Press Articles & Your Comments Post links to 5 Series related magazine articles along with your commentary.

E60 - Number 8 in U.K. Customer Satisfaction

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2005, 04:18 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 09 - 520d M Sport - Steptronic - Carbon Black - Black Dakota Leather Sports Seats electric- Auto Climate - Piano Black Bamboo - Antracite Headlining - Business Media Kit - Sat Nav - Bluetooth - CD Changer - Auxillary Port and USB - M Sport Multifunction Steering - Lowered M Suspension - 18" Alloys with RFT - M Badged - M Bumpers and Bodykit - Park Distance Control - Advanced Voice Rec - Auto Dim Mirror - Privacy Glass - 5 Year Service Inclusive Previous -06 - 525 M Sport - Steptronic - Sapphire Black - Black Nappa Leather Sports Seats - Auto Climate - Alluminium Cubed Interior - Anthracite Headliner - Business CD with Auxillary Port - M Sport Multifunction Steering - Bluetooth - Lowered M Suspension - 18" Alloys with RFT - M Badged - M Bumpers and Bodykit - Park Distance Control - Spare Wheel kit - Advanced Voice Rec

The point I am trying to make is that realistically yes the British Car Industry does have some wonderful history and heritage behind it and indeed some great names. Over the years, particularly the past 40 years they have managed to destroy it through shoddy workmanship, industrial action and bad management. Because of this the british dont have a motor industry that belongs to themselves anymore but instead some major manufacturers have bought up the names of good old blighty because the Uk is such a large market and they want to merely apease the british into thinking they are are still building great cars. Truth is they are not.

As far as Ireland goes we have no tradition of building cars in our country or anything else for that matter, I will let you consult your history books for the reasoning behing this!

Yes a lot of grand prix teams are based in the uk, new uk designers are good, very accesible to continent and Mr Ecclestone who has such a big hold on this boring sport has a big say with most of these teams.

British built cars are still dodgy!
Old 04-28-2006, 08:04 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535D M Sport, Silver Grey, 19" 172 wheels, M rear spoiler, grey dakota leather, 522 bi-xenon headlights, 524 adaptive headlights 609 professional sat nav 612 assist 620 extended voice control 633 bluetooth phone prep 672 6 disc cd changer privacy glass.

mr grinche, I think you have a problem with Great Britain not the UK car industry............