinnacle Tint Suspension and Brakes: Bilstein PSS9 coilovers, JBT BBK: 16" cross-drilled rotors, 8 piston and 15" cross-drilled rotors, 4 piston Wheels: VIP Modular VR 02 20x9F, 20x10R | Toyo T1R 245/30/20F, 285/25/20R Lights: PIAA 4150K Xtreme White Plus fog lights, AIB v3 MOST IMPORTANT: Hardwired V1; =) ED Date: 4/7/05, Re-delivery date: 5/21/05

What I have been waiting for. Thanks!
Old 09-07-2006, 04:20 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Originally Posted by GOLD PANDA' post='332050' date='Sep 7 2006, 03:32 PM
Hello E60ers:

Fyi, the upcoming November 2006 issue (#62) of BIMMER Magazine will include a write-up and evaluation on the Dinan Tuned E60 545i Sports Sedan.

BEST REGARDS,
Thanks for the heads up. Nice list of Dinan mods you have there? How come you didn't get their suspension package or is that in the works? I'm still trying to synch up with my sales guy to get the strut brace and the Dinan badge.
Old 09-07-2006, 04:25 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E63 AMG | Obsidian Black | Schwarzes Nappa | Black BirdEye Maple | Premium II Package | Electronic Trunk Closer | Parktronic Engine: RPi/Powerchips custom ECU tune, RPi Ram Air Kit (BMC filter, scoops), RennTech Sport exhaust, secondary cats, charcoal and resonator delete, custom AAA x-pipe Exterior: 50% side windows / 35% rear window Formula One Pinnacle Series | Flat AMG hood emblem Suspension: Renntech Lowering Module Wheels/Tires: Radenergie R10, Falken FK452 245/30/20, Yokohama ADVAN Sport 285/25/20 ----------------------------------------- 2005 545i Sport SMG | Ti Grau | Schwarzes Dakota | Anthracite Maple | Logic 7 | Nav Engine: Custom AFE CAI, Superchips ECU remap, Sprint Booster, RDSport Dual Exhaust Conversion with Quad Pipes and X-pipe, 3 resonators deleted, 90mm tips! Exterior: M-Tech Aero kit | M5 Mirrors | M5 Rear Bumper | Trunk Lid Finisher | Vorsteiner decklid spoiler | 50% Formula One Pinnacle Tint Suspension and Brakes: Bilstein PSS9 coilovers, JBT BBK: 16" cross-drilled rotors, 8 piston and 15" cross-drilled rotors, 4 piston Wheels: VIP Modular VR 02 20x9F, 20x10R | Toyo T1R 245/30/20F, 285/25/20R Lights: PIAA 4150K Xtreme White Plus fog lights, AIB v3 MOST IMPORTANT: Hardwired V1; =) ED Date: 4/7/05, Re-delivery date: 5/21/05

Hey Euro,
Since we're on the subject of Dinan mods and their performance, I keep thinking to myself that you should've rolled up your window when you were doing your launches at the Bay Area Meet last month. The windows down contributed to your bad times as well as your lousy brake torquing technique.
Old 09-07-2006, 07:36 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Thanks for giving me an excuse but I think the main problem was because I was driving... hahaha
Old 09-08-2006, 07:31 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by GOLD PANDA' post='332050' date='Sep 7 2006, 03:32 PM
Hello E60ers:

BEST REGARDS,
is this article about your ride?
Old 09-08-2006, 08:21 AM
Members

My Ride: Fully loaded Dinan Tuned E60 545i Sports Sedan, featuring Dinan high flow intake system, Dinan free flow exhaust, Dinan high flow throttle body, Dinan Stage 3 Performance Engine Management Software, Dinan camber plates, Dinan carbon fiber strut tower brace, Dinan 19" lightweight forged wheelset, Dinan/Brembo GT big brake system, Dinan Polished Aluminum Pedal Kit, BMW "M" footrest, Bridgestone Potenza RE050A RFT's, OEM rear deck spoiler, OEM sun/wind deflector, OEM illuminated BMW door sills, debadged (official "Dinan 5 badging"/emblem earned).

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan' post='332080' date='Sep 7 2006, 07:20 PM
Thanks for the heads up. Nice list of Dinan mods you have there? How come you didn't get their suspension package or is that in the works? I'm still trying to synch up with my sales guy to get the strut brace and the Dinan badge.

Greetings EuroCarFan!

You're quite welcome and thanks for the nod here! Love what you and others have done in terms of mods, etc, also! Currently passing on their stage 1 suspension setup because I'm actually very pleased with my current 'stock' sports package setup. I guess it's a matter of personal taste really.

This, coupled with my latest Dinan components, has more than met my current performance driving needs.
Well, coming from my last old jalopy (a Mazda 626), my Dinan tuned 5 is a huge improvement already for me. Hum, make that colossal! Ha ha.

But you never know though! We'll definitely keep the options open (for the suspension upgrade and other goodies). Can always upgrade later, if need be.

Yep, hear you on that Dinan badge too. Patiently awaiting release of their newly designed Dinan 5 badge. Been months already. Even filled out there online form for the badge, including sending all my sales receipt in to them, just to 'expedite' the process.

Oh well, Dinan does just about everything slow it seems. But as they often say, some of the best things in life comes with patience. Sure it'll be pretty cool when it does come out. ENJOY!

BEST REGARDS
Old 09-08-2006, 08:28 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Originally Posted by GOLD PANDA' post='332050' date='Sep 7 2006, 06:32 PM
Hello E60ers:

BEST REGARDS,
I picked up the Mag yesterday and read the article on all 3 vehicles that Steve Dinan talks about. It's a great article, especially the one on his S3R-M3. Although this doesn't pertain to our model car, it really gives good insight into how Steve Dinan thinks and why his craftmanship and engineering is far superior than other mod companies and why the price tag for the upgrades is worth it. I also love how it say's he spends most of his days testing all his bimmers on the roads south of Morgan Hill. What a great job! He also says that he got the M3 up to 165mph on a road near their HQ. I wonder where that road is???
Old 09-08-2006, 08:29 AM
Members

Originally Posted by ro11dice' post='332330' date='Sep 8 2006, 10:31 AM
is this article about your ride?
Hey there!

Well, mostly - minus their Stage 1 suspension package which I opted to pass on for now (very pleased with my current 'stock' sports package setup, coupled with the other Dinan mods).

Bimmer Mag (based in Petaluma, CA) actually visited Dinan HQ down in Morgan Hill to test drive and evaluate their fully tuned/loaded Dinan 545i sedan.

I believe it's the same black colored sedan that's feature on Dinan's website.

Again, should make for some pretty interesting reading.

ENJOY.

BEST REGARDS
Old 09-08-2006, 08:38 AM
Members

Originally Posted by cmansbimmer' post='332353' date='Sep 8 2006, 11:28 AM
I picked up the Mag yesterday and read the article on all 3 vehicles that Steve Dinan talks about. It's a great article, especially the one on his S3R-M3. Although this doesn't pertain to our model car, it really gives good insight into how Steve Dinan thinks and why his craftmanship and engineering is far superior than other mod companies and why the price tag for the upgrades is worth it. I also love how it say's he spends most of his days testing all his bimmers on the roads south of Morgan Hill. What a great job! He also says that he got the M3 up to 165mph on a road near their HQ. I wonder where that road is???

Hey there!

Wow, that's great that you already got a hold of this issue! Still nothing yet here in the Bay Area unfortunately. Yep, that Dinan stuff is all amazing. He's really established himself, given all the positive accolades and tributes they have received over the past couple of decades.

Hum, without divulging too much juicy details, was curious what the article had to say about the Dinan tuned 545. Could you share any tidbits with us?? Thumbs up or down??

BEST REGARDS

Quick Reply: NOVEMBER 2006 BIMMER MAGAZINE